AC Classic DTM @ Bridgehampton - Sun 30 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wow, another new track and new car for me. I'll will try them all and let you know my choice in time. Will you sign me up, please Craig?

Of course you can ..all the cars are fun...the Alfa may have the edge, but the BMW may have the edge on Fun :thumbsup: (for some) ..and in the right hands the Merc is a scorpion :thumbsup:

In with the Alfa. I'll see if I can do enough practice for this, only driven that Alfa a few times and always get caught out by its colossal brake distances! Still it gives me an excuse to get out the H-pattern shifter again!

I do love this track, GT3's here were a blast, a return to the Bridge for those at some point? ;)

For sure ..they are a blast around ...I may have some help on the way which will be good for AC :thumbsup:

Medilloni

Premium
Just had a play on the server, and can't believe how stonkingly good the standard setup is for the Bimmer and Merc... well, better than my cobbled together setups:confused::laugh:

Kek700

Premium
i agree John, i just tried in the end to make it more manageable, can only speak for the Mercedes.
Too much going on in the driving of the car to get a setup.:)

Kek700

Premium
Been busy trying to make the 190 faster, gave up on that, and as i said above making it work
better for me. Found it very enjoyable in the end, so different to the stuck like glue, if your lucky,
modern machinery.
Relaxed and just for enjoyment, looked at the replay, what a sound that car gives, especially the
relative cracks and bangs on over run from the exhaust. I wind the old girl round to a screaming 10,000 rpm, and do not care if that’s efficient or not, just for the sound. The circuit with some of the section giving a reverberating sound only makes it so much better, i am sure other circuits have this but Bridgehampton
is the only one i have heard this before. ( i am somewhat deaf ):rolleyes:
Looking forward to Sunday, just for the pleasure of driving this Mercedes. Not driven the other cars,
so cannot comment on them.:)

Kek700

Premium
Sign me in with a BWM please

anyone has a stable setup for these cars? Once the rear of the car starts going sideways I can't seem to recover from that without a spin.

i have a setup for you, it’s only my attempt to make the car drive well, the car is very easy to drive,
certainly much more so than the Mercedes 190, But the gearbox is hopeless, you are changing
down too early ( very understandable ) locking up the rear wheels, and flipping the car around.

You need to use the cars torque as opposed to revs, and just accept the flat response from the engine. The car is crying out for a close ratio box.
If any of this is incorrect, i have the excuse of only spending 10 minutes with the car.

so sorry for that

You are more than welcome to my rushed setup. The car is really easy to drive.:)

Medilloni

Premium
i have a setup for you, it’s only my attempt to make the car drive well, the car is very easy to drive,
certainly much more so than the Mercedes 190, But the gearbox is hopeless, you are changing
down too early ( very understandable ) locking up the rear wheels, and flipping the car around.

You need to use the cars torque as opposed to revs, and just accept the flat response from the engine. The car is crying out for a close ratio box.
If any of this is incorrect, i have the excuse of only spending 10 minutes with the car.

so sorry for that

You are more than welcome to my rushed setup. The car is really easy to drive.:)
Yes please for sending the Merc setup Ernie, would love to try it:thumbsup:

Still undecided on which to go for - I'm finding the lap time difference between these two is very little (a couple of tenths-ish), I can get better times in the Bimmer though the Merc is a 'safe bet' in that it doesn't seem to be on the edge so much, so the Merc could be a safe option to finish the race... but dammit, I hate safe options:laugh:

Tried 10 laps with the Alfa - faster, but I just don't like driving it, like dating a Nun:whistling: - I guess that's why we call these 'fun events':D ....if it was a league race there'd be no question.

Imo (but I am a whinging git:roflmao:) the Alfa should have a very small BOP, just about everywhere it's quicker, and is easier on it's tyres.

@Kerem Gocen For the BMW, my slight deviation from standard setup is attached here - you might prefer 160 front springs, made more consistent times with it, personal preference:)

Attachments

• Bridgehampton 1 35 5 race.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Kek700

Premium
I’ll post it tomorrow morning, i really totally gave up on making it quicker, so this is my version
of an easy drive for the 190 Mercedes. i'm sure a smarter guy than me can make it quicker.:rolleyes:
As above, i just started to enjoy driving it so much, gave up caring about lap times.:):):)

Kek700

Premium
John, just give it a go, I am a country mile off your pace in this car, this setup, its the best I can do
with the time invested.:(

Mercedes 190...…

Attachments

• mediums race.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 120

Medilloni

Premium
John, just give it a go, I am a country mile off your pace in this car, this setup, its the best I can do
with the time invested.:(
Thanks Ernie, will give a whirl later:thumbsup:

....i just started to enjoy driving it so much, gave up caring about lap times.:):):)
That's all that matters for me too buddy, 2 x 20mins of pure balls-to-the-wall fun - I'll even enjoy my frequent visits to the scenery:laugh:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000