F1 2018 Check out the New Codemasters F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have been making trailers again... this time showing off the official F1 2018 gameplay video in all its glory...

Just under one month to go and then it is release time for the next official Formula One game from Codemasters, and to help gather up some hype and excitement for the next title Codemasters have put together a new trailer... the first official gameplay video showcasing what's new and exciting in F1 2018.

Coming in at just over two minutes in length the latest trailer isn't exactly short either, and does a very nice job of showcasing what looks very much like a new game worthy of the official Formula One licence..

Of course no new information about F1 2018 would be complete without some words from F1 2018 Game Director Lee Mather, which can be seen reprinted below:

“The Career mode is the central point of the game and has been greatly expanded with the inclusion of pressurised press interviews that will directly affect your path through the sport. There is also far more flexibility for the player, including the ability to select your own rival and negotiate team moves during the season. The Career mode also expands the player’s research and development options, with each F1® team now having its own unique technology tree with differing strengths and weaknesses. What’s more, F1® 2018’s Career will also feature significant rule changes between seasons during the Career for the first time.

“The game’s handling has also been reworked using real world F1® data to give us new suspension and chassis physics, as well as the introduction of manually deployed ERS. This all means that the cars feel great to drive and you can really feel the difference between the modern cars and the 20 classics there are in the game. There is a huge contrast between the low aero, low grip cars from the 1970s compared to the 2018 cars.”

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 1.jpg
F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 2.jpg
F1 2018 Gameplay Trailer 3.jpg

For more news and discussion around the upcoming new Formula One title, don't forget to check out the F1 2018 Sub Forum and get yourself involved in the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of the new F1 game? Do you think this has the potential to be the best F1 game released so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
After watching the trailer I really want this game and I want to play it however without VR support I just can't see me getting or playing it, without it it's such a deal breaker and such a shame as this looks like a very complete package and finally an excellent improvement on visuals.

I fired up F1 2016 yesterday just to get back into it. I normally buy this title every two or three years.
I remember you've said it earlier Isaac, and ok, I got your point but really... your "only every two years" skipping policy may not be the happiest solution - on long term.
If there's any game from the series that may be skipped ...it may be 2015. Maybe.
'17 is so much better than '16 in my and oh so many others opinion.
You missing a lot with having only '16. Wish I have your willpower. :D
At least you can say now "2018, it's your turn!". ;)
Let's brace and pray for the best. :)

I am still getting it because I'm a total F1 fan and I am weak!..lol I have all their F1 Games, but to be honest I am not that excited about it.

Again, No AI driver changes(Silly Season) or AI contract negotiations with other teams. It's just you and you alone in your F1 imaginary RPG world so it makes all the nice new features meaningless IMO. It is not a "Career Mode" without it. I don't want to hear about the BS excuse about licensing because it's total BS IMO. Make it happen Codie, you've had the F1 license for many years and pay top $$$ for it. Negotiate this supposed bogus driver changes licence if true. You had enough time to do it!. But it looks GOOD!...SMH

Why do you need to remove the center of the Halo? This is a game of F1 2018 it is strange why some people refuse the same experiences as genuine

In VR leaving it would be fine enough as you have the same depth vision and ability to see “through” it same as real life, you are focusing further up the road anyway. On a 2D screen though it just blocks the centre view with no way around it

So guys have you watched any gameplay of f1 2018?
the only thing i wanted was a better AI and not being a train simulator , and it seems they did a fine job , i was watching some gameplay videos and AI cars were making moves on each other relentlessly from various lines ,2 or 3 wide in corners, unlike 2017 that the AI cars kept the line forever in a queue like a train:|

I like more aggressive AI's I mean... who doesn't but maybe in the process of getting the AI more realistic (or should I say more fun to race with) they gone a bit too far ?
Seems like we got 3 wide all over the place now. It almost feel like a Rallycross championship now huh. :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back