Chevrolet Camaro

Bye-bye budget cars... Chevrolet is ready to flex its muscles in the performance market. It won’t be unveiled officially until the Detroit Motor Show in 2010, but the stunning new Camaro has already been spied undisguised by our snappers in the US.
The styling has barely changed from that of the Camaro concept which appeared at the 2006 Detroit expo. Angular lines, sharp details and bulging panels provide the Canadian-built model with a truly American look.

car_photo_252144_25.jpg

Even the shapes of the front and rear lights are daring and distinctive, showing just how Chevy intends to rival the new Dodge Challenger.
In the US, the most popular model in the range is likely to be the flagship V8 variant, but a cheaper V6 Camaro will also be offered.

car_photo_252954_25.jpg

What’s more, bosses are considering using an efficient four-cylinder power­plant, in anticipation of even higher fuel costs before the end of the decade. The newcomer shares its basic architecture with Vauxhall’s VXR8, so has a rear-wheel-drive transmission. Even though the Camaro will deli­ver Porsche-chasing performance, the firm is promising bargain prices, and the two-door is set to be cheaper than the VXR8. As a result, the V8-powered model will be available for less than £35,000.
The Camaro is expected be available in right-hand drive when it goes on sale in the UK in 2010. It will head a rejuvenated Chevrolet line-up that will leave its Korean roots behind and embrace its US heritage.

car_photo_252948_25.jpg

Before the Camaro is officially revealed, the General Motors-owned firm will pull the covers off its Lacetti replacement at the Paris Motor Show in September. Codenamed J300, the new compact model – which is based on the same platform as the next-generation Vauxhall Astra – will be available first as a four-door, while a hatchback variant is due to join the range at a later date.
The French event will also see Chevrolet reveal a new MPV concept. This will be the first of many models, as the firm is promising to launch one every 16 weeks until 2012.

(autoexpress)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

This is the car I want next!

2010camaro1.jpg

Chevrolet said:
Chevy is pleased to announce that the day you've been waiting for has arrived – you can submit an order for a 2010 Chevy Camaro (scheduled to be available spring 2009) starting Monday, October 13, 2008.(1)

Chevy dealers across the country will be able to submit customers' orders for the new 2010 Chevy Camaro Coupe, with its outstanding performance and efficiency, sleek styling and unexpected array of features, including:

- Price starting at $22,995(2)

- Choice of six-speed transmissions: manual or TAPshift automatic

- Projected 300 hp DOHC V6 engine that gets an estimated 27 MPG hwy with automatic transmission(3)

- Projected 400 hp V8 engine with automatic transmission and Active Fuel Management for added fuel savings

- Projected 422 hp V8 engine with manual transmission

- 4.5-link independent rear suspension

- Six air bags

- Bluetooth® wireless technology available for select compatible phones

- USB connectivity available on select models

- Standard one-year OnStar Safe & Sound plan

For a PDF of the specs or any more info visit the Camaro Site

Does it change into a robot...?

Reason I ask is cause I really want a car that can do this. I noticed the Citroen C5 is quite popular BUT if this can turn into a transformer its as good as sold! ;)

• Janis Abele

MMmm like it :)
I don't like the fuel economy on this car :D
but the power is great :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%