Clarksville, Indiana_Sportsdome Speedway_Figure 8 & Oval

Tracks Clarksville, Indiana_Sportsdome Speedway_Figure 8 & Oval 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am working on the AI for cross track configuration..... the AI is proper on the Oval track.
Bare in mind, no pit..... your car is setup outside the track at the trailer. Either she runs, or she doesn't. Life of low cost racing. Enjoy, lads!!!!

After sensing the needs of all simracers and the reality of damage, I will integrate a Pit in and Pit out feature.
It may be dirt surface and primitive pit areas to assimilate this low level tier of racing.
Along with smoothing track surface, I will add a Pit that will apply to all layouts.

Good news!
Next update to include fully functioning pit stops, gravel surface @ pit box, pit garages to be deeper towards inside of the track. Practice, Hotlap, Race weekend all will have your car start from your designated pit garage.

Hi FormulaET. Didnt realize that you are making this track. I really like both the Oval and Figure 8 layouts. I hope you provide the Grandstand replay view for the Oval track when doing our replays. I really like that on the Figure 8 track I tried.

Hi FormulaET. Didnt realize that you are making this track. I really like both the Oval and Figure 8 layouts. I hope you provide the Grandstand replay view for the Oval track when doing our replays. I really like that on the Figure 8 track I tried.
Haha, that's great news.... if you like it then its worth the effort... Yes,I will get the camera as you suggested.
This track is 4 miles away LOL.... I thought it was redneck ish before I actually went there.... these boys go at it on the figure 8.
I couldn't use the
AI tool, Esotic will let me know if he can nail it down.... track crossing over itself, does not compute, yet..... so there is no sides in the 8, the oval does have a l and R lines, so...….
I was going to add a pit... there is just an in/out at the wall... very low budget racing.
Have u seen the realistic exit I finally made for Milwaukee??? I have that, and suggestions for the actual scca layout for the road course.
I have got my work cut out for me here, but should be able to make some movement..
Thanks, and thanks to everyone who are enjoying the track mods.... its been a huge learning curve for sure.
Eric

I just tried your North figure 8 track and is coming along pretty good. Couple things which you probably already know. There is a big bump coming out of the pit area to the track. Also in WEEKEND mode with 15 AI cars, seems only 5-6 cars come out of the pits. The rest of them start up, but stay in their stalls. Not sure how bumpy you want the figure 8 track overall. It is fairly bumpy all the way around track. Just small moderate bumps, nothing drastic other than coming out of the pits. take care.

I just tried your North figure 8 track and is coming along pretty good. Couple things which you probably already know. There is a big bump coming out of the pit area to the track. Also in WEEKEND mode with 15 AI cars, seems only 5-6 cars come out of the pits. The rest of them start up, but stay in their stalls. Not sure how bumpy you want the figure 8 track overall. It is fairly bumpy all the way around track. Just small moderate bumps, nothing drastic other than coming out of the pits. take care.
Ok, I am aware of the nastiness at pit exit, I've been struggling to get AI to start proper, I noticed if the chosen car accelerates quick off the line it works better.
It was a pain to get L and R lines to work using AI helper app. But something is still awry. Being the track crosses over itself has something to do with it. I actually had to lap pit lane.ai round the circuit twice to get that to work.
I may try other start/ stop times when recording both AI lines.
It worked when I 'got' it after many attempts.
I willcheck tonight, but try looking at ui folder notes for title and what is says for amount of cars.
Regardless, a figure 8 config takes more in depth adjustment to allow all lines to be produced for a usable version.
However...online with "real" competitors is your best bet, which is my target....pliable for multiplayer; for any of my tracks. I do see the high demand for AI amongst sim racers.
The track is this bumpy, I've been on it. The pit road is my custom; there is no pit at the real location.
If I get more request for refunds due to the bumpiness, I will try to smooth it... but I like to keep it real in this case.

you are welcome. Have you done a full pit version for the Oval and the other figure 8 layout? I still have the original versions for these. No hurry for them. I assume the North layout is your first test for the new items. Good luck with these figure 8 tracks. You will then be similar with the Wreckfest.game.

Yes allot of us dont have time to do much online with real drivers. At least I dont right now.

mmmm yes I released the oval and south layout, not sure if they are available to download. I think RD has it so you can download anything from version history.
Yes, they both have working pits.

Next version, will have all 3 with fixes to track surface and such. I didn't apply a tarmac to them so I could airbrush tire marks over the surface. I will look into applying smoother terrain. Limited knowledge, as I am not using the more complex 3D software programs.
Thats my main shortcoming, although I personally like what I've done with little experience.
Being a sim racer, I know how a track should respond, but the in depth stuff some of these talented artists portray in their builds is nothing short of exceptional, I am a rookie

Quick tip, and how I did it.
Load the .FBX in kseditor, then load the AI line and laboriously adjust the left\right sides.
Use resmaple(large distance) to reduce the points needed to be edited then resample(samll distance) again to smooth the curves. Also with the main AI line keep it at least half a cars width from any obstacles as the AI drives along the centre of that line.
Many thanks! I will try this solution. This is the kind of feedback that helps...… a bunch.
ET

Quick tip, and how I did it.
Load the .FBX in kseditor, then load the AI line and laboriously adjust the left\right sides.
Use resmaple(large distance) to reduce the points needed to be edited then resample(samll distance) again to smooth the curves. Also with the main AI line keep it at least half a cars width from any obstacles as the AI drives along the centre of that line.
After fiddling with numbers and hitting resample several times, I got everything smoothed out, thanks for the tip. But...……… The L R lines for example, are way tighter than I thought I made them. So is there a way to move them in KS Editor, or just remake them staying further away from the track edge?
Either way, this was a huge tip that I am grateful for!!

The number of times you will need to start from scratch because of an unnoticed mistake which can't be undone is going to drive you crazy.
I use a Trike to lay down L\R lines so even if I touch the walls the line is still half a cars width away.
I really should build a little vehicle just for laying out the lines, tight turning circle,trike,lots of grip but can't go to fast.
I hear ya!! I did try what you suggested. Wether I made the L R lines or not, they appeared in KS Ed. I straightened them out and that part is over.
Now one thing that 'is' got me baffled is my pit line works, but the AI don't drive into the pit, they just flash back to their pitbox.
Not a clue why it does this, I've tried several pit line recordings that any sequence that seems to work, the AI only exit the pit do a lap or two, then flash back to their box.... they don't enter the pit lane like on a normal track.
The track crossing over itself may be giving it woes... any thoughts on this?
Thanx, ET

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years