WIP Cicada GP

Changelog:
- New stuff:
  • higher quality trees closer to road
  • trees between Sobre la Colina (T1-4) and The Cut
  • a large island in the "harbour" side of the ocean
  • brakecues for 1st hairpin entry (The Complex)
  • raised strips of tarmac to outside of last corner and T7 (Aquelos Duros II) to stop people running wide (need more work)
  • wall inside Aquelos Duros II to catch spins
  • a small runoff area and tirewalls to outside of T20
- Better racing-groove and AI fastline (needs work
- Replaced unnecessary individual trees with treewalls
- Removed artificial horizon
- Removed horizon correction
- Reworked terrain:
  • Harbour side sea connects to the beach
  • Optimized LOD
  • Removed driveable and collide from where it was not needed for faster loading and smaller HAT size for better performance and memory demand
  • Decreased mesh sizes for better performance (needs work)
- Tweaked roadtexture (spec/bumb needs work, spec map outside edge bleeds to center of the road..)
- Changed the pitwall profile, it now only deflects the car upwards instead of getting stopped by it
- Increased tire wear
- Decreased tire heat
- Decreased tire grip
- Increased fog out distance
- Tweaked cameras, increased clipplanes
- Tweaked loading screen
- Correct tracklength in the track select menu (for some reason, km values doesn't work anymore, the game converts from miles only...)

Quite a long list for what was supposed to be only a minor update.. :p

Cicada got the new materials and they feel awesome. I got the track now like i wanted to be, high grip with slippery edges. Makes reaching the limits easier but one has to master the track to get that last second in the qualy.. I'll finish the scenery and state that it is version 1.0 beta.. I can start detailing the road with fully working version in my backpocket... I can go crazy and return back to it when i want.

http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Projects/Cicada/Cicada.1.0.8.msi

New grandstands, again.. Now they are the final versions, they look awesome..

Could someone please try to help me with the AI in the pitlane? I can't locate the problem. I can provide rFactor version, it has simplified road materials but that has nothing to do iwth the oddly behaving AI. Sometimes it does the following: it brakes and throttles in very rapid succession, the normal 2 minute lap extends to over 20 minutes... It just leaves continuous skidmarks when it does that and that happens ONLY in practice sessions. It races normally and doesn't do it everytime.

What a beauty. Long curvy fast stretches with a cunning little bend just far enough away over the brow and down to a slow left hander.Cunning slippy bits off line. Very sexy track Kennett.
Problem in pit lane zero - a bit slow perhaps but nothing like you mentioned. The AI don't go above pit lane speed untill the bottom of the hill, first bend, which could be a problem when AI leave pits in a race.
And shadows disappear first half of home straight.

Thanks for the appraises.. I had the superslow AI in the last build, didn't check this one.. It has the same AIW except for the pitline.. It might've been only one freak thing, i suspected that the AIW was actually a half a meter underground.. I haven't got the luxury of doing rFactor AIW/CAM editor in every iteration. And since i have to use "Average" setting in the rFactor generated AIW, it just need one hi or lo point adjust to mess it up.. But ihaven't got anything but gut feeling.. Glad to see it's now fixed. The main thing is the AI lbeeing so slow on entry/exit. It uses 60km/h in pitline while the limiter is set to 80 (100 in race..) but the main thin is that now you see how long that straight is and AI accelerates to 130km/h in F1 at a point where human is going 290km/h coming from the pits, that is a real problem.. The normal speed with F1 is around 305km/h there so humans can deal with it easily. Race07 AI just is sooo stupid, rFactors AI can do the whole track 3 seconds faster with identical AIW and grip values and it doesn't spin all over.

There's a small wiggle still in this version at the join point of pitline and fastline, i did quite a quick job of creating the pits/garages and pitline. I've done that as smooth as babys bottom and it doesn't fix the weird speed so that's not the problem. I've looked at speed values in AIW/CAM editor but can't see the error. BTB gives the same speed values and works 100%. But the fastline is so good now that i barely can compete with AI set to 100% and most addon tracks are much worse.. BritishGP AI is about 6 seconds slower than i and that's widely used track..

Has anyone experiance of Guitarmans AIW editor? It doesn't work on my rig, it just crashes at start.

I tried Guitarmans AIW editor too several times with different downloads & even a different version but it all but once crashed & the one time it didn't I couldn't understand it.....

Every thing is looking great... love this track.. many many laps of testing..:)
If you can get the AI sorted out, there a lot better than the first builds... and yes at 100% there hard to keep up with... Crank it up to 104% and try to follow..(just need the pit lane AI probs as you've stated)(You will get there Kennett:D)

Just downloaded Guitarmans AIW editor and I see that the pitlane line goes right past the first bend. also in 3dsimed I see the pit out (where AI should be able to put their foot down) is just past the garages. Doesn't this point more to a problem with the xpitout.gmt of the pitout not working?

I'll upload the latest build but those who use IE as a browser can't download .MSI installer packages... Switch to Chrome or Firefox.

@ebrich: I'm not sure about the fastline adjustments.. F1 keep spinning in Three Amigos ( Layout.pdf ) They can' t use the fastest line, it needs to be a little bit wider and turn slightly sharper before the entry to fool them to brake before the crest. They basically try to break right at the crest and fly straight to the wall.. Regular cars won't lose a lot of time there when they use the F1 line. Other than that i didn't see anything wrong.. There are some other turns that the F1 could use different line anyway, i may have to do two versions of the track, one that's for F1 and a regular one.

There is gonna be three layouts at the end, one that uses the full main straight, GP (that's the main track, others are secondary..) and a Reversed one... We tried the reverse the other day and it's real hoot.. and dangerous.

PS: Just did PB with MAK F1, 1:31.333 I challenge everyone to beat that..

EDIT: Here's the latest build. http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Projects/Cicada/Cicada.1.0.9.msi I added skidmarks all over, some needs adjusting but i'm pretty happy about them. It has ebrichs AIW.

It's not the location that bugging, i can assure that it's much better than what Mediafire offers ;) Internet Explorer can't download MSI packages to hard drive because of internal security flaw and it downloads it as ASCII textfile. Other browsers doesn't have that bug..Get Chrome of Firefox, they work much better than IE anyway.

I've had to use Chrome for this.. took me a few attempts to realise it was Explorer that was at fault and not my new PC...i was already to tear thing apart...:D

ive just had a nice drive round the service track even went to my penthouse in the citty, :D
thought it was going to get to the coast but fell to hell...:(

the AIW are a lot better out on track f1 mod 100% they make it round 3 amigos... But there's still a problem as they exit the pits ... they do not speed up correctly until the turn to go up the hill.... this happens with all cars and mods with varying speeds... the pit entrance seems better but still has same problems.... some of the cars even struggle to get out of pit box and then take upto 3 mins to get to first corner usually causing a crash in the process

But there's still a problem as they exit the pits
Yes AI doesn't take any notice of the xpitout and so doesn't do more than pit speed untill the pit lane runs out, which is at the bottom of the hill.
Found a couple of similar posts but no answer that worked.?!?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back