RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Martin Poláček

Do you have any kind of Antivirus/Firewall that prevents you from downloading?
I suggest you turn those off and then try download again.

Or if you could, give an detailed description that prevents you from doing what you want to do :)
I have the worst firewall... my parents. They both have their jobs on the computer so my dad found this great system that makes the chance of getting a virus smaller. Basically we have one computer that downloads all the data other computers need and then sends it to the computer that asked for the data. Meanwhile it only allows for files that are not .exe and only allows port 80 to be used. Port 80 only is disabled when I want to play online (that stands for : not very often) . The Teamspeak update is probably updating the client which is an .exe file. So the computer doesn't let the files in so I can't download it myself. The only way I can cheat it around is to find the update in a .rar or .zip format. Which I didn't. So I need someone to put his updated teamspeak into a .rar file and upload it somewhere where I can get it.

I have the worst firewall... my parents. They both have their jobs on the computer so my dad found this great system that makes the chance of getting a virus smaller. Basically we have one computer that downloads all the data other computers need and then sends it to the computer that asked for the data. Meanwhile it only allows for files that are not .exe and only allows port 80 to be used. Port 80 only is disabled when I want to play online (that stands for : not very often) . The Teamspeak update is probably updating the client which is an .exe file. So the computer doesn't let the files in so I can't download it myself. The only way I can cheat it around is to find the update in a .rar or .zip format. Which I didn't. So I need someone to put his updated teamspeak into a .rar file and upload it somewhere where I can get it.

ahh, that explains alot then. But grab the file from Björn and shuld be set :)

Whew, these cars.. hard to handle, but great fun!

I had practiced quite a few laps but thanks to Tuesday's STCC, all my memorized break points were.. gone ;)
Got back to a reasonable pace, though and qualified 5th. Had quite a nice start and went on to 3rd place, though that might've been partially due to some lag-related incidents?
While I did manage to kinda cling to Daniel and Joe, they did gain second per second and I didn't stand a chance at getting past them.
Instead, Nelson and Bob were making their way through the grid and were at about 7secs behind me when I spun out at the hairpin - while I did manage to get back on track in front of them, it was only for a few turns until they passed me.
From then on, it was pretty much noman's land as they went on and I had quite a comfortable gap to 6th place, so I could take it easy and went on to bring P5 (P4, actually, as Daniel ran out of fuel) home :)

Thanks for racing guys, see you next time!

edit: great to see TS attendance going up, keep it coming ;)

Last edited:
Well, that was... annoying.

Qualified 4th and didn't really had much of expectation of myself.
But when the race was on, I got a pretty good start and already in T1 I had the lead.
@Joe Cannarozzo did breath down my neck a few times, but I manage to pull away lap after lap until (I think) he made a mistake. Now I had 10 seconds lead, and the car were just perfect. On lap 10-11 I started to feel the tire wear kicking in.

@Bob Miley were slowly starting to gain on me, but I never did any mistake and I were confident enough to see the checkered flag in my hands. Thats when Lady Luck decided to troll me, and on the last lap at the chicane, my car just died.

It came as a surprise and to be honest, it never occurred to me during the race to check the fuel level. Maybe if I had done that, and used short shifts I could had won.

Nevertheless, these cars were much funnier that I thought and I had a great time!

What a fun race! Had very little practice so I had to learn in the race itself. Qualified in the back, tried to charge to the front but in a racing incident with Bob Miley, I went off track. No hard feelings, that actually made the race kind of fun because I had to pass everyone again. Excitement was king in the mid pack as I had Bob on my tail for most of the race. We caught up with Bjorn Golda who was slower that both of us.

Bob was quicker than me, and got by me. After getting past Bjorn, I was in fourth until the last lap when Daniel(?) ran out of fuel and had to pit. I finished third, which I am thrilled with considering my lack of practice. Also, I was catching up on Joe Cannarozzo, and I would have passed him for second if I only had a few more laps.

Thank you organizing Dennis, and I look forward to next week. Team Speak was a blast and I hope to use it more often.

Ask your Dad to forward the Race07 ports just to your computer for racing and allow .exe files only to your PC and to keep his security in tact block all access from your PC to any other PC on the network. A bit of traffic shaping/port forwarding and firewall rule making should sort out your problems.

Qualy time I didn't believe. How I got to 3rd? Don't ask me. Some wizardry most likely involved. Anyway got one of those awesome starts I always seem to get. That's the only thing I did right :D . First into the first corner. Braked early enough but I still got bumped from the rear by some1 and basically went to like 7th. Then I was bumped again and went to like 9th. Wait. That's last?!? I could've still driven fast and I would probably get a decent enough position as I didn't lose that much time, but then the Walmart internet started kicking in. Everyone freezed, then dissappered and I spun. Somehow I still got in some battles for the last three positions. Sorry to all the people I had contact with. It was lag I swear! Without TS I would've been bored out of my mind :D Thanks guys.

Great racing in these again. Sorry for the push Nelson, I thought I was clear of you, but I felt the touch and just went off track to let you by. It did indeed make for more fun. I was so glad I got a bad start and had that incident or it may have been a boring run to the line.

Thanks for the race and more Camaro please.

Ask your Dad to forward the Race07 ports just to your computer for racing and allow .exe files only to your PC and to keep his security in tact block all access from your PC to any other PC on the network. A bit of traffic shaping/port forwarding and firewall rule making should sort out your problems.
Thanks for the advice. I've already tried talking about this with him like a milion times , but I don't have the knowledge to really say something reasonable enough. I'll ask him about it, but I don't expect any miracles. I'm glad that he at least let's me to have the internet for the races. He's not really willing to help me out with this. I think he could do it pretty easily but he doesn't need to care about it.

Good thing I practiced for this event after setting it up as I had no time today. It didn't really seem to help as I had no speed against any driver. Still, I enjoy the car and think it's fun. This was it's second event and will be brought back for more. there is also a "Camaro Cup" and I believe those cars have more adjustments available, we'll be looking into those as well.

At least I got mixed up with the field at the first turn, almost felt like I was in the race but as fast as everyone was in Quali, I knew I was just there to collect a replay :(. Fortune rained upon me and Martin ended up behind me and I held him up as much as I could. I tried to get him to help me catch Gundars but he held back until he could go for Gundars himself :sneaky: At the end, Belet had "mistaked" himself, almost to within my grasp!

So even though I was slow there was a race just full of good close driving going on and yes an active TeamSpeak really helped, thank's to Martin for that! :D

Oh and if you weren't on TS, you diddn't get to hear the chat about next weeks event ahead of time :sneaky:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back