AC Classic DTM @ Deutschlandring - Mon 05 August 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was crazy difficult but fun! I only managed 2 completed laps late in qualy. Didn't have much time to practice.... Qualified 9th... Managed to avoid the big incident on the first lap but clip the rear of one of the spinning cars. Some minor front end damage as a result and got down to P2!

I didn't have much battles, but instead I defended as long as I could until I ended up in P6 by mid race and finished P6.

Intense moments and exciting racing all around I'm sure!

Congrats to the podium and thanks to everyone that came out! Thanks to Craig I shall revisit this track offline in the near future but with some classic open wheelers lol
Great track I never knew about!

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting
Indeed @SOLO59 , I loved our battle, sadly you dropped a bit. Great fun though. Nice racing with you.

Thank you @Craig Dunkley for a thrilling race!!!
Congratulations to the top finisher Merc squad @Lucas Gerlach , @Reik Major , and @Ronnie Böhme. Someday Alfa guys will have our revenge.
@Medilloni what and fight with you, I couldn't catch you in the end. Next time I'll try to make less mistakes.
@SOLO59 It was so difficult to catch you, sadly you lost rythm after passing you.
I had so much fun. Thank you, all of you who has participated in the race. :D

Hey Guys

Once again, big, biiig SORRY for my massive ****-up yesterday :notworthy:. This was the second most embarrasing moment of my simracing career :redface:. I've seen in the replay that I've destroyed quite a few races, so, so sorry guys :cry:. Amazing how many did get through unharmed though :thumbsup:.

I still had lots of fun to push the remaining piece of scrap metal to the limit and fight my way back to third. Had some great battles on the way as well :thumbsup:. Congrats to @Lucas Gerlach and @Reik Major and everyone who made it through.

That was a very nice and exhausting event.

I qualified P2 only 2 tens behind @Ronnie Böhme .

At the start I lost a few positions because of a long first gear. A few corners later I crashed into a spinning car right after the flat left hander which wasn't avoidable at all resulting in me spinning too. So I was nearly close to the end of the field. It was good fun to slice through the field until being back in P2 again. But the gap to leading @Lucas Gerlach was too big to get it closed, because from the middle of the race he had found his pace matching my one. So I finished P2 17 seconds behind him.

Thanks to all drivers involved and to @Craig Dunkley for hosting.

Really nice video, Kamil. Thanks. Nice to see what different setups do for a car. Your Alfa had a lot of downforce but was very slow on the straight. Raresch with his 155 was fast but struggled a lot in the woods (beautiful crash on the straight by the way, @Raresch:thumbsup: , that must have hurt a lot! :D).

Last edited:
Really nice video, Kamil. Thanks. Nice to see what different setups do for a car. Your Alfa had a lot of downforce but was very slow on the straight. Raresch with his 155 was fast but struggled a lot in the woods (beautiful crash on the straight by the way, @Raresch:thumbsup: , that must have hurt a lot! :D).
It hurt a lot. :)) I was slipstreaming and when I exited I had a massive understeer problem and I just went straight in the pillar. Good thing we do this online :whistling::whistling:
You won't belive me that I had maximum aero :)) I was very surprised to see how much speed I had on the straights. I think it's because I've put the gears one click above then the default? I was changing gears in the middle of the corner in the fast sector, and on in the forest, up the hill, I was changing right before the apex, so I though it would be a good idea to make them longer, to not change between the fast chicanes of the hill. This proved to be bad on that sector ... but I don't know if I was loosing more than I was gaining on the straights. Maybe ... My setup may have been broken.

Watching it now. Some sound off that beast.

For anyone else that ever tried this great track my graphical issues were solved by knocking the world detail and reflections down a notch.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%