Charlie Martin spearheads all female league with RaceDepartment partners RCI

Largly agree but there is a minority who consistantly go too far it seems, otherwise we wouldn't have the calls for "safe spaces" and some members of minorities becoming militant and trying to fight fire with fire. Humans need policing, but the policing needs to be fair and not OTT.

It's just a shame that many feel the need to segregate because of a minority of dbags!
I tend to go full-libertarian and don't fell the need to "police" people (on speech), specially over internet discussions. But it's me... my personal experience taught me that way. Specially because of dbags, that need to get exposed and have their ideas confronted until they fade away. Every time you silence someone before it, the only thing that happens is fortify sht ideas inside their niche, that is also a safe-space that shells their idiocy from the light of reason. And we never really knew if we ain't the idiots lol. I caught myself, in the past, defending a lot of nonsense, but just because I was inside a safe-pace and there was no one there to confront my stupidity. Safe-spaces are comparable to what happens on Allan Poe's "The Mask of the Red Death"... it's a very good allegory to a lot of things that happen today... I really recommend the reading for folks that didn't already.

The biggest barrier for females trying to be successful sim racers is the same one as darts & snooker.There are simply to many men willing to practice for long hours indoors looking at a screen just to get good at their hobby.
It's the same difficulty to everybody, myself (white straight man included). But there are girls that play much better than men... but not because their sex, just because they have more talent and, specially, put more effort over it.

Last edited:
I tend to go full-libertarian and don't fell the need to "police" people (on speech), specially over internet discussions. But it's me... my personal experience taught me that way. Specially because of dbags, that need to get exposed and have their ideas confronted until they fade away. Every time you silence someone before it, the only thing that happens is fortify sht ideas inside their niche, that is also a safe-space that shells their idiocy from the light of reason. And we never really knew if we ain't the idiots lol. I caught myself, in the past, defending a lot of nonsense, but just because I was inside a safe-pace and there was no one there to confront my stupidity. Safe-spaces are comparable to what happens on Allan Poe's "The Mask of the Red Death"... it's a very good allegory to a lot of things that happen today... I really recommend the reading for folks that didn't already.

Just to reiterate I'm not about censoring ideas, speech and discourse. I'm only talking about insults. People can disagree and debate without insults. I do see your point about the problem of forcing people into echo chambers reinforcing their beliefs. But again it's a minority that can't debate without knuckle dragging insults, get rid of that minority and allow the other dissenting voices that don't resort to insults to speak their mind and we can all have healthy discourse and try to find common ground, something that is very lacking in modern society and social media with division in the Western World getting worse year on year IMO. And it's important to note that the liberal left are just as insulting to those they disagree with.

Just to reiterate I'm not about censoring ideas, speech and discourse. I'm only talking about insults. People can disagree and debate without insults. I do see your point about the problem of forcing people into echo chambers reinforcing their beliefs. But again it's a minority that can't debate without knuckle dragging insults, get rid of that minority and allow the other dissenting voices that don't resort to insults to speak their mind and we can all have healthy discourse and try to find common ground, something that is very lacking in modern society and social media with division in the Western World getting worse year on year IMO. And it's important to note that the liberal left are just as insulting to those they disagree with.
IMHO, there is no such thing as "insult"... it's hard to learn, but you may understand that as long as you don't mind, the words wont hurt you. Usually, the insult tells much more about the offender than the offended.

Even them... specially the insult shouldn't be policed, because it's all emotional and subjective stuff. People start insulting each other when they are thinking with the lowest layer of their social skills. When it happens, in my experience, is easier to let them exhaust this feelings or be ashamed by themselves than policing them. They can even find some empathy between each other (yes, it's counter intuitive... but happens a lot).

When you do otherwise and police them, the first instinct of theirs will be turn that into a competition and they will start to look for veiled ways to attack each other, what will start to turn health discussions (by third parties) into completely cr4p.

Ban the insulting parties is not a good thing, because even good forum users can have their very bad days and, specially in this forum, we had a lot of non English speakers (like myself, as everybody already realized by now lol), so a lot of misunderstanding comes from what is lost on translation... well, even between same language speakers, text can easily turn into a barrier. So, we don't need to get that emotional about cursing and things like that.

And you used Liberals as an example, and I think it's the best. A lot of their ideas come from subjective and emotional places... that's why they tend to be that aggressive about everything (and not that Conservatives or even The Libertarian Master Race don't go there, just not as frequently).

Cheers!

Last edited:
IMHO, there is no such thing as "insult"... it's hard to learn, but you may understand that as long as you don't mind, the words wont hurt you. Usually, the insult tells much more about the offender than the offended.

Even them... specially the insult shouldn't be policed, because it's all emotional and subjective stuff. People start insulting each other when they are thinking with the lowest layer of their social skills. When it happens, in my experience, is easier to let them exhaust this feelings or be ashamed by themselves than policing them. They can even find some empathy between each other (yes, it's counter intuitive... but happens a lot).

When you do otherwise and police them, the first instinct of theirs will be turn that into a competition and they will start to look for veiled ways to attack each other, what will start to turn health discussions (by third parties) into completely cr4p.

Ban the insulting parties is not a good thing, because even good forum users can have their very bad days and, specially in this forum, we had a lot of non English speakers (like myself, as everybody already realized by now lol), so a lot of misunderstanding comes from what is lost on translation... well, even between same language speakers, text can easily turn into a barrier. So, we don't need to get that emotional about cursing and things like that.

And you used Liberals as an example, and I think it's the best. A lot of their ideas come from subjective and emotional places... that's why they tend to be that aggressive about everything (and not that Conservatives or even The Libertarian Master Race don't go there, just not as frequently).

Cheers!

I can agree up to a point, but there's a certain level (and I agree non native language speakers will cross a line inadvertantly and should be cut a degree of slack) which is unacceptable IMO, and to me in my many arguments online (I've had a few LOL, best day was when I was slagged off for being a commie on one forum and a Nazi on another;) ) It's very clear when a line has been crossed, we can't have complete freedom, humanity needs some rules....they just need to be flexible when needed as things are often not black and white.

I can agree up to a point, but there's a certain level (and I agree non native language speakers will cross a line inadvertantly and should be cut a degree of slack) which is unacceptable IMO, and to me in my many arguments online (I've had a few LOL, best day was when I was slagged off for being a commie on one forum and a Nazi on another;) ) It's very clear when a line has been crossed, we can't have complete freedom, humanity needs some rules....they just need to be flexible when needed as things are often not black and white.
It's not like RD will change their rules up to this point, but if someday you build a forum of your own I really recommend that you make this experience. I'm pretty sure that you will not be disappointed.

Cheers!

There are plenty of communities that are exclusive.

Men over x age racing, men under x age racing, simracing for dads, simracing for Brits, simracing for French, simracing for Christians, simracing for Latinos, simracing for game x, simracing for console y, simracing for level z.

This is not a bad thing per se, on the contrary it makes a lot of sense in some cases. But when women want to race other women in a high-quality organized series some people get upset? Hmm.

So I can count on RD to cover those too soon, right?

So I feel like a carrot. I want to be treated like a carrot from now on (but meanwhile keep all the normal attributes of something that kind of resembles a human being, of course). Is there a sim racing group for carrots? Are you going to cover it as well if there are enough carrots?

I think none of us have a problem with female (or whatever gender or orientation I cannot keep up with) sim racers; I think people have become a bit tired of all the "awareness" and "attention" we have to give all the time to people who don't feel like they are treated the same way.

I don't know whose quote it is, but it goes something like "if you have to explicitly state that something is not different, it is different". I get rejected from all kinds of bull too, for example jobs, girlfriends, you know it. Can I raise attention for the fact that I'm ugly, for my outspokenness, for my perceived arrogance (because I'm sadly far too often right), for the fact that I don't wear jeans, or don't really fit in with the office crowd for other reasons? No, but I deal with it.

Ze point: the solution kind of lies in our cultures and education, and in my opinion not in this kind of stuff.

Also, boys will be boys like girls will be girls. I'm still trying to get into this yoga club.

USA
o I feel like a carrot. I want to be treated like a carrot from now on (but meanwhile keep all the normal attributes of something that kind of resembles a human being, of course). Is there a sim racing group for carrots? Are you going to cover it as well if there are enough carrots?

Man oh man, how you've hit the nail on the head with all of your comments. The only problem I can see that you and I may have is I feel like a Rabbit and since you're a Carrot :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think none of us have a problem with female (or whatever gender or orientation I cannot keep up with) sim racers; I think people have become a bit tired of all the "awareness" and "attention" we have to give all the time to people who don't feel like they are treated the same way.
Yep. I'm a "live and let live" type of guy, but when it comes to all of this tribal stuff (groups) I'm just tired of it. I love that there is a league for women.....real women, this isn't it. Then you have the Queen of racing Sabine Schmitz who didn't need anything, she just got her head down and kicked everyone's butt:notworthy: God Bless her for blessing us with her smile and talent.

Btw, since we've supposedly gotten rid of genders, especially here in the US of Anarchy, why are we even having this discussion. I thought we were all just, whatever we are, in the same damn gene soup:O_o: so there should only be 1 league or am I missing something?

I don't know whose quote it is, but it goes something like "if you have to explicitly state that something is not different, it is different". I get rejected from all kinds of bull too, for example jobs, girlfriends, you know it. Can I raise attention for the fact that I'm ugly, for my outspokenness, for my perceived arrogance (because I'm sadly far too often right), for the fact that I don't wear jeans, or don't really fit in with the office crowd for other reasons? No, but I deal with it.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ze point: the solution kind of lies in our cultures and education, and in my opinion not in this kind of stuff.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also, boys will be boys like girls will be girls. I'm still trying to get into this yoga club.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Amen to that. Where was this kind of thinking when I was a teenager? I mean, I've been a lesbian all of my life;), but to get to identify as a girl and get into the girls locker and dressing rooms................heaven. Another thing, most of the pick-up trucks in the parking lot of my high school had gun racks.........with guns in them and NOBODY ever got shot.......just saying.

@SvenUilhoorn we've never met, but I feel like I have a brother wherever you are. Your age gives me hope for the future. With young people like you and my daughter, we just might make it out alive and with our heads still on our shoulders. Great reading your post. Don't be a stranger:thumbsup:

Cheers

...how was the event btw?

I didn't see any coverage of the results...

...was good? plenty of people? served the cause? new group founded?

What about RCI? Still in business with RD?

I know the event is now passed but not a word...

USA

To be honest with you, I won't be keeping up with this league so I don't know.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Norway
So I can count on RD to cover those too soon, right?

Talk about being fashionably late, but still not having read the 13 first pages?
To repeat what's been said earlier, this is hosted by an RD-Partner. RD extremely rarely cover any league/championship that RD is not involved with.
So, if RD or RCI fire up a championship for people 70+, then that will be covered as well. However if Random League Organizers do a championship, that won't be covered by RD.

It's quite easy really.

RCI is still in business with RD. It's mostly up to them if they want to push on with articles on RD or not. With that being said, with the exception of the announcement/Sign-Up, there hasn't been any more frontpage articles about RaceDepartment Rally Championship, RaceDepartment GT Championship or RaceDepartment GP Championship either. Even though the various championships are entirely RD In-House championships, and one of them is even halfway through the season.

The Diamond Drive Cup (the one in this article) is not finished either. 3 out of 6 races are done. Race 4 is today (24th March).
38 drivers have been participating in the series. No grid smaller than 34 drivers from what I can see.

In terms of stream-numbers, it seems like the races are just like any other race for RCI.

There is an old proverb in Portuguese that says "quem lacra não lucra"... don't have an even close translation because of the "lacrar" verb, but we can barely translate as "go woke, won't get dough".

They failed, as was supposed to. No news here... only an "I told so" :roflmao:

The Diamond Drive Cup (the one in this article) is not finished either. 3 out of 6 races are done. Race 4 is today (24th March).
38 drivers have been participating in the series. No grid smaller than 34 drivers from what I can see.

In terms of stream-numbers, it seems like the races are just like any other race for RCI.

Thanks, not being involved with RCI so I lost track of the events.

I am more interested on the outcome of such event too to be honest, too many noble intents were declared when announcing it so I am expecting to see a big change for the LGTB+ community inside simracing scene now ;)

Last edited:
Talk about being fashionably late, but still not having read the 13 first pages?
To repeat what's been said earlier, this is hosted by an RD-Partner. RD extremely rarely cover any league/championship that RD is not involved with.
So, if RD or RCI fire up a championship for people 70+, then that will be covered as well. However if Random League Organizers do a championship, that won't be covered by RD.

I've read the first 13 pages. Admittedly skipped some replies because of bad formatting or just-too-much-text-yo.

Meanwhile, me and my fellow carrots are preparing a partnership. Call it a carrot you can't refuse.

Soon.

UHF79

Premium
I've read the first 13 pages. Admittedly skipped some replies because of bad formatting or just-too-much-text-yo.

Meanwhile, me and my fellow carrots are preparing a partnership. Call it a carrot you can't refuse.

Soon.
I think you'll get some resistance to a carrot based series as its a phallic symbol!