Changing weather on dedicated server?

Nope.
Multiplayer is still vastly restricted in terms of the variables you can add to it :(
No dynamic time of day, no ambient temps other than 26C, and no weather scenarios other than clear.

Argh, the damn glare on clear days totally white outs my vision at certain points on the track, is there a way to limit or better still remove the glare effect?

Argh, the damn glare on clear days totally white outs my vision at certain points on the track, is there a way to limit or better still remove the glare effect?
Hopefully all those things will be implemented someday.

To reduce the glare you can try using a different post processing filter (if you have PP turned on).

The page up and down keys adjust brightness. I've found that a quick fix to glare when your in game.
Yeah I just saw another thread where someone suggested this to @Blkout I'll give it a try as Ive been running with light cloud to obscure the sun in single player but I'm blinded on multiplayer.

So now that there is the option to adjust the weather on a dedicated server I wonder if I can also use weather-mods on my server? Or will users who don’t have that mod installed be unable to join the server?

So now that there is the option to adjust the weather on a dedicated server I wonder if I can also use weather-mods on my server? Or will users who don’t have that mod installed be unable to join the server?
the weather doesnt run on the server, all it does is broadcast the name of the weather preset to the client, and the client loads that weather. e.g. server says 6_mid_clouds,
client loads that, if client has modded 6_mid_clouds, then the client sees their modded weather. obviously clients can have different versions of 6_mid_clouds and as a result see slightly different weather

if you are thinking of weather mods like night mode or whatever then all clients will need to have that installed, otherwise i guess the clients will fall back to some default weather

So…the problem is that I have quite a number of weather mods installed and I don’t know which ones are the original weather modes which I’d use for my server.

So…the problem is that I have quite a number of weather mods installed and I don’t know which ones are the original weather modes which I’d use for my server.
the ones to use are the ones named 1_heavy_fog 2_light fog etc. up to 7_heavy_clouds

these are the 7 that ship with the game so everyone will have. this is why it is best practice to just modify those 7 weathers when it comes to graphics mods (id suggest running just one mod at a time for this reason too, and just using a tool like JSGME to easily swap between them as desired). this way will always get the correct weather from the mod in mp, career etc.

Reactions: F_B

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing