WIP Circuit of the Americas, Austin TX

Circuit of the Americas, Austin TX, v1.0 avaliable for testing

I have started working on a new, more accurate version of the new Austin track that (should) host the US GP next year. I have made the track based from the masterplan and the gradients should be accurate from the profile off Tilke's site. This version is much more accurate than the other BTB track that is doing the rounds.
screenshot008vs.th.jpg

I would like someone to put these screens on VirtualR, I think a lot of people will like this track and maybe it could make its way to F1 Simulators.

Nice. The V8Supercars have just announced they will race there from 2013, so I would say their would be a shortedned layout too wouldn't there?

If so, could you slip that in too??

Circuit of the Americas, v1.0 avaliable (SINGLE CAR TESTS ONLY)

v1.0 is available for testing!

Currently the AI does not work and the pit lane doesn't work very well but the track layout is drivable and most of the walls/kerbs are now in place. Only single car testing is supported so don't try and race it.

just copy folder into GameData\Locations

[URL]http://www.mediafire.com/?wmsu9nxc216wlsv[/URL]

please tell me what you think about the track layout, don't worry about the pit lane, I am working on that

A good start, imho! Looks ok so far, fps ditto, could lead to something pretty nice. That first corner past the pits could be a real kicker... If the elevation changes are more or less similar to the real thing, could be a fairly interesting track.

Just tried this track. I "hope" its not very accurate, lol. All 2nd gear corners and blindspots into and out of corners that no F1 driver will ever see. I guess just another "Tilke" track, different, but the same, silly and almost unraceable.

Screw Austin with its slow version of Istanbul Turn 8 and its crappy imitation of Becketts/Maggotts/Chapel at Silverstone, with thousands of square miles of runoff at each corner without a grain of gravel in sight. F1 should go back to Indy IMO, even though it was as flat as a pancake, that Turn 13 was just awesome. :)

I'm saddened by this. I wish tilke would stop making tracks. imo, the only decent tracks with his name on them are existing city circuits.

And what's with the number of hairpins on this damn Austin track.

Wow, you guys are certainly being constructive. Keep it up.

Yea forgot to mention to whoever is working on the track, everything is looking great. I don't know for sure if the scale is dead on. That long straight is LONG but all the corners seem cramped. the elevation change on the first straight is a little odd. if it's like that in real life that will lead to a lot of people sliding off the first corner I think...

The fact that I'm disappointed in the actual track layout has nothing to do with who ever is modeling the track. I'm just American and I was excited about F1 returning here next year, until I saw the track :frown:. Keep up the good track making though, don't let my gripes with Tilke throw you off your game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 124 8.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 414 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 585 38.7%