Charlie Martin spearheads all female league with RaceDepartment partners RCI

The Diamond Drive Cup Aims To Better Represent Female & Non-Binary Drivers Within Sim Racing

Charlie Martin has partnered up with Racing Club International to host the Diamond Drive Cup in celebration of International Women’s Day and to help promote female & non-binary drivers within the sim racing scene.

As the female representation within the real world of motorsport continues to grow it’s only natural that their representation within sim racing will continue to grow as well. One of the real-world drivers trying to help that representation grow is Charlie Martin, her efforts on and off the track are inspiring more female & transgender individuals to get involved in pursuing a career in motorsport and now she’s trying to do the same, but for sim racing instead.

The Diamond Drive Cup is the next step for Charlie Martin to encourage more female & non-binary drivers to get involved in sim racing. The championship will consist of five 60-minute races & one 90-minute finale, the series will only be open to female & non-binary drivers to encourage more drivers of this nature to get involved in sim racing and grow the representation beyond its current level.

All of this will require a serious amount of work though, and that’s where Racing Club International - Powered by RaceDepartment (RCI) comes in. RCI are an Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC) focused sim racing community founded in May 2020. In the 8 months since the community was established, they’ve grown to over 4500 members and host weekly championships as well as monthly endurance races for drivers of all skill levels.

That last part is important too as the Diamond Drive Cup won’t just be looking for the best talent they can find, but will instead be welcoming drivers of any skill level to participate in the series. This, accompanied by the coaching services RaceFace SpeedLabs will be offering to any participant entered into the series is a fantastic opportunity for new drivers to get involved in sim racing and also presents an opportunity for the established to put their talent on display.

The championship is set to start on the 3rd of March at the newly released Oulton Park circuit from the British GT DLC followed by Kyalami & Imola. The second half of the championship will start at Barcelona before heading to the Nürburgring and finishing the season at Spa on the 7th of April with a 90-minute finale which will see the drivers transition from day to night conditions.

If you’re interested in following the Diamond Drive Cup you can watch it live on the RCI TV YouTube channel on Wednesday evenings at 19:00 UTC. And if you fancy joining the Diamond Drive Cup, or checking out RCI and any of their other series, you can join their Discord for more information.

ACC.jpg

speedyx56

Be gay do crime
Premium
Oct 16, 2010
Looking forward to it ! @OneRoseyMia and myself will be representing Jean Alesi eSports Academy in the championship, hoping to add this title to our collection after Simgrid's More Female Racers S2. :sneaky:

mikej714

Racing Club International
Premium
Dec 9, 2019
Please forgive me for being a bit confused by the headline, it says all female league, but it is open to non binary participants. Does a non binary person have to identify solely as female to participate? In which case are they non binary?
Head Administrator from RCI here

Perhaps a misleading title in that regard, it is open to all female, NB, AG, etc drivers. Basically anyone who does not identify as male!

Medilloni

2000RPM
Premium
Mar 18, 2018
The Diamond Drive Cup Aims To Better Represent Female & Non-Binary Drivers Within Sim Racing

For what reason? Why the f^&% would you publish this garbage Paul? Racing is who wins no matter what they 'identify' as, end of . If women are 'better', or someone who 'identifies' as Kermit The Frog is faster, who gives a toss, let's see them do it - they haven't so far.

The only people who give credence to this garbage are social justice warriors, the longer ppl hang on to the 67+ sexes that have a 'right', the worse society gets. Men have a dick, women have t!ts, get over it.

Edit: If this is the level of RD now, stick a fork in it.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2008
Head Administrator from RCI here

Perhaps a misleading title in that regard, it is open to all female, NB, AG, etc drivers. Basically anyone who does not identify as male!
Thanks for clearing that up, yeah it's perhaps easier to say no men allowed. But I suppose anyone can identify as whatever that like without it being questioned, so I'm not sure how one would stop people with appendages exploiting that and participating?

May 30, 2015

For what reason? Why the f^&% would you publish this garbage Paul? Racing is who wins no matter what they 'identify' as, end of . If women are 'better', or someone who 'identifies' as Kermit The Frog is faster, who gives a toss, let's see them do it - they haven't so far.

The only people who give credence to this garbage are social justice warriors, the longer ppl hang on to the 67+ sexes that have a 'right', the worse society gets. Men have a dick, women have t!ts, get over it.

it generates clicks thus money, and perhaps an influx of woman / non-binary who will join Racedep, and subscribe to the premium or more income via the advertisements.

Honestly if you want to do it good.. Do an all female league, a non-binary man to female league and a non-binary female to male league, so males, female, and what ever there's are all even. A man transiting or identiying as female always has upper over females and females to man-transiting/identifying. Just the same why transgender in woman competition always win, cause they will appear to have the bulky mass of a man.

Anyway. Lets see what the Diamond League will bring. I love woman football. Specially when its a Euro Cup or a World Cup, because they are covered the most on Television.

By the way if you really want to do it good you just place everyone in the same league; male, female, non-binary, bi, lesbian, gay, transgender or what ever you are or what ever parafilia you've. Why? Cause all do have different setups aka simrigs, so it doens't really matter what you are, cause there's already a lot of variations/variables.

At last an all woman league or an all men league is technically discrimination, so yeah. but that's another story, haha.

Last edited:

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Why the f^&% would you publish this garbage Paul?
First of all, it's not Paul. Secondly RCI and RD have a partnership, exchange of talent, know-how, PR etc.
This is hosted on RCI's Discord, races on RCI's YouTube, this isn't even an RD-event in the traditional way (as in, this is not RDGTC, RDRC etc. there's a reason why this is on the "general" forum).

Nov 21, 2008
To be perfectly fair, motorsport is one of the only sporting disciplines where it doesn't matter what you were born as, identify as, or what is between your legs. Once you're in the cockpit it's about how fast you can go, that's it. Sim racing levels the playing field even further by removing the physical stresses that in a few cases may hold back a woman from real life progression.
I think sim racing is as level a playing field as one could possibly envisage, and as such it should be segregation free. If someone is quicker than me (and many are), I will (like most) doff my cap, regardless of their race, sex, etc. None of that stuff is relevant.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Goodness me... some people in this thread are already brilliantly proving why series like this one are so badly needed.
It's always the case when issues like the W-series (and alike) are mentioned on this website. I don't know why some people throw such childish tantrums. No one is forcing anybody to get involved or even pay attention. If their little world is suddenly upside down because there's a female simracing league, they're really, really fragile. There's always a solution: ignore the subject and move on.

mikej714

Racing Club International
Premium
Dec 9, 2019
Goodness me... some people in this thread are already brilliantly proving why series like this one are so badly needed.
I was just thinking the same thing. The egos :rolleyes:

We're running this series because Charlie and her friends at Turn1 asked to help us support IWD this year and promote females getting into sim racing -- and while in theory, people are correct, ESPECIALLY with esports everyone is on an equal fields (debates aside about IRL, I'm not even touching that) - but that doesn't mean that as an entry level it isn't sometimes daunting to jump into a field with a lot of egos and bad vibes.

Last edited:

VernWozza

500RPM
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
To anyone struggling with this.

Can you really deny that the W series hasn’t done great things for female drivers in motorsport? This is surely aiming to do the same thing.

To the guy who didn’t read the article and blamed Paul for something he didn’t write or publish, and went straight to the comments to vent, don’t worry, you don’t need to take part. This article was to highlight this league to many of the female drivers and non binary drivers we have on RD and yes, there are quite a few.

And to the chap who thinks we are doing this for clicks and cash. Honestly, I just thought it was a pretty cool initiative and wanted to highlight it to anyone who might be interested.

In short I stand by RCI for doing this league.

CDwyer

250RPM
Dec 18, 2014
I wonder if it is the same people wanting ranked races and events, who are claiming, the likes of "sim racing is as level a playing field as one could possibly envisage, and as such it should be segregation free"
{quote taken as an example, not indented to point fingers at any individual]

Last edited:
Reactions: sergheo