Circuit Paul Ricard Track Guide With Kamil Franczak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Winner of the opening round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series, Kamil Franczak takes us for a guided tour of Circuit Paul Ricard in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Taking top honours at the opening round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series for the Thrustmaster team at the Monza circuit back in April, Kamil Franczak certainly knows a thing or two about how to throw a GT3 car around a track in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With the hype starting to build once again ahead of the second round of the series this May 31st - June 1st at Paul Ricard, Franczak takes us on a circuit guide around the historic French track, explaining how to extract the maximum performance from this difficult and technical venue.

SRO E-Sport GT Series: PRO drivers confirmed. Full list HERE.

SRO E-Sport GT Series: Watch all the action from Paul Ricard live HERE.

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Got a question? Check out this useful FAQ article.

Let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on social media for more official updates on SRO E-Sport GT Series.

Last edited:
Nice to know I'm on par with Kamil! Interesting how his lines in the first sector are slightly different to my own, particularly through T3-T6. His approach to T4 definitely sets up T5 better. Not so sure about going out so wide on the exit of T6 although he runs out a lot wider at T7 than I do.

Great to see this!
I just resumed simracing after a several-month gap, and one of the issues I've had with some of the ACC tracks (including this one) is that it's really hard to know where the limits are, because they extend so far beyond the white lines. At least there are some marker boards in useful places at PR, once you know to look for them...

Lap invalidated at *least* at 1:14 and 1:42
Oh! Damn, I was assuming that it would have said "lap invalidated", and also that the fact that he missed the little marker boards (or so it seemed to me ;)) meant that it was legal. Back to square one I guess! :cry:

And yeah, limits are a bit of a divisive thing. I don't really mind where the limits are, just as long as they are clear and then everybody can use the same limits and the playing field stays level. The trivially easy way to achieve that is to just stick with the no-brainer "2 wheels inside the white lines" policy but somehow that doesn't seem to be fashionable in most forms of racing, sim or real. ACC clearly doesn't enforce it on some corners, but it does at others. Life's too short to keep exploring corners to figure out where the absolute limits lie, especially given the problem that as soon as you invalidate a lap, you get no further info on the limits for the rest of that lap...

Lap invalidated at *least* at 1:14 and 1:42, and possibly at other points as well (would need external view to judge).

I really hate how going over the track limits is considered normal stuff in the (sim)racing community, even in communities where following such guide would be in direct violation of the rules the members are supposed to follow.
I'm not sure but I think according to the rules of Blancpain as long as the car stays on the inner side of those things that are close to the exit of the corner is not considered a cut, thats why he doesnt get the lap invalidated.

Lap invalidated at *least* at 1:14 and 1:42, and possibly at other points as well (would need external view to judge).

I really hate how going over the track limits is considered normal stuff in the (sim)racing community, even in communities where following such guide would be in direct violation of the rules the members are supposed to follow.

Yep, as Jose already mentioned, his lap didn't get invalidated at neither of those points since he didn't go over the markers which are exactly there for that reason.
I remember you were complaining about a similar thing when Misano got released even though it's clear even in real life drivers try to maximize track limits as much as possible.
This particular case is not about simracers being cheaters, it's about you not understanding track limits

It has always been permitted for drivers to extend at the start and finish of the Mistral straight, as long as they don't touch those flaps. I agree with @Neilski : As long as the limits are clearly defined, I don't care where they are.

BTW really good guide since I'm trying to improve at Misano and Paul Ricard. They're my least favourite tracks and I'm crap at them.

Last edited:
This track took me ages to leaen to even be semi competent, im still 2 seconds of this pace i just cant seem to master the track I do find it really fun for racing.

Recently I wrote that usually track guides from pro racers/simracers are useless lol

But this one seems to be quite good, I can see myself using this for sure when I'll struggle for seconds at this beautiful parking lot, with lack of life in the textures :D

Maybe the guy is incapable to hear the frequency that aliens are speaking in. For example I can hear hm perfectly well, and understand perfectly well what he says.

Does that make us aliens, if we hear him well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%