AC Classic DTM @ Bridgehampton - Wednesday 05 Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I could race tonight if someone has a setup for the bimmer. I will arrive when the quali starts, if that's ok.
Sorry I missed this post Raresh:( For future ref though, for anyone that wants one, I've attached mine from tonight (though I think Stefan's is faster!:laugh:)

Attachments

• dtm bmw Nord Bridgewip jpv2.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thanks @Denis Betty for running tonight's event, and congrats to the podium guys - race 1 saw stunning laps from @Celtic Pharaoh - will study the replay to understand how you did it, then weep for a while:p @Stefan Weber... amazing race on softs mate, you shall be known as Mr Smooth!

2nd race... ridiculous pressure from @Axel Moebius , and as always, thanks for the super fair racing buddy, heart was in my mouth when you were alongside a couple of times - I was glad you passed me eventually:laugh: @Kek700 Ernie - saw you closing the time down Ernie, started making silly mistakes - totally knackered at the finish.:)

Congratulations to podiums, Tariq pace was stunning, it was a circuit that has very little left to go quicker without big risks.
Thanks to John and Denis for all thier efforts to bring this race about.

Great race, really enjoyed my battle with @HF2000 ,joined by, I think it was Joel, eventually it was Joel and Han, managed to finally close the gap with two corners to go, it was do or die and I knew it, kept my foot in and pass them both, lift and fall back, it was a part of the circuit that was not in my favour, yes I knew it, the back went and that was that for me.

But it was not a problem, I was still in the same place.:)

Second race, very fair racing from all, Kresh I think was on mediums, he had good pace and kept with Axel and John but by lap 9, was obviously having some difficulty’s, by the time I caught up with my hard compound tyres which were as good as new it was just a matter of time.
Chasing John was fun, but there was no way I could do anything, it was a bridge too far.:thumbsup:

Sorry I missed this post Raresh:( For future ref though, for anyone that wants one, I've attached mine from tonight (though I think Stefan's is faster!:laugh:)
Lowered front to 7 and back to 8, differential to 45 and put the soft tires on:laugh:.
I honestly do not know how I managed the first race on 3rd without fighting for it, gaining time and no big issues with tire wear - second race went completely different though.

Greate race :D

I enjoyed both races. Much battling (mostly defending though :() . First race on mediums went pretty well. Tried the hards in the second race but that cost me around a sec per lap. And I had my gears completely wrong. First gear was way too long so in both races I lost 3 positions at the start. (I didn't dare to change it between the races). Congrats to the podiums and who can I thank for organising? John or Denis or both?

Thanks for the heads up but lately my time and pacience for sim racing has been short. Mostly do some offline hotlaps to clear my head. My paltry skills dropped even further. I need a solid week of sim racing to get back on this horse.

A mix between new job and some academia investments of my time.

I enjoyed both races. Much battling (mostly defending though :() . First race on mediums went pretty well. Tried the hards in the second race but that cost me around a sec per lap. And I had my gears completely wrong. First gear was way too long so in both races I lost 3 positions at the start. (I didn't dare to change it between the races). Congrats to the podiums and who can I thank for organising? John or Denis or both?
I found tyres to be a quandary too Han - couldn't make softs last for quali, mediums gone in 7 laps, hards slower but could throw it about for 25 mins - all my fault of course, I just can't drive smoothly :laugh:

Thank Denis my friend, he's got plenty on his plate running AC and rf2 until he can show me how to cock up, err, run the server until Craig gets back;)

Thanks for the heads up but lately my time and pacience for sim racing has been short. Mostly do some offline hotlaps to clear my head. My paltry skills dropped even further. I need a solid week of sim racing to get back on this horse.

A mix between new job and some academia investments of my time.
Thanks to you for the reply Miguel - best wishes for the new job and hope life frees up more time for you soon:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back