Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Thanks guys for a fun race. Hopefully my latency wasn't too bad. From my perspective, things seemed pretty smooth. Not my driving, but the latency. This is a really good time of the day for me, but I don't want to mess things up for everyone in Australia with being so far away.

I will also work to sort out the Discord connection. I'm very much a n00b when it comes to Discord, so I didn't realize that I had to connect my premium account at RD with it. I'll figure that out before the next one. I'm sure it was a much better time connected to the chat.

Hi everyone, well we had some fun in our first AMS2 race!! However, we had some ping issues, some car placement issues by the game and some less than ideal racing. We all need to respect each other and just be patient. It needs to be fun for everyone. The Golden Rule was mentioned during the race. Please if anyone has any issues with the racing DM me and we can sort it out.
There's obviously heaps of bugs with AMS2, we will try again soon. Hope to see you all back, it is supposed to be fun!!
Thankyou you all for supporting the Aussie RD Club!

kamikaze.jpg

Sorry for that second start everyone! Totally brainfarted on reset to cold tires. The last time I do that...

Good fun - I'll be back. Noticed in the replays the UK guys had all kinds of ping issues.

Last edited:
Yeh sadly the game has some serious netcode issues. Especially when one driver sees a car in at least a car length difference going into a corner compared to the other guy. And that was between me and Damo who both have decent pings (under 100).

No wonder we were complaining to each other that it was my corner, we were both right in our respective games. It's just ripe for arguments, and not good enough. Will report the issue on the reiza forum. Fingers crossed they start working on the multiplayer aspects soon.

I was quite happy with the result of quali and R1 :). Doing some TT practice and stuff I could do 2:13s occasionally, but was surprised in quali that I was able to dip into the 2:12s and just nose out @goffred on the grid. R1 start was kind of hectic mainly cuz I'm so used to a formation lap and the start in AMS2 just seems so quick.

OH lights! put in clutch, do i have it in gear? **** GREEN AIIIIIIGH! Was slow off the line, and saw car half way flipping in the air up and to the left, Hung back a little just to make it through T1. Somehow At the end of the first lap I was up to 5th and that is basically how it stayed. Kevin had an excursion that put him only 1s in front of me, but I am not consistant or fast enough to challenge him. Thought @beorn2 would have closed the gap on me and cause me trouble, but that somehow didn't happen

Somehow with this car, it was the cleanest race I ever had at Bathurst. I did maybe graze a wall here or there, but nothing that caused me problems. R2, would rather not talk about it :)

Last edited:
Strange issue when I change anything in the BMW setup, when I go back to the setup screen it’s reset to default...
Now I’m battling a placebo effect.

edit2: tried the merc out and lap one with default setup is 1 second faster that I could manage in the BMW.... shame

Last edited:
Ross, I'd like to sign up.

I have given both cars a try and have a query. This may be more of a set up FFB issue but I cannot sense any grip/loss of grip from the rear before it's all too late. It makes lapping consistently entirely a rhythm thing not a feel thing. I've made a few changes to rear ARB, break balance and toe to get a better balance but still no feel.

I'm I alone in this?

ID; max1966i

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%