Chris Haye Creates Fantasy Hometown AC Track

Chris Haye's latest video is a beauty and well worth a watch. Watch Chris create a fantasy tack for Assetto Corsa based on his local airfield.

If you have been wondering where Chris Haye has been the last couple of weeks, you're not alone. It was only when I spotted a tweet from the man himself this week responding to a concerned fan that I knew I needn't be worried, in fact, it was cause for great excitement. Chris responded to said fan informing that a new video was due to go live later that day, and boy what a video it is.

Chris has been hard at work over the last few weeks creating something which I think all of us have dreamt about doing at one point or another, and that's building a track based on your home town, or in Chris' case, airfield. I can picture the exact roads I would recreate if I had the time, skill, and patience to tackle a task like this, so I take my hat off to Chris for taking this project on. And it goes without saying, huge respect to the modding community for the awesome work that continues to be made week after week, you guys are absolute legends.

In the video Chris takes us on a trip down memory lane by explaining a bit about where the idea came from and why this particular stretch of tarmac is special to him. Back in the studio we are treated to a high level overview of the process required to create the track using Real Track Builder and some of the challenges he faced along the way.

When Chris finally gets on track the excitement in his voice is evident and you can tell he is genuinely being kicked in his nostalgia as he takes his first laps at his dream circuit. I know this is stating the bleeding obvious, but, this is amazing content and i'm so grateful for the fact that sim racing is Mr Haye's hobby so we get treated to this level of production, even if there is the odd gap in uploads from time to time. This was definitely worth the wait, I for one am inspired.

If you would like to see Chris' new track on RaceDepartment comment below and head to his hometown, track him down, harass him until he gives in...Ok, don't do that second part, maybe just leave a comment of encouragement. Top work Chris!

Great video as always.
I like how humble Chris seems to be as both a simracer and presenter.
I would love it (with his permission of course) to see the best modders here at RD work with him to finalize this track's textures as a collaborative effort.
The circuit flow already looks great.
I've always yearned for such a project, simply to see how it would turn out.
Can you imagine a track with input from all those talented folk?
It'd be mega.

Great video as always.
I like how humble Chris seems to be as both a simracer and presenter.
I would love it (with his permission of course) to see the best modders here at RD work with him to finalize this track's textures as a collaborative effort.
The circuit flow already looks great.
I've always yearned for such a project, simply to see how it would turn out.
Can you imagine a track with input from all those talented folk?
It'd be mega.
I believe the technology exists which would allow a program to present a user a view from Google Earth, the user traces out a route, open or closed, and then that data could be fed into algorithms that transform that data into the format the game requires. Now you could create tracks from real world data and race on hometown favorites or world famous locations. Not easy, but doable.

If race track builder was sub £15 I think we would all have a go... but for the current £44.99 it is far too much to throw away as a bit of fun.

In bygone times, when the people of the world were free, £45 would be a few beers in the pub on a Friday night, and a dirty kebab on the way home.

No chance of doing that now, so Race Track Builder should be affordable, but only on a Friday night.

@VernWozza not sure what happened, but this is how the last part of the article looks when in RD Dark Mode (confirmed on both PC and iPhone):
1613237209441.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 82 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing