Cheating in Race 07?

Hi guys,
I was racing online today at a F3000 server at Zandvoort.

I started on pole, but when I go to starting grid there was a guy (who was starting on P10) on my P1! Then before the lights went on, he already could rev his engine.

Was this just a bug in the game? or was this guy cheating?

It sucks, because I had a stop and go. :(

Ah ok, I guess it's the same bug as with the rolling start, that the right lane slows done and loses 4 positions from the left lane?

Have you thought about any fixes to this in for the league?
I don't really mind someone starting in front of me, but the stop and go penalty just makes you loose too much time.

Or do you think SimBin will fix it in time?

This is bad luck if it strikes you for sure, but we cant solve this for the league of course. But as it looks now it will be standing starts only

Hmm this is a stupid question and its not the right thread, but one day i was in a pro public server and the laptimes on everytrack was extremly good, i with some other guys doing low 1,41 times during race at Valencia, same at Zandvoort we were doing 1,47 times during race. I thought i found supersetup for the Alfa but after this its impossible to do this times again, cant be speedbug becouse it was session after session at this server, anybody else experiensed this?

Really wish i would be this fast but surly im not, any ideas what this was?

Hmm this is a stupid question and its not the right thread, but one day i was in a pro public server and the laptimes on everytrack was extremly good, i with some other guys doing low 1,41 times during race at Valencia, same at Zandvoort we were doing 1,47 times during race. I thought i found supersetup for the Alfa but after this its impossible to do this times again, cant be speedbug becouse it was session after session at this server, anybody else experiensed this?

Really wish i would be this fast but surly im not, any ideas what this was?

I've had similar effects of 'tuned' laptimes when I was setting up BMW M3 Challenge dedicated Server in a WinXP VM on a Linux Server using VMWare Server without caring about proper timesync between VMWare host and guest systems.

was on zandvoort the other day and someone from the back of the grid ploughed up the middle hitting every car while waiting for lights to come on. when lights went off we were all on the grass or pushed into the wall - hurling abuse at the guy, who kindly decided to leave after causing the chaos - hence why I appeared here.

Hope this bug can be fixed soon.

That option is already in the game Skipys! The server admin can decide to mark the option "Prevent false starts" but never use that. It takes away all the tension build up with a start because everybody can throttle at the same time

• Andy Marsden

Yeah there is more tension waiting for the lights to turn green and running the risk of a false start :D
I've recently discovered (mainly due to GTL as the false start rev issue happens in single player unlike Race 07 which holds you there) that mapping a button to the clutch and holding this down allows you to rev without jumping forward, as soon as the lights are green let go of the button ('drop' the clutch) and away you go!

Andy

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing