• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

EU Classic DTM @ Hockenheimring - Tue 20 Oct 2020

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Classic DTM.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: German Group A
Track: Hockenheimring - National

Tuesday 20/10/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

German Group A - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik - (Forum name)
  2. Dan ONeill - (Oneill592)
  3. Des Bain - (Real name)
  4. PurgerUK - (Forum name)
  5. max1966i - (Forum name)
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot

UTP#19

Last edited:

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Additional Information

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.

2) You must ensure that you have read and understood our Racing Club Rules before signing up. Ignorance is no excuse.

3) Do not click the Exit button at the end of qualifying. Just wait for the session to advance automatically.

4) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race. You must confirm you are ready before it ends or you will be automatically DQ'd.

5) If the event uses a two race format, you will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.

6) We strongly advise the use of Crew Chief, an app which gives you a spotter during races. This will provide audio cues when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing the frequency of unnecessary incidents.

Dan ONeill

500RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Does this car have to be driven with a clutch and stick? I realise the real one would but I’ve just been using pedal shifters and having difficulty with the clutch.
Edit: turned on auto clutch!

Last edited:

Dan ONeill

500RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Strange issue when I change anything in the BMW setup, when I go back to the setup screen it’s reset to default...
Now I’m battling a placebo effect.

edit2: tried the merc out and lap one with default setup is 1 second faster that I could manage in the BMW.... shame

Last edited:

max1966i

100RPM
Premium
Jul 24, 2013
Ross, I'd like to sign up.

I have given both cars a try and have a query. This may be more of a set up FFB issue but I cannot sense any grip/loss of grip from the rear before it's all too late. It makes lapping consistently entirely a rhythm thing not a feel thing. I've made a few changes to rear ARB, break balance and toe to get a better balance but still no feel.

I'm I alone in this?

ID; max1966i

Reactions: Goffik

Mark E Taylor

100RPM
Premium
May 9, 2018
Hi all, would anyone know why my vr hmd is 'for a split second' showing a mirror upside-down view? It's like a glitch? I've tried resetting,re-installing, and have looked online to no avail. It's driving me mad, and I don't think ill be able to race tonight (or any other night) until it's sorted. Any help would be most appreciated.

Dan ONeill

500RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
No but I did have a similar issue when being placed in the mini on the grid where I would be inside a bush or something. This never lasted more than half a second though so didn’t impact my race.

Mark E Taylor

100RPM
Premium
May 9, 2018
No but I did have a similar issue when being placed in the mini on the grid where I would be inside a bush or something. This never lasted more than half a second though so didn’t impact my race.
Thanks for your reply Dan. Ive just came off the phone to HP and it looks like i'll have to send it back for a replacment HMD! Bit of a nightmare as it was only replaced about 1 month ago !

Mark E Taylor

100RPM
Premium
May 9, 2018
As post above explains im having to send back my reverb (AGAIN) as its not working properly! So i cant race tonight!!!!! They say i should have it by Friday ??? Enjoy your race's tonight lads. boooo-hoooo. I'll catch you all next tuesday.
I'll watch your stream tonight,so make sure you all keep it clean.

Last edited:

Dan ONeill

500RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
Thanks for your reply Dan. Ive just came off the phone to HP and it looks like i'll have to send it back for a replacment HMD! Bit of a nightmare as it was only replaced about 1 month ago !
No worries Mark.
I’m waiting for the G2 Reverb reviews once the mass market gets their hands on them. Maybe I’ll ask the missus to chip in for a Xmas present!

Mark E Taylor

100RPM
Premium
May 9, 2018
No worries Mark.
I’m waiting for the G2 Reverb reviews once the mass market gets their hands on them. Maybe I’ll ask the missus to chip in for a Xmas present!
Dont start me on the G2 ! Ive been looking for a legit excuse to buy it since it was anounced. Seriously been wondering if anyone is looking for a cheap kidney ?

• Haha
Reactions: Calvyn White

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 80 30.3%
  • Instagram

Votes: 99 37.5%
  • Facebook

Votes: 47 17.8%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 61 23.1%