RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well.. that was unexpected?

I did practice a few laps during the last days, however, most of them were in the Camaro - as expected, that, in combination with my kinda late arrival at P2's start, led to my first lap times being.. developable? :D
However, I found a few seconds and managed to get to what seemed a pretty median lap time.
I still took race fuel into quals as I wasn't feeling that fast and didn't want to get into too much trouble (well, didn't that work out? :D) - qualified 5th, IIRC.

Had a great start into race #1 and claimed P1 (Kimi in pole re-pitted and thus DNF'd, unfortunately). However, Daniel and Joe were pushing hard and I found myself under pressure defending my position. Took a turn too wide in lap 3 and had to let them pass.
Now fighting each other, they couldn't quite gain any time, however, and Alex was a good 3-5 secs behind me - meaning I could enjoy watching Daniel and Joe for a few laps. Three-ish laps from the finish, it seemed as if they were in bigger tyre-trouble than me as I could pass Joe to get 2nd position and a few kilometres down, Daniel went wide (ironically, the exact same turn that I screwed up earlier ;)) and I could pass.
Still, there were about 2 laps to go and both were still behind me - I was yearning for the finish line.
Concentrating (and with better tyres, I assume), I managed to hold the position for an unexpected victory :)

Starting from behind in race #2, I didn't start quite as well but soon gained a few positions through T1 trouble - quickly fell back, though, as I took a turn too wide and went into the gravel. Now in P7 (Nelson DNF'd), I was hunting down Michel and Dennis. Upon 'arrival', Michel had passed Dennis, so we hunted him, again ;)
Dennis passed, I followed soon and chased him - managed to pass him due to a smaller error (IIRC) and stayed in P5 until the end :)

Thanks for racing, everyone (great to see new guys in the grid!), and thanks Dennis for organization :)

Todays event is something I wish every race would be like. Epic, tight racing from start to finish. If you don't have pain in your wrists, sweat pour down your back, like a waterfall, and are almost the brink of falling unconscious, you're doing it wrong. Period!

First race I was so confident I would win. Picked up the lead, after chasing @Björn Golda for a few laps, at the same time as @Joe Cannarozzo kept breathing down my neck. After 2-3 laps, Björn made a tiny error, and I passed him, and so did Joe.

Close to the end, I had built up a small lead, and that's when I were confident I would take the checkered flag. On lap 9 (I think) I started to think about boobies and had a brain fart, and forgot to break (sorry, don't know the name of the corner but around T6, same place as Björn went of earlier) and found myself in the sand trap for a brief period. Both Björn and Joe passed me, and I finished 3rd.

2nd race, had the lead once again, But not for long. I think it was Kimi who passed me, but I took it back just to lose it again a little later. Few laps later Joe
at T10 (I think?) did a extremely bravely move on me, and passed me on the outside. Beautiful done! However, I was able to pass him again.
A little later Joe and one guy, who is not signed up, so I can't remember his name, were right behind me but passed me when Joe bumped into me at the chicane,
I lost the control of the car for a few seconds. Gotta love FWD thou, just floor it, and turn the wheel at the direction you wanna go and voila, back on! :D:D

They both got away, so I slapped myself in the face, and could actually caught up with Joe. On the last lap, I manage to pass him, but once again, he bumped into me on the last corner before the start/finish straight, and passed me. But he were really kind, and slowed down and gave the position back to me. Once again, finished 3rd.

Epic race, just pure epic!

I hadn't been club racing for almost a year, so it was nice to have some less serious racing again.

So I got the pole, with race fuel accidentally :)

I had already entered the grid at race 1, when I remembered that I should change the FOV to get wider view. As Björn said I got DNF'd. I had never before left the grid so didn't know that, but now I know :)

Reversed grid for the race 2 so I was on pole again. Had a good start but got hit behind into turn 1 by Nelson who had lost control, so you didn't retire just early enough ;) But no problem :) Managed to continue from P5 I think without any major damage. Quickly passed Dennis into turn 7. After the 1st lap I was on P3. For the next couple of laps I was just behind Daniel and Joe. On lap 5 or 6 I was on left side of Joe into the chicane. I know the Volvo was very good under braking so I out braked Joe who then bumped into Daniel. I was able to pass both and drove to victory.

Good fun, thanks!

The back half of this track is so nice, the front could use a new face. Oh well a different track for next week!

R1: What a horrible start for me but I think it kept me out of trouble. I did nothing but problms beset other drivers. I just kept riving!
R2: Lucky in T1 on the first lap my joyride ended soon after. L3 and a bump to Bob's rear set me back a few places. Belet and I fought for a bit, a very nice one but Bjorn was right behind. I managed a squeeze on Belet but trying to keep Bjorn penned up ruined my tires and he was past.

I hope everyone likes the track enough to come back on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%