Checking and applying brake bias mid-race

In R3E it's possible to map buttons to brake bias (front/rear) so you can change the values on-the-fly so to speak. It appears possible to control the forward and rear bias values in rF2 as well but it's not clear to me how to apply and check the values. I know that pressing #6 on keyboard shows assists. And the Track Map plugin also has a lot of info to show. Is there a simple way to check the brake bias status on-screen while driving?

• Deleted member 130869

You can assign a key to increase and another to decrease bias. Default might be [ and ], but I don't know about pushing a key just to see the ratio.

When you adjust the ratio in-car, a small message pops up telling you what the setting is. With a Fanatec wheel, I assigned brake bias to the funky switch's twisting action.

IMHO, there's little reason to know the precise setting while driving because you either need to move the bias or you don't. And you have to test the setting once you've adjusted it. Yes there are some track/car combos where the optimal solution is to move the brake bias a notch or two forward in one turn and then move it back for a turn on the other side of the track; however, when you're racing, it's the notches you pay attention to rather than the absolute number.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%