Circuit 24H Lemans

Tracks Circuit 24H Lemans 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Think i got to the bottom of the white lines issue. I changed the ksambient value of the lines material in the Assetto Corsa SDK from 4 to 3 and it seemed to display the white lines correctly in game at night for me.
Lines.jpg

Last edited:
I am getting strange dithering of the trees, which does not happen on other tracks.
Does someone has the same issue. Tried all kind of settings and new drivers...

Hey I may have alleviated this a little with the latest update - its a issue with how some rfactor alpha transparencies are set in the textures....they just look weird in ac...so all need tweaking

Think i got to the bottom of the white lines issue. I changed the ksambient value of the lines material in the Assetto Corsa SDK from 4 to 3 and it seemed to display the white lines correctly in game at night.
View attachment 256337

cool ....somebody willing to go look them selves....ill look at this...seems weird that it would make such a difference 0.4 to 0.3...but i will go look and see if it makes a big deference....

ok just looked at it in kseditor...i'm not getting any differences really....sorry this may just be a thing we watch until the lighting mod comes on some more...i also get strange things going on with track edges that i wanna figure out

cool ....somebody willing to go look them selves....ill look at this...seems weird that it would make such a difference 0.4 to 0.3...but i will go look and see if it makes a big deference....

ok just looked at it in kseditor...i'm not getting any differences really....sorry this may just be a thing we watch until the lighting mod comes on some more...i also get strange things going on with track edges that i wanna figure out

I just copied the Default Value from Kunos tracks and it seemed to look better. Im sure other people may have different results depending on there settings and system n stuff.

Just wanted to stick this here

this is the look i'm getting with the black night Weather (sorry edit i keep messing that up)

i use the GBW ppfilter....

I don't leave the time at 12 like i'm prompted to..i find mid afternoon to evening gives me a slightly brighter level overall

links in the video description to the various mods i'm using here

Last edited:
I just copied the Default Value from Kunos tracks and it seemed to look better. Im sure other people may have different results depending on there settings and system n stuff.

glad you fixed it for yourself for now....this is how i got into modding

ill keep my eye on best practices going forward

Jim

Just wanted to stick this here

this is the look i'm getting with the black night filter

I don't leave the time at 12 like i'm prompted to..i find mid afternoon to evening gives me a slightly brighter level overall

links in the video description to the various mods i'm using here
yeah that looks fine it must just be me?.

There is a hole in the track at Indianapolis, just before the actual hard left turn. It's on the red stripe on the right next to the track. I recognized it, because AI cars were literally flying through the air there when they needed the space.

When you drive slowly over the red stripe, you can see your tyre sinking into the track. Not sure if it's on every layout. I found it on the night version with chicanes.

There is a hole in the track at Indianapolis, just before the actual hard left turn. It's on the red stripe on the right next to the track. I recognized it, because AI cars were literally flying through the air there when they needed the space.

When you drive slowly over the red stripe, you can see your tyre sinking into the track. Not sure if it's on every layout. I found it on the night version with chicanes.

Ok thanks ill take look

RE: hole in the track at Indianapolis

There is another hole, same side (right side) just before you get to the right-hand-bend leading to Indianapolis. There might actually be more than one hole here.

V2.02 LeMans 2017 - Day

The pit entrance doesn't trigger for me -- speed limiter doesn't trigger, and when I park in my pit box the lollypop guy doesn't recognize I'm there and no service is performed on the car. It doesn't recognize I'm speeding the pit lane either.

I realized never noticed that there was "hole" (ditch?) there. I always thought it was some huge bump on the road when ever I braked over the hole and spun out.

never noticed that there was "hole" (ditch?) t
We mean there are some polygons in the track/terrain mesh that are not properly defined as a driveable surface -- therefore the car "passes through" the world surface (or as much of the car as can fit through the "hole") and falls through the map to the undefined void below. The physics engine can behave bizarrely when this happens to a car.

Thanks for the effort to revive this track, much appreciated. It might be helpful to point a or a few suggested mods to make full use of the night version on the description, so newcomers don't wonder what's wrong when they launch it.

A small nag: on the UI it should read "Chicanes" instead of "Chicane's".

What a great work u did!

Probably so much time :thumbsup:

3 updates in 1 week end! Wow :rolleyes:
Just let you know that I race since 7 years in simulation and never learned that track...
Since u post your new version I falled in love whit it.

Thanks for making us discover this beautiful track u did for our favorite simulator :thumbsup:

@jim lloyd and @Tiago Lima thanks guys - this update truly transforms the old v1.2 mod into something else!

It just looks so much better now and in some places fixes even some issues the old track had. It is a great update over the old track.

During the RD event I had only two issues I would think need urgent attention if the track is to be used in online racing again:

1) [MAJOR] hole / rough surface of run off area at Tetre Rouge (there is a small triangular gravel trap on the left hand side of Tetre Rouge - the asphalt run off between the gravel trap and the track has holes and I managed to get stuck there after having missed my braking point and my race was over :-(

In the same run of area are tire groove mark textures that seem to float above the road.

2) [MAJOR] performance issues / stuttering (racing on the no chicane version)
Two times during the race (with only 12 attendees) I had sever stuttering / slow downs for a few seconds - once I experienced the stuttering entering the fast right hand turn leading towards Indianapolis and the stuttering lasted until leaving Arnage.

The second time I recall the stuttering was when I entered the Porsche curves and it only stopped a little before Karting.

I could not manage to pinpoint exactly what happened during the stuttering but I have to mention that with Assetto Corsa on this computer I experienced no performance issues usually and this was new to me in this form (1080Ti + i7 7800k + 32GB RAM + 1080 triple screens @60Hz).

I did not experience any stuttering / performance issues during the start (which is often times a first indicator if there is performance issues as all cars in the field are in a tight space together).
I also did not experience any stuttering or performance issues when we spend another hour of just hot lapping and poking fun with different cars around the layout with chicanes.

3) [VERY MINOR] I found one minor issue (only apparent to me as I specifically looked for this as the old v1.2 was really bad at this)

When leaving Tetre Rouge to enter the long Mulsanne straight the old track had really awful objects popping at the horizon with the trees and track slowly popping into view as you would run down the straight.
This new v2.02 REALLY LOOKS AWESOME !!! There was no apparent object popping on the first few laps I looked for it - only a minor thing I saw (again, LOOKING for this issue - I am sure when just racing people may not even see it).

Trees on the left hand side of the straight will not pop into view but it looks as if LODs change and the shape of some of the trees change as you run down the straight.
I became aware of that as we were running the no chicane version with the Group C cars running down at 350+ km/h and it just became visible this way.
Maybe this could be improved and it would be perfect ;-)

I am definitely going to test this track more - it looks so nice now ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back