rF2 Chevrolet Camaro @ Nazareth Speedway (Oval) - Mon 19th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Joao, Sorry for the stop and go. I'm going to look at the replay and see what happend.
Did you do a pitstop during the first caution.

Yes i did pit on the first caution.

The problem was on the second caution (that i caused :whistling: :D:p). The message told me to follow you so i had to catch the pack. When i was on your tail it told me i was in front of you and gave me a penalty. Since i'm new to this type of race and yellow flags maybe i did a mistake or something. ;)

In the end it was a fun race. :thumbsup:

Yes i did pit on the first caution.

The problem was on the second caution (that i caused :whistling: :D:p). The message told me to follow you so i had to catch the pack. When i was on your tail it told me i was in front of you and gave me a penalty. Since i'm new to this type of race and yellow flags maybe i did a mistake or something. ;)

In the end it was a fun race. :thumbsup:

I've watched the replay, You didn't do anything wrong. But for some reason the game made a counting mistake. You should be behind me, but 1 lap down. :O_o:
Maybe a work around would be drive through the pit lane. This would reset your position during the caution laps.

Something went wrong with the "freezeorder". The game freezes the positions from the moment you get the yellow flag. You see the yellow flag flashing the first incident lap.
There is is an option in the RFM file to turn the freezeorder off for the first "incident" lap. So the positions freeze at the moment we cross the start/finish line behind the safety car. However this gives people the change to cheat/overtake that first incident lap.

Anyway, there is still a lot to learn for me. And sometimes it's with trial and error. :whistling:

Here is the RFM file for the Thunder USA event. You can open it with notepad. So have an inside what the options are to set a safety car procedure. (and other stuff)

Safety-cars are a part of racing (and not only in the USA). There are not that much Sims supporting it. rFactor2 supports almost every real world racing situation. It's very open to all the options in not so user friendly way :mad:. But i'll get the hang of it. I'll get it right at some point. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back