Circuit de Spa Francorchamps released for R3E

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Spa 1.jpg

Swedish developers Sector 3 Studios have released the Circuit de Spa Francorchamps for their premier ‘Free to Play’ simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Continuing a tradition of producing high quality content, the former Simbin Studios development team have once again come up with the goods with this premium quality representation of the classic racing venue situated within the Belgian Ardennes countryside. Although not benefiting from Laser scanning technology like its counterparts in Kunos Simulations Assetto Corsa or the recently released Project CARS title, Sector 3 Studios have produced a version of this fan favourite track to rival any out on the digital race tracks currently.

As can be seen from the screenshots contained within this article, a high level of attention to detail has been paid to the surrounding trackside objects, providing an immersive experience for gamers to enjoy, either battling against the in game AI, or on one of the many online lobby’s sure to pop up over the coming days.

RaceDepartment’s very own R3E Racing Club will be holding events at the track all next week, so keep an eye out in the forums!
Spa 2.jpg

The Track will come in 3 layouts, based on different position of Start/Finish and Pit entry/exit, allowing for larger grids proposed for implementation in future patches.

The 3 layouts are:
Grand Prix:
Start / Finish between Bus Stop & La Source
Pit entry: Bus Stop
Pit exit: La Source

Classic:
Start / Finish between La Source and Eau Rouge
Pit entry: after La Source
Pit exit: Top of Raidillon
Combined:
Start / Finish between La Source and Eau Rouge
Pit entry: Bus Stop
Pit exit: Top of Raidillon

Spa 3.jpg

Initial impressions of the track are very positive, with smooth gameplay and convincing AI behaviour, this is sure to become a classic amongst fans of this particular piece of Belgium tarmac. Coupled with some upcoming content updates and a much anticipated physics update to the GTR3 machines, RaceRoom Racing Experience looks like a simulator worth keeping an eye on in the coming months….
Circuit de Spa Francochamps is currently available to buy in the RaceRoom store for 549vRP

I should probably be able to make the Sunday race, but I'm likely going to a local beer festival on Saturday so I'll probably miss that one unfortunately. During the week I'm at work when you race so I can't make any of those.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%