Choosing motherboard - Help Please!!

Hello everyone!

I have just sold my Notebook and now I'm going for a Desktop.
Until now what I have bought:
EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid
I5 10600K

I need some help choosing the motherboard, I want something that could use for the next years, but also I don't want to spend money on something that I would not use. I have in mind overclocking a little bit the I5, but nothing hard.

For example, the MAXIMUS XII is usually used for overclocking, but maybe it has some features that in the future I will need them, or they will be used right now with better results, or I will not need a motherboard for the next... 6 years??... Cooler, faster, I really don't know. Mi idea in the future (and depends on how things go) I want to upgrade to an I9

The options I have are the following

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII Z490 Hero -> usd 397
Asus ROG STRIX Z490 E -> usd 283
MSI MEG Z490 GAMEMING CARBON ->usd 269
MSI MEG Z490 ACE -> usd 389

Maybe out there is something better?

What do you think about it?

If here is not the place to post it I kindly ask the administrator to erase it.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Depends on details. Need 3 M.2s? WiFi? Even dual Wifi? I personally would choose a model with more USB connectors as simracing may use up quite some of them (had a look at the ASUS boards you mention - they seem to have loads of them). I'm not a big fan of USB cards as they need separate drivers which may (or may not) be a problem. Same goes for the space they use up on the board (could be in the way of airflow for the GPU).
Sorry, can't give a more focused advice as I don't know the details of what's important to you.

You have a point that I didn't look...all of them have USB connectors...

What I'm looking for?

A motherboard that could last me years (I'm not thinking on upgrading more than a I9 Gen 11 in the next 5 years)

Paying extra 110 for a top en motherboard worth it?

I'm not an overclocking guy, don't know too much about it... just want to know if the quality, components, or anything on the more expensive motherboards worth those 110 extras for the use that I will give to the desktop... Sim racing and maybe gaming

Don't worry, all those options will last for MANY years. I have made a search for boards that I would consider. Filters:
- Intel Socket 1200
- Chipset Z490 (highest end, can be used for OC)
- 4xRAM slots (future extendability)
- 10 or more external USB connectors (maybe over the top)
- 2 CPU fan connectors on board (in case you want a dual-tower-cooler)

Sorted by price (at least where I live) these are the results:
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming (90MB12P0-M0EAY0)
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Ultra G2
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero [WI-FI] (90MB12R0-M0EAY0)
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula (90MB1370-M0EAY0)

Everyone of them is for sure absolutely great. Narrow down depending on features you might find interesting (number of M.2 slots could be a criterion - to me all of them have plenty).

Thanks!!!!
I finaly just bought the Strix E, could not find it by that number on Amazon, but, its this one...

Thanks for the advice!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back