Circuit Superstars - possibly the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

For anybody interested this just got a big update with the addition of, just in time for Le Mans, a prototype car, more replay camera angles, revamped "physics", and a big interface overhaul.

This game is seriously addictive, with a lot of hidden depths such as fuel saving by lifting and coasting, going easy on the tyres, judging your pitstops - especially with how much fuel you take on. Tyre wear really works well - you really notice the difference with a new set of boots. Also the AI racing is very close, with a well timed pitstop often making the difference of first or second place.

I'm really surprised that this game hasn't got anywhere near the popularity that Art of Rally has.

Anyway here's a little example of the new replay cameras - previously it was top down only. By the way any glitches you see only occur in replay and not in game.

I want to really like this, but the lack of basic functionality makes it really frustrating. The apparent refusal to add a simple restart race option seems particularly arrogant. Not being able to quit and resume a championship between races is a serious omission. Despite being on the discord I've not seen any suggestion of when - or even if - such things may be added.

The new Grand Prix mode is poorly implemented in my opinion. Three classes of races and five difficulty levels, but the difficulty only affects the AI level and the races are identical in all other respects. Would have made much more sense for the 'amateur' level of each series to be short with no qualifying or pitstops, then getting longer/more involved as the level increases. As it is there's no way to do a 'serious' series with the Piccino or a quick arcadey one with the 80s GP cars.

The strategy in longer races is let down by a complete lack of any timing on the leaderboard. Only displaying a very limited selection of opponents on the leaderboard is also very unhelpful, particularly in the context of a championship.

This I agree with. I never like racing games with this camera-view. I just never find it fun.

Except for this game! It's a blast! :)
Maybe because it still holds the simulator factors in, as a apart of the game. You can even do lift and coast.

It is a very nice combination there and I think popularity will grow up fast, when the game gets out of the early acces stage.

No longer early access, and literally none of the issues I mentioned above have been addressed.

Still no restart race option, or any way to do a championship other than in one sitting. Both of those are pretty reprehensible omissions.

No longer early access, and literally none of the issues I mentioned above have been addressed.

Still no restart race option, or any way to do a championship other than in one sitting. Both of those are pretty reprehensible omissions.

No restart I can live with. Approach it like an online race. But not being able to break up a season is really dumb. I probably shouldn't buy it until this is in here, if I get a straight hour to race, I ain't racing this.

BTW, if there are any Android racers out there, try Reckless Racing 2 and 3 by Pixelbite. Really great gameplay that is much like this. And if you're a PC gamer and want these thrills, search GeneRally. Custom championships that I think can be broken up. Tons of downloadable cars and tracks. Same pit mechanics and simcade handling. Plus point to point rallying.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%