Cheapest place to find a G25/27

Derpy

The Flying Scotsman
Hello everyone,
Yes i am on the hunt for a new wheel and pedals, recently the Thrustmaster 458i has become loose, little unresponsive and the pedals are beginning to stick and creak.
I't soley focused on my mind to get a G25/27 as i'm not made of money (i'm merely a lowly Gardener) however everywhere i look i see this bits of kit for £100+ for second hand stuff that may only be a wheel or something is missing and broken. Is this about the right price range for a non complete or non functioning G25 (if it is i may need to bring out the begging bowl).
Does anyone know of a source that isn't ebay or amazon that retails these things for a not too bad price but at the same time doesn't try to rip me off by selling me half complete wheels for triple figure prices!

I'll be more specific, if i could get a G25 ordered tonight (working etc) i would part with the £80 in my hand right now, however i'll happily save to get one but i don't fancy paying £300 for a complete unit... some of us mere mortals only just survive ;)
Any help would be most appreciated!

The thing with shopping second hand is that its more of a hunt than a matter of retail comparison shopping. You haunt the usual spots like craiglist or ebay or whatever and then pounce when what you're looking for arrives. I was on the prowl for a DFGT last year and I knew what I wanted to pay for it and I just kept checking my local craigslist til it arrived.

Second hand tends not to be terribly reliable (though DFGT for ~$50 in North America seems about as reliable as it gets). Its like going to a flea market except we have the advantage that there are relatively so few products in the range we're looking for that seeing what we want specifically is statistically more likely. Patience is all I can advice. Patience saw me get a brand new Saitek X52 and Pro Flight Rudder pedal for $90 as a package. Unopened plastic and all.

Patience leads to luck. The only reliable way to get used stuff that doesn't suck tends to be if there's a place that does refurb'd stuff but thats pretty unusual and generally more of a console thing with Xbox controllers and the like.

Upvote 0
Cheers for that, The UK market for second hand stuff like this however seems to be non existent when it comes to value. I have literally just found only a g25 wheel going for £80 second hand (maybe, could have more previous owners).
So thats $118.88 just for a wheel, no shifter, no pedals.... Think i would prefer to buy new however, i mean i wouldn't want to sell my wheel to anyone, even with only 1 owner :p

Upvote 0
seems the most common price for buy it now on g27 is around £150-£175 I'm seeing a few with cheap starting prices 80 quid'ish but not many bids yet so I bet they creep up closer to auction end, probably just a waiting game to find one that goes cheap, but defo doable

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing