AC Classic DTM @ Bridgehampton - Sun 30 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I personally didn't take part in the race but yeah, I suppose it's all due to "False start" setting being disabled on the server. I say this because in the previous race (Caterham@BrandsHatch) I noticed that even if I was on the grid with clutch depressed and 1st gear "phisically" engaged on the H shifter, in the game I was still in neutral. Once the red lights turned off, first gear immediately engaged in the game also. That caught me by surprise a little bit! (It was my first race here since a looong time).
Yes, that is exactly what happened to me!

Well, not sure what happened in the last race, in the first race after most changed to rally cross, found to my amazement I was in 6th behind Craig who was making
good lap times, the front three were long gone, so settled for fifth behind Craig, an over take was a bit risky and I was in no position to even remotely catch the front three. So I was quite happy at Craig’s pace.
Luckily for me Craig decided to also go rally crossing, Craig must of got bored with tarmac, so luckily got a free forth place.
Last race reverse field, completely forgot this, Han on pole with a dodgy starting bmw, managed because of this to out drag Han, the 155’s zoomed past so the obvious happed, but a few accidents put me in a great position, Joel was well off my radar, so that was easy for me, just a matter of knocking off the laps, unfortunately I was getting caught by Han and John, bugger.
Again luck was on my side, John and Han battled for a bit, this gave me some breathing space.
But the obvious happened again, John was giving me some real grief now and was almost certainly going to
Over take me. John did apologise for hitting me up the “Mercedes”, had a laugh about that, he punted me 50 meters up the road and pushed himself 50 meters backwards. Just enough breathing space to cross the finish line next lap. John did me a big favour, without the hit I was an easy overtake for sure.
Another great event from @Craig Dunkley , I think all concerned had a great event, never quite understand why these events aren’t totally over subscribed.:)

Well, not sure what happened in the last race, in the first race after most changed to rally cross, found to my amazement I was in 6th behind Craig who was making
good lap times, the front three were long gone, so settled for fifth behind Craig, an over take was a bit risky and I was in no position to even remotely catch the front three. So I was quite happy at Craig’s pace.
Luckily for me Craig decided to also go rally crossing, Craig must of got bored with tarmac, so luckily got a free forth place.
Last race reverse field, completely forgot this, Han on pole with a dodgy starting bmw, managed because of this to out drag Han, the 155’s zoomed past so the obvious happed, but a few accidents put me in a great position, Joel was well off my radar, so that was easy for me, just a matter of knocking off the laps, unfortunately I was getting caught by Han and John, bugger.
Again luck was on my side, John and Han battled for a bit, this gave me some breathing space.
But the obvious happened again, John was giving me some real grief now and was almost certainly going to
Over take me. John did apologise for hitting me up the “Mercedes”, had a laugh about that, he punted me 50 meters up the road and pushed himself 50 meters backwards. Just enough breathing space to cross the finish line next lap. John did me a big favour, without the hit I was an easy overtake for sure.
Another great event from @Craig Dunkley , I think all concerned had a great event, never quite understand why these events aren’t totally over subscribed.:)
Haha, yes Ernie, sorry about the punt, though whilst you were driving such a consistent pace it was very hard to find a safe-ish place to have a go... I did consider a run down the inside on the downhill run into the two left handers but would have ended in tears, and I think you knew that:p:roflmao: Annoyingly the only places I could gain were all places that are hardest to pass:D

As Han mentioned, some of us couldn't select 1st gear on the grid, which probably didn't help in the run down the Kamikaze Hill - for the 2nd race it was a proper reflex test... to stick into gear ON the red light, clutch in and hoped to judge slip better than the near stall of the 1st race:(

Bonus of the 1st race - I had a grandstand view of @Spilskinanka Matt and @JoelK Joel in an epic tussle, looking forward to watching the replay later!:thumbsup:

Totally agree about these events Ernie, the cars are fast enough for serious fun and flawed enough for mishaps, which bring the field tighter. Thought the same about the Nissan Primera too, a car in the same mold.

It was defiantly foot to the floor there, I was ready to concede, and save third, but you just did not have
the time to make it stick, another 30 meters and it would have been your corner.
The second left hander did not help your cause either, there were a couple of times I sensed you thinking
about going for it, kept my braking as late as I dare.:confused:
In the end it was all down to some preferring rally cross, a dodgy first gear and 30 meters of road.

No wonder I enjoy this club racing so much.:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%