F1 2018 Check out the New Codemasters F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have been making trailers again... this time showing off the official F1 2018 gameplay video in all its glory...

Just under one month to go and then it is release time for the next official Formula One game from Codemasters, and to help gather up some hype and excitement for the next title Codemasters have put together a new trailer... the first official gameplay video showcasing what's new and exciting in F1 2018.

Coming in at just over two minutes in length the latest trailer isn't exactly short either, and does a very nice job of showcasing what looks very much like a new game worthy of the official Formula One licence..

Of course no new information about F1 2018 would be complete without some words from F1 2018 Game Director Lee Mather, which can be seen reprinted below:

“The Career mode is the central point of the game and has been greatly expanded with the inclusion of pressurised press interviews that will directly affect your path through the sport. There is also far more flexibility for the player, including the ability to select your own rival and negotiate team moves during the season. The Career mode also expands the player’s research and development options, with each F1® team now having its own unique technology tree with differing strengths and weaknesses. What’s more, F1® 2018’s Career will also feature significant rule changes between seasons during the Career for the first time.

“The game’s handling has also been reworked using real world F1® data to give us new suspension and chassis physics, as well as the introduction of manually deployed ERS. This all means that the cars feel great to drive and you can really feel the difference between the modern cars and the 20 classics there are in the game. There is a huge contrast between the low aero, low grip cars from the 1970s compared to the 2018 cars.”

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 1.jpg
F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 2.jpg
F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 3.jpg

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new F1 game? Do you think this has the potential to be the best F1 game released so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looks like it is shaping up nicely, looking forward to trying it out. Nice to see little details like the front wing flex and tyre model modifications.

I'm sure if this title was held as a "sim" by more people there would be many raving about the improvements already. Was playing on F1 2017 yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed a great race with the AI in career mode at the Hungaroring. With the new features like manual ERS deployment I'm really looking forward to the latest incarnation of the game.

- Still the big banking in the Monaco tunnel
- No real F1 TV graphics
- Still the outdated fixed pit animation
- Halo
- Poor halo integration
- No option to disable the halo
- Fake steering wheel screen
- Fake engine modes
- Gimmicks
- Poor engine sound apart from Ferrari
- Poor damage physics

They are trying hard to mask the visual flaws with this video but you can clearly see for example the boats in Monaco floating in the air and texture glitches of the cars at some distance. Also still looks like there is dust in the air on all track scenes and poor contrast really.
Still I'll wait for more improvements cause I like F1 racing.

I almost didn't look at this because every time there is a news item about this game, the comments are mainly a whole lot of whining and complaints... I find the F1 games quite a lot of fun to play. The only criticism from me is the lack of on track accidents during the race. The AI drivers never make mistakes. I hope that this get rectified in the new game.

- Still the big banking in the Monaco tunnel
- No real F1 TV graphics
- Still the outdated fixed pit animation
- Halo
- Poor halo integration
- No option to disable the halo
- Fake steering wheel screen
- Fake engine modes
- Gimmicks
- Poor engine sound apart from Ferrari
- Poor damage physics
- Banking in the Monaco tunnel isn't even that bad
- Ever thought they can't license the official graphics?
- The pit animation is fine
- As if you're complaining about the halo, it's on the real cars, so it has to be in game too
- Not sure I understand this, but it's modelled perfectly, what else do you want?
- There's an option to disable the centre pillar, turning it off completely wouldn't bode well with the FIA
- I'm pretty sure the teams don't want their official steering wheel screens on the game
- Also pretty sure people don't want 11 engine modes in the game, it's meant to be accessible, and also again, I don't think the teams want to give this much information away
- Don't use the gimmicks then?
- Engine sounds are taken from the real cars, they might not sound 100% realistic, but they're closer than most games/sims are
- Sponsors don't want to see their brands trashed with loads of damage, so not much Codies can do about it.
All in all it feels like you're just complaining for the sake of it. Go buy a puppy and cheer up.

I bought pre-orders by watching images Engine sound is considerably better I can hear turbo sound of Ferrari properly,Although dissatisfaction is official, some signboards such as Heineken etc. are still different from tne real ones at tne sign of F1 2018,The players are looking forward to listen to the engine sound that is the same as genuine on the replay onboard image, Halo played in other games, but it does not matter if you get used to it, but it also comes with the real thing

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing