AC Classic DTM @ Donington 1938 - 19 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There was actually 4 cars in a row at the start like in rallycross but thankfully not that many contacts in the first corner :)

Found myself in the lead after Allan and Ronnie spun in front of me. Nice battle with Victor for few laps but he was finally little bit too fast for me.

In the final corner I still had a scare as I play with vr and my mouse fell into my lap and overbroke the hairpin. But managed to stay in second.

Thanks all for the racing, fun combo!

Yep, tricky in the BMW.
WD @Medilloni. I waited when you missed a gear and I got past. Then I lost concentration for the 2nd time. NVM I will try to practice next time, but motivation is more difficult if I don't really really love the car.
The car is great, but very tricky and not greally keeping my attention like some historic cars do. Maybe I'll try the Merc.
Anyway, it's way better that racing modern GT cars. :)

Thanks for organising Craig. :thumbsup:
I wondered what happened when you slowed down Denis, my apologies if it caught you out again - it was crazy tonight, missing 2nd 3rd and 5th every damn lap, so, it's paddles from now on:( Thanks too for being a gent... but you should have kept going, I was slower than you by a second or more:thumbsup:

Didn't practice before tonight, thought the Feldberg setup would do but it was all over the place, so went with max top speed and std setup which was surprisingly (for me!) good.

I think I know what you mean about the car, I love driving it 'cos it's a 'chuck it about' animal, but it's definitely behind the other two on most tracks (imo), time for a change next time, sadly. Unless there was a BOP that gave a bit of help:whistling:

Huge congrats to @ChikiWaki Victor, @JussiS Jussi and @Allan Ramsbottom Allan for the podium finishes, and @Craig Dunkley thanks for these amazing events buddy:thumbsup::)

sorry guys. no fun for me. I couldn't go further. I had already taken damage and I just didn't had the mood to continue. Maybe it was way harder than expected.
Don't worry @Raresch , you were doing fine :thumbsup:, but then you lost concentration.
I'm not a fast driver, but if you want, next time, ask me for my setup, and I'll give it to you. I try to make it decently fast, but mostly "forgiving" to errors.:rolleyes:
Sorry at the start, the front guys were too close and both were Merc, so I delay my start a tad to have a little bit more room to look for a place to go.:redface:
Just rest, next race will be better ;)

I had a lot fun in that race ..getting to know the track more makes you feel a lot more comfortable ...I had a few races, so whoever you was thanks :thumbsup: ..I made some mistakes which I am sure cost me a few places, but none the less lots of fun.

Good clean racing chaps :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and of course all the drivers that battled on through there troubles :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again next week ...some more great track mods on there way :thumbsup:
Thank you @Craig Dunkley for hosting such a lovely combo.:thumbsup::)
And thanks for moving away from the racing line as soon as you got a place to do it ;) I'm not a fast guy and the "fast" guys were, yeah, fast and catching me. :whistling:

Very nice race. I like these combo's of you, Craig! Thanks for organising!
Too bad this race didn't end after qualify.:D I do not know what happened at the start. I qualified 3th but on the grid I had no car in front of me. Is this 3 cars in a line at the start? Had a bad start (1th gear too long I guess) so 5th after turn 1. Then one of guys in front went off the track making me 3th again. Of course Ronnie quickly overtook me and I was happy to hold 4th. Then an Alfa missed the last turn and ended in my race line. I did a 180 and was forced to let a few cars pass. Ended just before John but after a mistake he took my place. I was slightly faster and did tail John for some laps. When I thought I would have a better exit before the long straight I was to eager and hit the straw bale next to the building. Well that was it for my race. John was more than 30s in front of me, I tried to catch up but at the finish he still had about 12s gap. Congrats to the podium and especially Victor (was this your first win?).
Thank you @HF2000 , yeah, it's my maiden ever win online! I had to concentrate so hard not to make more mistakes.
Sorry, it was me who spun in front of you :redface: and you had to run wide and the run-off forced you into a spin. :whistling: I appologise for it. You were right behind me, followed by the Mercs.:thumbsup:
Kindda weird starting grid, the cars were so packed that I needed to delay my start so I could have enough room to pass the Merc and their RWD.

Last edited:
There was actually 4 cars in a row at the start like in rallycross but thankfully not that many contacts in the first corner :)

Found myself in the lead after Allan and Ronnie spun in front of me. Nice battle with Victor for few laps but he was finally little bit too fast for me.

In the final corner I still had a scare as I play with vr and my mouse fell into my lap and overbroke the hairpin. But managed to stay in second.

Thanks all for the racing, fun combo!
Yes it was a great battle with @JussiS . Though I'm quiet sure you are faster than me: qualy, race times, etc. This evening I was just lucky and stubborn, I managed to get into your slipstream and stay at your side, my traction was better, so I was able to overtake you, from there I was just holding you and try not to make more mistakes.
BTW, sorry about the "kiss" I gave you at the hairpin :redface: Great move you did for possition. :thumbsup:
Thanks for a thrilling fight we had.

I wondered what happened when you slowed down Denis, my apologies if it caught you out again - it was crazy tonight, missing 2nd 3rd and 5th every damn lap, so, it's paddles from now on:( Thanks too for being a gent... but you should have kept going, I was slower than you by a second or more:thumbsup:

Didn't practice before tonight, thought the Feldberg setup would do but it was all over the place, so went with max top speed and std setup which was surprisingly (for me!) good.

I think I know what you mean about the car, I love driving it 'cos it's a 'chuck it about' animal, but it's definitely behind the other two on most tracks (imo), time for a change next time, sadly. Unless there was a BOP that gave a bit of help:whistling:

Huge congrats to @ChikiWaki Victor, @JussiS Jussi and @Allan Ramsbottom Allan for the podium finishes, and @Craig Dunkley thanks for these amazing events buddy:thumbsup::)
Thank you @Medilloni John.:thumbsup::)

Thank you all for a wonderful race. I'm ecstatic :D
First of all, sorry to @HF2000 , @Ronnie Böhme , and @JussiS I lost two times the back of the car at the hairpin, the first I forced Han into a spin when he couldn't do other thing than run wide, and I bumped Ronnie's front (thankfully he kept going like a rhino without noticing the splat mosquito on his forehead), the second one I "kissed" Jussi and he overtook me (what a date!) :redface::)

The race was a constant fight for possition, mainly with Jussi :thumbsup:, but also with @Stig Bidstrup , who was recovering positions from his weird accident (he hit something on T2 and flew across the tarmac:unsure:) Of course @Allan Ramsbottom was already too far away, Ronnie was catching him, and Stig was pulling away. Then I needed to regain position with Jussi, so I was so focus on not letting him go away that I didn't see what happened to Stig, Ronnie and Allen (after the replay I know now, sorry guys :rolleyes: you made my day), and later on when I crossed the start/finish line CrewChief said P1 :sick:. From there on, I was so stiff and nervous that I needed to regain focus and try to keep consistent lap times, because the "fast guys" would come, and they were coming, but suddenly the gap was steady. Last two laps I was just thinking on one turn at a time, not to make mistakes. And yes my maiden V on online racing ever!!! :D:roflmao:

I know I am not fast or as fast as the "fast guys" :geek:, but this is an example of determination, consistancy and avoid making mistakes. Sooner or later you get a lucky day, and I got mine, though you need to be there to take advantage of it :ninja:

I would like to thank many people from RD community, fellow racers who have been patient with my questions about almost everything and kind to answer them, also all you fellow racers, fast or not, who are racing every time you have a chance, and keep fighting for your goals or dreams, while you are tough fighters but fair players :thumbsup::laugh:
If I forget someone, and feels offended, please forgive me for being absentminded.

Especial thanks to @Bobby Pennington you are always there to help out noobies, @Ronnie Böhme for being so fast and lend a hand when ask for, @Craig Dunkley and @JoelK for hosting these thrilling races, @Raresch for your enthusiasm (consistancy, then raw speed), @Fat-Alfie and @jim lloyd for your amazing tracks, @HF2000 , @JeroenH @Mark E Taylor and @Ray Charlebois for caring, and racing fair, @GEO147 , @jayk , @dhmotor , @Kek700 , @Asterix , @rockracer , @Enzo Fazzi , @Altaraz , @Medilloni , @hoody , @pattikins @Axel Moebius @Frank van der Heide , @SOLO59 , @BP, @Birche ,@Maciej Strzeboński, @Lucas Gerlach , @Denis Betty , @Wozu for being there racing :)

Also I would like to mention the noobies that sadly struggle at the back of the grid but courageously keep racing till the chequered flag. @KopachGrobova and @Ivan Vejarano your tenacity will serve you well, sooner than later, and racing is fun, with or without victories :geek:

Lastly thanks to RD community as a whole for keeping our enjoyment competitive, fair and safe.

After my 15 min of fame, I return back to my normal grid position, hopefully, and I promise I'll keep trying to reduce the gap with the front runners :roflmao:

Last edited:
Thank you @HF2000 , yeah, it's my maiden ever win online! I had to concentrate so hard not to make more mistakes.
Sorry, it was me who spun in front of you :redface: and you had to run wide and the run-off forced you into a spin. :whistling: I appologise for it. You were right behind me, followed by the Mercs.:thumbsup:
Kindda weird starting grid, the cars were so packed that I needed to delay my start so I could have enough room to pass the Merc and their RWD.
Don't worry about your spin, Victor. That's racing and it happened to me far too much. I'm impressed by your performance last night. Very consistent and able to hold your nerves with the fast guys behind.:thumbsup:

First of all, sorry to @HF2000 , @Ronnie Böhme , and @JussiS I lost two times the back of the car at the hairpin, the first I forced Han into a spin when he couldn't do other thing than run wide, and I bumped Ronnie's front (thankfully he kept going like a rhino without noticing the splat mosquito on his forehead), the second one I "kissed" Jussi and he overtook me (what a date!) :redface::)
First of all, congratulations mate! :thumbsup: You really deserve that victory. Enjoy the sweet taste of champagne :)

You are a really good example how persistency and determination lead to ... well in this case success but most of all joy and pride in what you are doing and have achieved. It's also great to see how you combine your own experience with all the advice and tipps from this great community to learn and improve.

I really hope that we'll see you on the track again at some point. :unsure:
The guys are organizing races at many different days a week, maybe something will be convenient for you despite your work schedule :thumbsup:

Oh, and about the speck of insect on my bumper, I'll send you a bill for the cleaning ;):roflmao:
Seriously though, I've tried really hard to avoid the contact but the road is so damn bumpy there, I was just jumping all over the place. It looked like nothing bad happened to you and just kept goin. No need for you to appologize. If someone loses controll and spinns in front of others there's not much he can do, instead the cars following will try and avoid contact if possible. Somtimes it just isn't possible :whistling:.

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations mate! :thumbsup: You really deserve that victory. Enjoy the sweet taste of champagne :)

You are a really good example how persistency and determination lead to ... well in this case success but most of all joy and pride in what you are doing and have achieved. It's also great to see how you combine your own experience with all the advice and tipps from this great community to learn and improve.

I really hope that we'll see you on the track again at some point. :unsure:
The guys are organizing races at many different days a week, maybe something will be convenient for you despite your work schedule :thumbsup:

Oh, and about the speck of insect on my bumper, I'll send you a bill for the cleaning ;):roflmao:
Seriously though, I've tried really hard to avoid the contact but the road is so damn bumpy there, I was just jumping all over the place. It looked like nothing bad happened to you and just kept goin. No need for you to appologize. If someone loses controll and spinns in front of others there's not much he can do, instead the cars following will try and avoid contact if possible. Somtimes it just isn't possible :whistling:.
I utterly appreciate this post :inlove:
Firstly, because it comes from you, shy to say it but you're my model to look up to. Racing and, as far as my knowledge goes, personally ;)
Secondly, because as you have stated, it is a huge reward to many, many hours of reading, watching replays, asking (nagging fellow racers), and practising and racing on the track, for the past two weeks and a half. (I've lost 3 kilos so far) :geek:
I know I'm still way behind; driving dexterity, septup knowledge, and raw speed, though I'll keep going on, because I love racing.
Don't be so quick getting rid of me, I still have this and next week, not much, but enough to try to be 4th or 5th, with the license of fellow racers. Yeah, I know my place :whistling:
Sadly, from September on, work doesn't allow me to race during weekdays, I might have some lack, but ... Anyway, I'll join as many races as I can :ninja:
Someday, who knows, a lighthing could strike, and I'll treat you a couple beers. (I'm not cheapo, just deficitary in monetary terms) :D
See you soon mate. Thank you again.
P.S. Of course you tried hard to avoid the contac, I was the one who was causing it and forcing you to take evasive actions :redface::whistling::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I utterly appreciate this post :inlove:
Firstly, because it comes from you, shy to say it but you're my model to look up to. Racing and, as far as my knowledge goes, personally ;)
Secondly, because as you have stated, it is a huge reward to many, many hours of reading, watching replays, asking (nagging fellow racers), and practising and racing on the track, for the past two weeks and a half. (I've lost 3 kilos so far) :geek:
I know I'm still way behind; driving dexterity, septup knowledge, and raw speed, though I'll keep going on, because I love racing.
Don't be so quick getting rid of me, I still have this and next week, not much, but enough to try to be 4th or 5th, with the license of fellow racers. Yeah, I know my place :whistling:
Sadly, from September on, work doesn't allow me to race during weekdays, I might have some lack, but ... Anyway, I'll join as many races as I can :ninja:
Someday, who knows, a lighthing could strike, and I'll treat you a couple beers. (I'm not cheapo, just deficitary in monetary terms) :D
See you soon mate. Thank you again.
P.S. Of course you tried hard to avoid the contac, I was the one who was causing it and forcing you to take evasive actions :redface::whistling::thumbsup:
I'm Speechless :redface: Other than visually (I'm 2.03m/6ft 8in tall) nobody ever looked up to me. Maybe I never gave them a reason and just maybe this is one effect turning my life around now. So, thank you for overcoming your shyness. Your words mean more to me than you might think.

Keep up the great work mate, It's already lead to great results. Also, kudos to losing 3kg in 2 1/2 weeks, that's amazing :thumbsup:.

Im not even remotely trying to get rid of you :roflmao:. Quite the opposite, I'm already missing you :redface:. Sooo, let's enjoy every race we have together. :)

I'm Speechless :redface: Other than visually (I'm 2.03m/6ft 8in tall) nobody ever looked up to me. Maybe I never gave them a reason and just maybe this is one effect turning my life around now. So, thank you for overcoming your shyness. Your words mean more to me than you might think.

Keep up the great work mate, It's already lead to great results. Also, kudos to losing 3kg in 2 1/2 weeks, that's amazing :thumbsup:.

Im not even remotely trying to get rid of you :roflmao:. Quite the opposite, I'm already missing you :redface:. Sooo, let's enjoy every race we have together. :)

2.03m, 2.03m?!!! Definetly you are an :alien:
:roflmao::laugh:
Yep, 1.74m/5ft 7in Spanish average guy (for my generation), last year my weigh was 79.1kg/174.39lb and today 71.8kg/158.29lb, I'Il stop at 68.2kg/150.36lb, which is the World Health something recommendation for my age and height. I am on a roll of fulfiling my goals.:roflmao:

Convenience and comfort made me be someone I never wanted to be, so now I'm trying to be who I want to be, even if I have to suffer :ninja::laugh: In the end you suffer equally, but this way you may end up being who you want to be. ;)

And don't worry, I prefer to look up for roll models that are close to me, nowadays roll models are "marketing", with interestedly set up values. I rather have day to day fellows with natural values. I was in the marketing-advisor business for many years, Multinational Startegic Marketing, so I know what I talk about :poop:

Yeah, let's keep burning rubber while we can :ninja::D

Congrats to @ChikiWaki for your win,well deserved M8,@Ronnie Böhme,sorry for collecting you on my spin on the twisty down hill section,i somehow get a comp glitch where comp freezes for a split sec,and there it was,so only right i waited and commenced battle lol..A great couple of laps then you made a mistake ran wide and like in the last race,where you gunned it past me,i thought i would return the favour:D:D..So now i was trying to catch up to the leaders,Victor was too far infront but with back markers coming up i set my sights on @JussiS :rolleyes::laugh:..Pushing hard and i think his tyres going off,into the last corner of last lap he went slightly wide but just had enough momentum to keep me at bay,1 more lap would have been a good scrap for 2nd place.Big Up @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup::thumbsup: for the best couple of races and to @Denis Betty who also puts time and effort into these events..Looking forward to Weds race...Revenge time he he he...:laugh::laugh::D:D:p:p:);):thumbsdown:

Congrats to @ChikiWaki for your win,well deserved M8,@Ronnie Böhme,sorry for collecting you on my spin on the twisty down hill section,i somehow get a comp glitch where comp freezes for a split sec,and there it was,so only right i waited and commenced battle lol..A great couple of laps then you made a mistake ran wide and like in the last race,where you gunned it past me,i thought i would return the favour:D:D..So now i was trying to catch up to the leaders,Victor was too far infront but with back markers coming up i set my sights on @JussiS :rolleyes::laugh:..Pushing hard and i think his tyres going off,into the last corner of last lap he went slightly wide but just had enough momentum to keep me at bay,1 more lap would have been a good scrap for 2nd place.Big Up @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup::thumbsup: for the best couple of races and to @Denis Betty who also puts time and effort into these events..Looking forward to Weds race...Revenge time he he he...:laugh::laugh::D:D:p:p:);):thumbsdown:
Thanks Allan :thumbsup::)
You were so fast and run away from lap 1, sorry about your incident, though it allow me to have a chance and I took advantage of it ;)
You were coming really fast, luckly for me there were no more laps left. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry about your spin, Victor. That's racing and it happened to me far too much. I'm impressed by your performance last night. Very consistent and able to hold your nerves with the fast guys behind.:thumbsup:
Thank you Han, I appreciate it. At the end of the race, I couldn't even open or close my hands, I was so stiff for the tension.
See you next race ;)

First of all, i have to excuse myself, yesterday my Steam controller configuration was crazy, and my G27 wheel was not recognized... i tried everything, only last night i could make it work. So, again sorry! Hope to see ya guys soon! Thanks:thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back