AC Classic DTM @ Bridgehampton - Sun 30 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wow, what a lot of fun this race. First race I didn't know how to get the car in first gear :notworthy:and also I had first gear far to long for good start as everyone could notice in the second race were I was on pole and ended 7th after turn 1 (like my fellow countryman this afternoon;)).

So in both races a couple of battles. Second race I could match the pace of @Kek700 :) but could not overtake him. @Medilloni behind me was much faster so I didn't gave him a hard time, hoping on a chance when he would battle Ernie. In the last lap that almost happened but not so I ended 4th.

So congrats to the guys on the podium and as always thanks @Craig Dunkley !

First race very "meh" for me with some technical issues as well, but the second one was great fun with great long battle with @Nuno Rodrigues :)

(I wish I could remember which way the brake bias works in AC, a bit more to the rear might've made the difference. Or not ;) )

Thanks for the race!

(I could post recording of the first race if there's interest and no objections. I rarely ask before the race nowadays, because I just assume there will be nothing worth uploading ;) :/)

The opposite for me, first race great, second race, my car was spinning in the air ..even with such low damage settings, I was done for :thumbsup:

From the comments everybody had some fun and that is what it is all about :thumbsup:

I was sitting beside @Martin Fiala in the second race, he was having a great battle, it was good to watch :thumbsup:

@JoelK will be running next Sunday's event, please go and check it out HERE ..I am sure it will be great.

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to all for a great event ..it is you drivers that make it great :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was great fun. I came in cold with zero practice and was unsure of the track and lost it several times. I had a great 30 seconds in race two mid pack with the guys breathing down my neck until I had a complete brain freeze and binned it .
But really enjoyed it so thanks to the lads and in particular Craig.
Will try get some proper practice in for next week.

Wow, what a lot of fun this race. First race I didn't know how to get the car in first gear :notworthy:and also I had first gear far to long for good start as everyone could notice in the second race were I was on pole and ended 7th after turn 1 (like my fellow countryman this afternoon;)).

So in both races a couple of battles. Second race I could match the pace of @Kek700 :) but could not overtake him. @Medilloni behind me was much faster so I didn't gave him a hard time, hoping on a chance when he would battle Ernie. In the last lap that almost happened but not so I ended 4th.

So congrats to the guys on the podium and as always thanks @Craig Dunkley !
Yeah, I couldn't understand why I couldn't get it into gear at the start Han, both starts ruined - I have/can use the clutch pedal but don't have a shifter, have always been able to select 1st on the grid in the past:O_o::speechless: Is that one for the server setup @Craig Dunkley ?? Askin' for a friend:roflmao:

...and thanks too for not fighting too hard so we didn't lose time, but unfortunately 'Mr Ernie Smooth' @Kek700 was damn quick in all the right places and made no mistakes, unlike me:laugh:

First race very "meh" for me with some technical issues as well, but the second one was great fun with great long battle with @Nuno Rodrigues :)

(I wish I could remember which way the brake bias works in AC, a bit more to the rear might've made the difference. Or not ;) )

Thanks for the race!

(I could post recording of the first race if there's interest and no objections. I rarely ask before the race nowadays, because I just assume there will be nothing worth uploading ;) :/)
I would watch it Martin

@Craig Dunkley thanks for putting on tonight's race mate, these cars are simply stunning, ridiculous fun:cool:, super-fair racing from all and congrats to @JoelK , @Spilskinanka , and @Kek700 for podiums -and my apologies Ernie for the tap into the last corner, last race, I was all locked up and my talent ran off with the postman :D:p

Not sure who I got the love tap from at start of 2nd race, but thanks so much for waiting and your apology, really appreciated and makes these races so enjoyable:thumbsup::)

Yeah, I couldn't understand why I couldn't get it into gear at the start Han, both starts ruined - I have/can use the clutch pedal but don't have a shifter, have always been able to select 1st on the grid in the past:O_o::speechless: Is that one for the server setup @Craig Dunkley ?? Askin' for a friend:roflmao:

I personally didn't take part in the race but yeah, I suppose it's all due to "False start" setting being disabled on the server. I say this because in the previous race (Caterham@BrandsHatch) I noticed that even if I was on the grid with clutch depressed and 1st gear "phisically" engaged on the H shifter, in the game I was still in neutral. Once the red lights turned off, first gear immediately engaged in the game also. That caught me by surprise a little bit! (It was my first race here since a looong time).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%