Circuit 24H Lemans

Tracks Circuit 24H Lemans 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
One is to put as many objects as you might want with super big and detailed materials (textures), the other is to optimize things... so you always have to do compromises, sometimes even huge ones. But this is surely one of the hardest parts of modding no doubt. I have learned this through years, it takes loots of times.

Hey Mitja/Guys.

Believe me i feel i have spent as much time as im willing to spend on performance. (After all its a conversion of a conversion of a conversion. And you of all people understand what im talking about here) At least 4 days of tweaking. Lods etc etc. To compare the 2 versions is just not a fair comparison.

But as far as performance on my machine. Yes dip on home straight. Gets a little high but no choker. But this is more a offline Ai thing as you well know. (Not trying to be a dick here;). But this track (on my machine as a caveat) performs similar or better than say your okayama scratchmade mod or my usual benchmark track brands hatch... dude what im saying is im no master at this and we can all find fault in somebody else's efforts...for example i may not be super keen on say lilski's or your personal visual style.and that i personally think Fat Alfies visual style beats everybody hands down (imo) But i still appreciate the great work all of you guys do and you are all way more technically proficient than i will ever want or need to be

I just dont get people coming expecting somthing Free that was already know as a conversion. And expect some new laser scanned version to just appear. I do somtimes feel (though this just may be in my mind). That some folks really like to look down on what i do here...like a kind of sim track snobberry thing

I will say this once again. I do this for fun and for free and because i want to race on more than 10 tracks. Accuracy is mega important to me.. But not to the point of getting bored of laser scanned monza and ****ing eau ****ing rouge on repeat. I just want these tracks to look moved on graphically from 2004

I appreciate cristisism. And welcome it.....but have over the years learnt one mega important lesson. I used to DJ Professionally all over the world (in another life i was quite a well respected DJ and music producer). Anyhow the lesson is for every 2000 (for eg) people to leave a gig were i had played. There would (not always but often) be one or two angry geecky train spotter types hanging around the booth/stage, and would be upset that a played such and such a remix or my mixing was shoddy at 2.15 of said track at 11.22pm to be exact.....hopefully you get what im saying.......

These vocal angry upset guys are less than one percent. Most happy people waved, blew a kiss at me or shook my hand said good set mate and went home happy and entertained....

Jim :)

Ps i will fix any isseues as soon as i can

Last edited:
The previous version (1.1 or 1.2) has acceptable DIP from around 1300 all around the circuit. This latest update messed up the start finish area, as all the updated and new content is probably not setup correctly and object optimisation is widely neglected. Sadly typical for tracks that went trough the hands of @Terra21 , as same applies to the Daytona track.[/QUOT

I will defend terra here.. none of what you say is actually true... but those in glass houses....i bet your all still driving it though

Do me a favour pal.. i have but one machine to test on....do a comparison with a couple of stock tracks. Say brands hatch and nordschef

Let me know how your numbers differ... please disregard the previous version as a benchmark....as to compare to two isnt really a fair comparison

Not saying your wrong...just have only one frame of reference my end

I think to a degree more and more people today are a bit more concerned about accuracy than bling (blame the almighty laser scanner). Especially when it comes to such an iconic track. So year after year this track model get regurgitated with the same terrible elevations and general layout inaccuracies and people are tired of it. You can stick as much lipstick on it as you can but in the end it is still a pig.

Take my Watkins for example. It isn't very pretty currently (IMO) but it is accurate and when you drive on track it feels like the real thing. People can actually train on it and apply that to the real world. And thus people are happy with it even though visually, in its current state, it is lacking.

With old tracks you can get away with much more error and nobody would be the wiser. But with a modern day track, with often solid data available, people expect more than just a pretty face.

As for performance issues well that is just typical conversion BS. Only true way to fix it is to remap and re-UV everything to less overall materials and at that point you might as well just make new stuff.

I'm acutely aware that some of our members had to pull out of recent club races on the 1.2 layout due to CPU occupancy errors and major lagging.
Sounds like some of your members need to upgrade their junk pc's or stick to SP against five ai
-----------
Thank tout for your answer !
What s the best app? CM light or JSGME?
Donate for the full version of CM for the best experience; use JSGME if you can't spare a dime.
----------------

Thank you for the night version of the track, looks pretty cool to me.

Do me a favour pal.. i have but one machine to test on....do a comparison with a couple of stock tracks. Say brands hatch and nordschef

Let me know how your numbers differ... please disregard the previous version as a benchmark....as to compare to two isnt really a fair comparison

Not saying your wrong...just have only one frame of reference my end
First i highly approve your effort on improving the Circuit de la Sarthe! :thumbsup:

Just take a look how the DIP value in the graphic perfomance app changes around a lap. This DIP are the numbers of active drawcells and are the same on various PS systems, the more active the higher the impact in performance. Mostly the performance loss is due too many objects that must be drawn by the GPU. Merging objects like trees or buildings and reducing shaders should drop the DIP in general. And all objects outside the walls should be grahic only, not part of the physical mesh.

It should ideal stay around 1200-1500 in one car hotlapping. The v1.1 of Le Mans its in a very good range from 1300-1600. In your recent update it varies from 1500 up to 3000. From Tertre Rouge up to the Porsche Curves ist at a good level of ground 1500. But from Karting upto Start/Finish it rises from 2000 to 3000.

I do highly respect anyone who is creating content for AC!

And why should it be unfair to compare this version with the previous one? It would be unfair to compare it with the stock Magione.

I think to a degree more and more people today are a bit more concerned about accuracy than bling (blame the almighty laser scanner). Especially when it comes to such an iconic track. So year after year this track model get regurgitated with the same terrible elevations and general layout inaccuracies and people are tired of it. You can stick as much lipstick on it as you can but in the end it is still a pig.

Take my Watkins for example. It isn't very pretty currently (IMO) but it is accurate and when you drive on track it feels like the real thing. People can actually train on it and apply that to the real world. And thus people are happy with it even though visually, in its current state, it is lacking.

With old tracks you can get away with much more error and nobody would be the wiser. But with a modern day track, with often solid data available, people expect more than just a pretty face.

As for performance issues well that is just typical conversion BS. Only true way to fix it is to remap and re-UV everything to less overall materials and at that point you might as well just make new stuff.

I totally agree.
I think everyone is looking for an accurate Le Mans version!
It would be awesome

Sounds like some of your members need to upgrade their junk pc's or stick to SP against five a
T0QTcxG.gif

As always you make smart and sucint points. And to a large extent im 100% with you. But yours is a opinion just like mine.we could go round and round making thoroughly resonable arguments for and against

I think ultimately your missing the point of why i even bothered. As im fully aware of all the issues with this woefully inacurate layout

Night
Lights
Immersion
VR (for me this a biggie. The presence factor)
Wish fulfilment
Its Lamans at night will bells and some inacurate whistles. Why not it was not big stress and some people enjoy

Its not a training aid i agree. Bur its does futhfill some of the above requirements

Are you talking about another thread? I see nobody in this thread being angry or upset. Just praise and constructive criticism.

Its actually a story as a analogy. Probably completly of topic so apologies for that. Not saying any one here is angry or upset.....the angry and upset folks in the story are like me the ones who slightly overthink everything they love about somthing and maybe spoil there own fun a little. .

First i highly approve your effort on improving the Circuit de la Sarthe! :thumbsup:

Just take a look how the DIP value in the graphic perfomance app changes around a lap. This DIP are the numbers of active drawcells and are the same on various PS systems, the more active the higher the impact in performance. Mostly the performance loss is due too many objects that must be drawn by the GPU. Merging objects like trees or buildings and reducing shaders should drop the DIP in general. And all objects outside the walls should be grahic only, not part of the physical mesh.

It should ideal stay around 1200-1500 in one car hotlapping. The v1.1 of Le Mans its in a very good range from 1300-1600. In your recent update it varies from 1500 up to 3000. From Tertre Rouge up to the Porsche Curves ist at a good level of ground 1500. But from Karting upto Start/Finish it rises from 2000 to 3000.

I do highly respect anyone who is creating content for AC!

And why should it be unfair to compare this version with the previous one? It would be unfair to compare it with the stock Magione.

You are of course right.....i understand your frustrations. Most of the things you mentioned here have been looked at and considered and tweaked to try and find some kind of balance please beleieve me i try to make these tracks the best i can with the free time i have. (Please be my guest crack the kn5 open and see what you can do...im up for being schooled

its a conversion and with that come compromises. I cant help that... as liski stated for the time it would take to sort out i may as well start from scratch...which on a side note i would give it me best go if could manage to not work or get paid for a year i would say

You are of course right.....i understand your frustrations. Most of the things you mentioned here have been looked at and considered and tweaked to try and find some kind of balance please beleieve me i try to make these tracks the best i can with the free time i have. (Please be my guest crack the kn5 open and see what you can do...im up for being schooled

its a conversion and with that come compromises. I cant help that... as liski stated for the time it would take to sort out i may as well start from scratch...which on a side note i would give it me best go if could manage to not work or get paid for a year i would say

What are you disagreeing with?

I'm afraid I seem to have the same issues with the white lines (maybe it only me?).I tried a few different Weather Mods/Times of day & Filters but it made no difference. Everything else looks great.

It happens in some other mod tracks too i just hadn't noticed before.

Last edited:
As always you make smart and sucint points. And to a large extent im 100% with you. But yours is a opinion just like mine.we could go round and round making thoroughly resonable arguments for and against

I think ultimately your missing the point of why i even bothered. As im fully aware of all the issues with this woefully inacurate layout

Night
Lights
Immersion
VR (for me this a biggie. The presence factor)
Wish fulfilment
Its Lamans at night will bells and some inacurate whistles. Why not it was not big stress and some people enjoy

Its not a training aid i agree. Bur its does futhfill some of the above requirements
So is it going to stay inaccurate?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back