Check Out the New F1 2019 Style Front Wings!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course...but every time I hear a "die-hard" Formula 1 fan complain about a rule/design change, I'm reminded of this scene. Except, you know...the change isn't as drastic as this happening :roflmao::

Stewie-I-dont-like-change-min.jpg

Honestly, I've grown used to the halo look already, and I've (gasp!) come to actually like the sound of the hybrid turbo PU (Blame lots of time playing AMS lol). As much as I love the 1970's - early 2000's era of F1, the sport can't stay locked in a time bubble...just like, in the 1970's, they didn't continue racing in cars like Fangio and Ascari drove, with only the goggles on your face and grace of whatever deity you serve to protect you.

Things change; give them a chance to actually be implemented before judging so harshly :)

This wont make a bit of difference to the racing, the reduction in elements and complexity doesn't go anywhere near enough to have a big effect. The wing is too wide and so the wash effect from a following car will just be a bigger target to hit. Also, they will get knocked off easier as they are approaching the same width as the wheels.
By the looks of things they have removed maybe 20-30% of the flip ups, which wont make a bit of difference. If they wanted this to be a success they needed to cut back on the number of front elements by about 70-80%. Just have one or two elements, instead it looks like they have at least 5.

These wings need to be tapered a bit to avoid how easily you could chop a tire down and claim an accident. F1 has a history of nefarious dealings in close late season championship battles.

It doesn't really look all that much different from the current one. I doubt the vast majority of people will will even notice the change.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%