AC Classic DTM @ Longford 67 - Mon 26 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @Craig Dunkley for organizing a fun race. There was some mayhem but it made it all the more interesting. I couldn't access the game menu during qualify to adjust my setup but had a brief time to do so on the starting grid. I found my car to behave quite differently on the server than when I practiced on my own track. I also practice with lower grip level, (95% or lower) for a good base for corners, etc.
Yah, that second lap was defining for some of us. I slid my front going into the underpass before the bridge and hit the hey wall. I watched my replay and I felt bad for @Raresch spinning under the map after our collision, which I'm not mad about :). Thanks for the apology. My car spun around from the impact and I was facing the wrong direction and gave @Ivan Vejarano a good scare. He did marvelous at negotiating that turn through the mess. We all made mistakes in that race, but it was fun :D

Had a good time with plenty of fun, several good battles, but made two silly mistakes, which cost me a lot of time sadly. I have stuck with the Merc since day one and believe that has helped me a lot.

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ... and congrads to all the drivers that finished the event :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week at Hockenheimring 1988 ..should be a blast :thumbsup:

Thanks for tonight's race Graig, and congrats to @DrSayers Nick for a stonking performance, how you did that, setting purple sectors in the last few laps on softs....wow :O_o:

Thanks also to those I was racing with - and my apologies to @ChikiWaki Victor, I'd got past you on the longest straight, Helicorsa showed you a good couple of car lengths behind so I pulled over onto the line for braking and got a tap from you - thanks for waiting my friend, I guess the cars different characteristics came into play here, I was looking for a slow-in, fast-out to combat the Alfa's traction, so understandably our braking zones would be different.

Not knowing the track to well, decided to take the rear wing down to 1, which paid off to overcome the traction advantage of the Alfa's around me, but tyres were in the red for the last 10 mins:(

MAAAN> I have those awesome starts were I get 2-3 position until the first corner and then I just **** up in the second lap ...
Sorry, @Ronnie Böhme for the last turn incident. I couldn't take the turn more to the interior, although I really wanted to leave space. Thank you very much for waiting.
I have this tendency to do something like the one in front ... @ChikiWaki slide in one of the corners and I just overcorrected with countersteering even though myself was not sliding ... I just don't get it ... and when I saw the alfa blocked in the wall, I just knew I will hit it ... not intentionally, I just knew I couldn't stop. sorry, @Ray Charlebois for that.
I went through the map after that. Then I started from the pits, I was nervous, made mistakes and went through the map again :mad:... So to keep my mind same, I had to exit. I am sorry about that. :cry::cry:
Maybe I just try too much ... I don't know ... :notworthy::notworthy: it's good I don't have time to race for an other week, beeing busy in the weekend. Maybe I can clear my mind.
First of all, no worries mate. That corner is tricky even alone, let alone side by side. I was hoping to get back on the racing line behind you but I misjudged our speed difference. So, I'd say racing incident ;). That incident under the bridge was very unlucky, too. Only just I managed to stop in time but I saw that there was no chance for you.
As for your other "problem" I always tend to overcompensate, meaning that if I've made a mistake I try to race even harder :mad:, making even more mistakes :O_o::unsure:. I can't completely eliminate it, see race yesterday, but I always try to tell myself "If you're in a hurry, go slow" :ninja:.
This track is quite demanding, don't let it's layout fool you. It could have been a fun slipsteam battle royale but I messed up. Great race on softs @DrSayers and @pattikins, the layout just asks for it but the AC tire model is a bit weird regarding tire wear IMO. So I wasn't even brave enough to try mediums. I know at least one of you did it by mistake, awesome job non the less :thumbsup:
As always, big thanks to @Craig Dunkley for hosting those awesome combos. :inlove::thumbsup:

@Ray Charlebois,
Thanks for that,my throttle has been running at 95%,for a couple of days,only reaching 100% when you have to press it like mad for a few times.Thjought a quick blast of WD40 might have done the trick but hence no,so with my sausage fingers, im fiddling about and...OOPPPSSS..There only G27 pedals which are quite old so might have to upgrade.Congrats to podium,and all who raced..Im down but not out..Hoping to do next Mon,should be Fuuuun..

Thanks for tonight's race Graig, and congrats to @DrSayers Nick for a stonking performance, how you did that, setting purple sectors in the last few laps on softs....wow :O_o:

Thanks also to those I was racing with - and my apologies to @ChikiWaki Victor, I'd got past you on the longest straight, Helicorsa showed you a good couple of car lengths behind so I pulled over onto the line for braking and got a tap from you - thanks for waiting my friend, I guess the cars different characteristics came into play here, I was looking for a slow-in, fast-out to combat the Alfa's traction, so understandably our braking zones would be different.

Not knowing the track to well, decided to take the rear wing down to 1, which paid off to overcome the traction advantage of the Alfa's around me, but tyres were in the red for the last 10 mins:(
I appologise for the delayed response. Work is taking more time that I have thought it will this week.
No need to appologise @Medilloni John, you did everything right, Helicorsa showed you the two car lenght that existed. You moved back to the racing line in front of me with enough distance. I knew you had the upper hand, so I braked a tad earlier from my normal braking point so I'd have an advantage at the exit of the turn, as you thought too, but my settings didn't allow me to brake as much as yours, therefore I was getting closer to you, and if I had braked harder, I would have blocked my wheels, as it happened when I hit you. Sorry mate. Of course I waited for you, you did a great move and I spoilt it. Sorry again mate.:cry::thumbsup:;)

Last edited:
Hello guys :)
Congrats to the podium finishers :thumbsup:
My race was great until I lost concentration the last 5 or 6 laps, the start was amazing, put me second, then I was holding well, until I went over the side of the road and @Raresch and @Ronnie Böhme passed me just before the last straight. Then I saw the incident between them and squeezed through my way when they bumped.
Second again, just to make an error later on and @Medilloni caught me and passed me on the last straight, but I bumped into his rear :redface: and waited for him to return to the track. @pattikins passed both of us and we started a pursuit, sadly John had an off and I was alone on the pursuit.
I managed to pass Patrick, but several laps later my mind was about how weird the car was behaving, every lap the back was more uncontrolable, so following my stupid reveries I missed the braking point at the last straight and ended up way too far away from the racing line, so by the time I returned John and Patrick had passed me.
So catch up again, but this time the car was really loose at the back, I starting thinking again, and lost the back two times at the same turn in two consecutive laps, then it hit me, what a moron I am, this car behaves just the opposite as a mid/back engine, I need to put more brake balance to the front not ot the rear as the fuel consumes, so I fixed my problems but it was too late for me to catch them.
I'm really happy racing with you guys, I'm going to miss you on Mondays and Wednesdays :cry:
Thank you @Craig Dunkley for hosting this amazing combos.
See you as soon as I can make time again. :)

@ChikiWaki,
yes proper gutted i could,nt race,was looking for a good battle with yourself and @Ronnie Böhme ,and a few more,but the throttle was getting worse,so i did,nt want to comprimise anyones race with my inconsistency and lack of power.......but...theres always a but...had the old trusted soldering iron out,compressed air cleaner,two bloody burned fingers trying to hold a wire thats not 1mm thick, a hot iron,stick of solder,cramped in a space inbetween my GT Omega Rig half under my table,cussing and having a nightmare...but.....there it is again,think we have success in my praccy laps...OOhhh the things we BOYS do to play together..:D:D:geek::geek::laugh::laugh::);):thumbsup:..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%