AC Classic DTM @ Feldbergring - Mon 12 August 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hello everyone :)
Congratulations to all of you, this beautiful track is so hard on concentation, finishing the race is just an achievement.:cool:
Well done to the top finishers :thumbsup:
Thank you @Craig Dunkley for a thrilling evening you've organised. :thumbsup:
The down street melee was an opportunity for me. Sorry @Allan Ramsbottom , @Ronnie Böhme, and @Reik Major you gave me a dream, I knew you'll catch me, but I was there, @JeroenH was right behind and pass me, of course, Then I dreamt of 2nd, later they passed me, but crashed again, so, I again was dreaming, @Ronnie Böhme was catching me at speed of light, so 3rd was a dream, but then @Allan Ramsbottom passed me by like a rocket. So, 4th watching the gap to @Medilloni and @Denis Betty who were fighting between them. From there on I was just praying not to make a mistake. "Stay out of trouble" would say my Mom :D
Changing gears with the H-pattern here was way too suffering!!! Some day I need to learn Heel 'n' toe :notworthy: Who needs to go to the gym :laugh:
Thank you mates for a joyful evening :thumbsup::)

Hey @Craig Dunkley , thanks for yet another blinding combo from you:thumbsup: Congrats to the podium guys, especially the first 8 or so in quali.. amazing lap times gents!

Couldn't get a clean lap (aka too many f**k ups:laugh:) in quali and thought it safer to start at the back and just concentrate on being consistent, so, happy with 6th and a great tussle with @Denis Betty who robbed me blind of 5th:whistling::roflmao: ... I think, not seen the results - so if a kind soul uploads to Simresults.net I'd really appreciate it:D

Thanks for being so fair Denis, highlight of the race for me and really enjoyed it;) - apologies too if I caught you out a couple of times, my (G920) shifter misses 3rd gear occasionally but with this being such a long lap it was happening a few times per lap. Need to find a fix:unsure:

Thanks again to all for an uber clean race:)

[QUOTE="Thanks for being so fair Denis, highlight of the race for me and really enjoyed it;) - [/QUOTE]
Really great racing mate, just a shame about your shifter.
Look forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

What an exciting race :D

Too bad the close battle between the first 3 didn't happen because of multiple events :cry:.
After an OK start, I was watching @Allan Ramsbottom pulling away with his AWD, preparing for the battle ahead. I was expecting the long tripple left to be a critical point in the first lap, so I took it easy. It was very sad to see @Allan Ramsbottom getting into trouble big time and I had all hands full to avoid a collision. I did tap the Alfa anyway, sorry for that :redface:. After some minor mistakes @Reik Major passed me and I had to really focus again to keep up. Thanks for keeping the door wide open at the hairpin @Reik Major :thumbsup:, I've missed the braking point a bit and was praying all the 200m that this will turn out well. At the end of the first lap I was confident to match his pace untill the tripple left struck again, ripping @Reik Major appart. Again trying to avoid a crash, I lost control and spun myself. Luckily the field was already torn appart and I survived with minor injuries. With over half an hour to race I've pulled myself together and got going again. After a while I caught up to @Allan Ramsbottom again and was caught completely of guard wenn he hit the fence and lost momentum in the fast bends before the hairpin. Still confused about the situation I saw a gap and went for it without lifting. I guess @Allan Ramsbottom saw me in time and left the gap open, thank you buddy:thumbsup:, that would have been a massive crash right there :O_o:. After that it was quite easy going to slowly catch up to the guys in front of me untill I've reached @JeroenH. Boy did he put up a fight :O_o:. We both made some minor mistakes over the next few laps. He was struggling in some places, trying to tame his BMW, but was damn fast on the straights. So when I finally caught his slipstream, my brain went to overdrive going for a crazy move in the last chicane. We both left enought room for each other but ended up in the green to the left, just avoiding to hit the fence and keeping it straight. I'm really sorry for that move in retrospective. It's only thanks to @JeroenH backing of that we didn't end up in a massive crash. Thank's for that buddy :thumbsup:. Close to cardiac arrest, I couldn't get away from him till the end. On the last "straight" from the hairpin on he was breathing up my neck, gaining more and more speed in my slipstream. He got very close and I was preparing myself for a revenge maneuver. I was almost disappointed that he backed out of it, takeing a very close and more than deserved second place.

Awesome race on an awesome track :inlove: Thanks a lot @Craig Dunkley for organizing those amazing events :thumbsup:.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%