Resource icon

Tracks "Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", Montréal, Québec, Canada 0.37

Login or Register an account to download this content
Pretty track, but needs road contour work. No gentle undulations, no sharp bumps, other than the low-res elevation changes. This track would be perfect if it simulated track surface.

linolafett updated "Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", Montréal, Québec, Canada with a new update entry:

"Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", Montréal, Québec, Canada

Whats new?

-changed asphalt friction to 0.99 (default was 1.0 ->the track is noticeable slower now)
-added offtrack sections (asphalt next to the racetrack is now tagged as such)
-added working pitlane (old version had wrong surface assigned)
-added mowed grass
-added spectator tents and new building after the hairpin
-added trackmap
-added orange bumper kerbs (no idea how they are called)
-added TV camera set by "TTM" (thanks :) )
-added water around the track and some trees on a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

as reported in the review, here's the bug
2015_06_04_00001.jpg

Hi , Thank you but I can't use it. I run into a weird bug, the cars deployed on the circuit do not have the wheels. It happens to Kunos cars as well. Any clue about how it happens?

Nice progress, there are few thing you need to consider:
- remove all official f1 sponsors (lt doesn`t look fine) - put some default ones or remove them
- most of the trees are too bright (do NOT forget to set normals perpendicular to the ground - straight up for trees).
- set kerbs a bit more shaky (set in surfaces like: VIBRATION_GAIN=0.6 VIBRATION_LENGTH=1.1 )
- surface of tarmac is (maybe) too flat, need some unevenness, specially in turns where is more dark tarmac

Else, super work! Keep it up.
Mitja

Thanks for the input mitija.

Trees will be made darker, other than that they should be set up correctly normal wise.

I asked for opinions about the sponsors in the official AC forums. Most of the people wanted to have the official sponsors and the track in a "race weekend" state. So i did just that and probably wont change this, sorry the majority had spoken.

Unevenness for the surface will be added, when i figure out how to create a physicy mesh (invisible but more detailed).
Currently i use the standart kerb from AC, i may ask in the forums for more opinions about the kerb setting, thanks for the suggestion.

Hello. Thanks for your work on this track. Just wanted to give some feedback. In it's current state the track is unplayable. The car falls from the sky and lands on the track facing the barrier. When I go to start the race the tires don't spin - they just squeal and the car slides around. I tried restarting multiple times but no change. I am racing in hotlap mode in Lotus Exos 125 S1.

Hello. Thanks for your work on this track. Just wanted to give some feedback. In it's current state the track is unplayable. The car falls from the sky and lands on the track facing the barrier. When I go to start the race the tires don't spin - they just squeal and the car slides around. I tried restarting multiple times but no change. I am racing in hotlap mode in Lotus Exos 125 S1.
Thanks for the report. Someone said in the AC forums that the hotlap startpoint is wrongly set up. Try to retun to the pit and start your hotlap from there, this should work. I try to take care of the issue in the next update.

EDIT: Found the issue and fixed it. Will be included in the next update.

linolafett updated "Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", Montréal, Québec, Canada with a new update entry:

"Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", Montréal, Québec, Canada

Thanks for the good feedback via the forums!

Changelog:
-smoothed out elevation in turn 4-5
-reduced brightness of trees massively
-fixed missing collsion with the barrier in the hairpin
-fixed erratic collision with the barrier on the start straight
-fixed hotlap start position, hotlapmode should now work
-added new fastlaneAI (by "TwoHardCore", AI should be more accurate now)
-added pitlaneAI (by "stepy", AI should be able to use pitlane properly now)
-added new grandstand models (look...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Beautiful work! Absolutely captures the look of the venue and the feel of the track. I agree, tho: if you can't do proper spectators (poly count), I'd rather have none.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 506 39.0%