Circuit Hawaii Concept

Tracks Circuit Hawaii Concept 0.54

Login or Register an account to download this content
ArchangelX submitted a new resource:

Circuit Hawaii Concept - The Future Home of MotorSports in Hawaii - Fantasy Track

*WARNING: HEAVILY UNOPTIMIZED & LARGE FILE SIZE*

ch_logo_RD.jpg

------------------------------------------

Circuit Hawaii is a private multi-venue motorsports facility being developed on the island of Oahu, Hawaii for the local, national, and international community. This facility will offer opportunities for racing, club membership, tourism, entertainment, education, training, and youth mentoring that will provide economic stimulus for...

Read more about this resource...

As in my rating:
track name needs to be adjusted as circuit_hawaii_concept to make it appear.

As fot the optimising: I'm on i7 4790 - GTX 1080ti and triple screens and my average fps was 100 fps, so not that bad. Reading your info, I was afraid it was going to be much worse... ;)

ArchangelX updated Circuit Hawaii Concept with a new update entry:

Fixed Track Name Issue

Quick update to fix the track naming issue regarding circuit_hawaii to circuit_hawaii_concept.

In addition, there is a problem with the pit in where the AI bumps against the barricade just as they enter. I made a slight alteration to the barricade but didn't update the pit-in line. This will be fixed in an update shortly.

Thank you for all the kind responses.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The track still does not show in AC. Is this a CM only track?
Sorry! There was an error in the track name in the tracks folder. It needs to be renamed to circuit_hawaii_concept

You can either do it yourself or download the latest update which corrects the issue. Sorry again!

CM is recommended, but I believe it should still run without it.

As in my rating:
track name needs to be adjusted as circuit_hawaii_concept to make it appear.

As fot the optimising: I'm on i7 4790 - GTX 1080ti and triple screens and my average fps was 100 fps, so not that bad. Reading your info, I was afraid it was going to be much worse... ;)
Great! I'm glad to hear that! Thank you for testing!

Sorry! There was an error in the track name in the tracks folder. It needs to be renamed to circuit_hawaii_concept

You can either do it yourself or download the latest update which corrects the issue. Sorry again!

CM is recommended, but I believe it should still run without it.
Yes I have the update still does not make the sim. Thats why I'm wondering if Its a CM track

The only little thing I notice so far with your track is the Pit servicing feature is not active for doing online. It is either a Surfaces file thing or your Pit surface area is not classified as PIT or PITS.

FIXED. Please see update below.

If anyone is having difficulty with playing with the track in base AC (without CM), please let me know. Got a report that someone is having an error and I'm trying to track it down. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you dislike the amount of time it takes to load... to speed this up, you can edit the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\circuit_hawaii_concept.ini and mark out/delete all of the [Material_DistantEmissive} lines at the bottom of the file. This is a feature that Ilja has been working on but enabling it causes the track to take a lot longer to load. It just keeps the emissives from blinking at night.

Or use the file I attached and drop it in.

Attachments

• circuit_hawaii_concept.ini
    4.8 KB · Views: 177
As a fix for those of you without Content Manager, please use this JSON file. Drop it into your X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\circuit_hawaii_concept\ui folder and over-write.

Alternatively, you can edit the ui_track.json file and delete the entire "author" line. Apparently, it conflicts with base AC.

I'll update the track zip with this change as well.

Attachments

• ui_track.json
    403 bytes · Views: 208
The only little thing I notice so far with your track is the Pit servicing feature is not active for doing online. It is either a Surfaces file thing or your Pit surface area is not classified as PIT or PITS.

I have fixed this...I actually didn't have a surfaces.ini file. Doh!

I will have this and the other changes uploaded shortly.

I'm looking forward to further developments but I've been trying to work out why the majority of the track is hemmed in by white walls, like a city track. For me, these spoil the line of sight across the track and especially around corners, giving it quite a closed-in and almost claustrophobic feel with few run-off areas. City tracks have this by necessity but park circuits are normally more open to benefit drivers AND spectators. Are the walls there to help with the frame rate perhaps? I really feel the track would look (and drive) a lot better without them as they seem a little out of place. Hawaii is a beautiful island but with the walled-in nature of this track and its limited sight lines, that identity is somewhat lost and this track could be just about anywhere.

I'm looking forward to further developments but I've been trying to work out why the majority of the track is hemmed in by white walls, like a city track. For me, these spoil the line of sight across the track and especially around corners, giving it quite a closed-in and almost claustrophobic feel with few run-off areas. City tracks have this by necessity but park circuits are normally more open to benefit drivers AND spectators. Are the walls there to help with the frame rate perhaps? I really feel the track would look (and drive) a lot better without them as they seem a little out of place. Hawaii is a beautiful island but with the walled-in nature of this track and its limited sight lines, that identity is somewhat lost and this track could be just about anywhere.

Hmm, I'd have to say it's because I was trying to make sure there'd be no contact from people going off course....this track was created to use to justify the idea of having a course here, so it's more about being safe than thinking about eye lines. It's a very small and tight course, too.

I'll see about removing some of the barricades in the unnecessary spots since it's just a concept track. Thanks for the suggestion.

To be honest, I'm not too good at landscaping and visuals, but the real facility will have natural Hawaiian flora that's native to the island. :)

Oh, as a hint...the red and white barrier area down the middle of the drag strip has collision turned off, for quick turnaround after doing the twisty bits of the course. The current track is only setup for road racing. And that jump on the turnaround after the end of the drag strip is real fun. Reminds me of Ebisu, and you can get some air during your drift.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%