Changing your PROFILE name In Game

Sorry if I should know this, or appear dumb, but in order to change your name in GTR Evo is the only way to create a new profile?

If you create a new profile all your settings for the new profile are defaulted - I was wondering if simply changing the name in My Documents/Steam/User Data (the one in the same place as Custom Skins has now been moved to) would have the effect of changing your profile name whilst keeping all your profile settings??

I have already used the create a new profile and then change settings route, but if there is an easier way it may be useful if it was noted in the guide for people signing up to RD??

This should help.

Robert Firicano said:
I have a solution for you to change your name in GTR Evolution without having to get your Steam account changed. This process will allow you to keep all your controller and other game settings.

There are two ways to do this. Each listed below.

1. If you want to keep your original profile for when racing off-league.

1. In GTR Evo, create a new profile using your real name.
  2. Exit GTR Evo.
  3. Go to your My Documents / SimBin / Race07 / UserData folder.
  4. You will see a folder for your old profile, and a folder for your new profile.
  5. Open the folder for the new profile you just created, and delete all the files.
  6. Open the folder for your old profile, select all the files and choose copy.
  7. Open the folder for the new profile, and choose Paste.
  8. In th folder for the profile, rename the .PLR and .GAL files that have your old profile name to your new profile name. Be sure to leave the .PLR and .GAL extensions.

2. if you don't want to keep your old profile, and instead just want to rename it to your real name.

1. Go to your My Documents / Simbin / Race07 / UserData folder.
  2. Open the folder with your profile name.
  3. Rename the .PLR and .GAL files to your real name. Be sure to leave the .PLR and .GAL extensions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 143 13.8%