Circuit du Laquais

Tracks Circuit du Laquais 0.85

Login or Register an account to download this content
fastfab submitted a new resource:

Circuit du Laquais - Circuit du Laquais, France, 2 layouts

View attachment 490249
Countless hours have been poured into this track, please rate and tip if you like it... Even smallest amount can show appreciation for our effort :thumbsup:
paypal.me/fastfab

----------------------------------------

Circuit du Laquais is a 3100m, 10-12m wide racetrack located in the French Alpes in Champier near the city of Lyon.
The track is mostly used for School Driving, track days and event...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, you're back in business !
Thanks for the mod, nice details all around and track looks great.
I noticed a smaller track out of bounds was covered in very tall grass (nice detail btw), I think a very basic texturing of it would add a bit to the track surroundings and the "driving school" ambiance, but to be fair, I noticed only because I was testing the track with a formula truck, a lower car might not even see it.
Solid work :thumbsup:

Hey, you're back in business !
Thanks for the mod, nice details all around and track looks great.
I noticed a smaller track out of bounds was covered in very tall grass (nice detail btw), I think a very basic texturing of it would add a bit to the track surroundings and the "driving school" ambiance, but to be fair, I noticed only because I was testing the track with a formula truck, a lower car might not even see it.
Solid work :thumbsup:
Thank you.
yeah that part is actually a karting race track. The grass is generated by grass fx. For now i decided to let it as it is to release the track, i spent the last day adding stuff I thoughts i would add later like Night lighting and Rain FX so it's already in here. I will separate that part in 0.8 version to remove grass fx from it. :thumbsup:
Maybe once the track is 1.0, I will think about actually doing the karting track as a playable layout...

Thank you. This is a nicely done track :)
My feedback: the kerbs are noticeably not up to the standard of the rest of the track (and the kerbing is something we see a lot of, and close up).
And just 12 pits? I guess you're planning on more?
Merci pour tout ce beau travail

Because of how the timing checkpoints are placed, the first section of the track can be completely skipped turning to the right over the cones in t1. Just move the timing gate a bit and it should be solved. The cones do make it more difficult but those are knocked over on lap 1. It's also not invalid lap on that part i think

For me the barrier ahead of the start finish straight pops in quite late
barrier.gif

Last edited:
First update is currently uploading (slowly :ninja: )
At first I just wanted to quickly address minor easy fix but went on to also add a 24 pits layout (the pit AI lane might be funky on it tho... so you are warned).
So here we are
- Change folder's and Track name to prevent conflict with other mod of the same track (so delete the previous version!!!)
- Added 24 pits layout (AI might act weird in the pit du to the specific configuration to fit 24 pits)
- Remove karting zone from grass FX
- Moved time split 1
- Set short track to OUT
- Fixed road and pit configuration (now pit act as pit)
- Fixed pit and start dummies orientation
- Fixed alpha coverage on some distant textures
- Fixed some LOD distance
- Fixed z fight on some distant trees

fastfab updated Circuit du Laquais with a new update entry:

0.8 release

At first I just wanted to quickly address minor easy fix but went on to also add a 24 pits layout (the pit AI lane might be funky on it tho... so you are warned).
So here we are
- Change folder's and Track name to prevent conflict with other mod of the same track (so delete the previous version!!!)
- Added 24 pits layout (AI might act weird in the pit du to the specific configuration to fit 24 pits)
- Remove karting zone from grass FX
- Moved time split 1
- Set short track to OUT

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job you have done so far. But I still have a few small comments that you could possibly implement in a future update (if you have not yet planned it).

1. in the GrassFX - under OCCLUDING_MATERIALS add "paint_line".

2. does the curb (picture 1) correspond to reality? It looks strange.

3. the curb seems to be completely missing at the position on picture 2.

Even though I really like your track, I think that some of the GrassFx don't look quite as nice. Which is probably due to the texture underneath. But there you could still improve (e.g. picture 2 on the left).

Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_fastfab_laquais_25-6-121-6-50-14.jpg

Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_fastfab_laquais_25-6-121-6-50-48.jpg

Last edited:
For pic one, yes it's not supposed to do that here, it's a vertex that moved without consent ^^.
But since I plan to rework all the kerb look for future update...
For pic two, this whole area is reserved for a next update that will include the short layout. So far it is not done as people are not supposed to drive there yet. But this area willl be properly done in the future.
Don't hold your breath too much for the next update as I'm leaving for summer for 3 weeks... So not before end of next month. :)

fastfab updated Circuit du Laquais with a new update entry:

0.85 is out. Some minor changes.

Here is the change log
- Improved curbs textures
- Fixed some curbs geometry that would penetrate the ground or send cars flying
- Changed skid marks textures over curbs
- Added arrow sign at the end of te pits
- Added Electricity lines (still some are missing)
- Changed replay cam FOV
- Tried to make the big hedge more "3D"
- Various other tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for this great achievement. One regret the number of places (12) - would it be possible to increase this number to 16 at least? Thank you in advance and again well done.

Great track with - for me - a little LOD issue. Driving down Descente Gabriel I get to see the team tents and vans popping up, which is a bit disturbing. I didn't report before and I hoped the new version took care of that...
I'm not excluding that it could be one of my settings in CM, but since no other track shows this behavior... :unsure:

Thank you, this is a fun, interesting circuit, however, when I try to run a race weekend (Laquais 24) the AI cars will not leave the pits. They start but then run head on into the pit wall.

Pit-Lane.jpg

As I was running now, I noticed that there was a hole in one of the curbs.
It was on the curb before entering a loose corner in the second half section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ucm_2016_ef_fastfab_laquais_8-7-121-7-31-21.jpg
    Screenshot_ucm_2016_ef_fastfab_laquais_8-7-121-7-31-21.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 64
  • ● Original Text_ • Untitled-1 - Visual Studio Code 2021_08_08 7_41_46.png
    ● Original Text_ • Untitled-1 - Visual Studio Code 2021_08_08 7_41_46.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 65
Great track with - for me - a little LOD issue. Driving down Descente Gabriel I get to see the team tents and vans popping up, which is a bit disturbing. I didn't report before and I hoped the new version took care of that...
I'm not excluding that it could be one of my settings in CM, but since no other track shows this behavior... :unsure:
I will make the LOD further no problem
Otherwise The setting of CSP that can cange that is in "Graphic Adjustments" : "Multiplier for track LODS. You can push it to more than 100% if you have a good rig it will push all lods further.

Thank you, this is a fun, interesting circuit, however, when I try to run a race weekend (Laquais 24) the AI cars will not leave the pits. They start but then run head on into the pit wall.
Yeah the IA is not great on the 24 pits configuration due to the weird configuration to fit 24 pits. It's mostly added the 24 pit layout as a request for multiplayer.
I will try to solve this in a different way in the futur.
As I was running now, I noticed that there was a hole in one of the curbs.
It was on the curb before entering a loose corner in the second half section.
good catch, it's a oversight by me. The skidmark should not be a separated object and set to transparent. I will fix it in next update.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%