Changing Track Elevation

Is there a way to change a tracks elevation without having to do it by each node?
I'm building an oval track and turns 3 and 4 need to be about 6 degrees higher than Turns 1 and 2.
I see there is a way to rotate the track but I am missing it if there is an option to pivot the track to accomplish this with all nodes selected.
Thanks for any help.

I take it you're really talking about banking the turns? In my experience, to achieve smooth banking in BTB, you'll need to adjust it in small sections as you transition from flat to fully banked. This was illustrated to me when I had to bank the "bowl turn" of Streets of Willow Springs to its proper 20 deg of banking.

There are two tools you can use for banking turns: the camber tool and the cross section tool. The cross section tool is probably the best choice, but there are tradeoffs when using either one.

I'm not too good at explaining things with a keyboard so I made an image of what I'm trying to do :smile:
The bottom is the side view of the track and I want the right side higher than the left.

btbel.jpg

Do you really need all those nodes? You might be able to adjust the heights manually if you delete as many as possible. You can adjust the control points to correct the shapes of the corners.

You could try this, it should work. Backup your venue file first though!

Select the node in the red square and raise it by the 6 degrees.
Then select all the nodes in the green square, right click and choose Smooth Selected Control Points-Height Only.
Then repeat for Smooth Selected Nodes-By Height

Then do the same selecting all the nodes in the blue square.

That should give you a smooth tilt from one end to the other. It will only affect the track, any terrain will still need to be adjusted.

Attachments

• btbel2.jpg
    btbel2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 270
Thanks guys!!
I took R Soul's advice and removed some of the nodes and then did like you said Chub.
I had to do a little adjusting to one side probably because the first node wasn't centered with the track ( It was centered in the pic above but it wasn't after I removed some nodes and adjusted it) but after that I did a Smooth Selected Control Points to all of them and it is just great.
Now I can continue work on the track. I didn't want to do any more until I got that right.
Thanks again :smile:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • < 5 years