F1 2013 Changing tires during race?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Alright!

I got to Austin where it was pouring down, practice, q1, q2, q3 and race (according to forecast). So before the race i choose 2 wet sets (i only drive 25% races due to time). Of i go to my 14 lap race. Doing well, had a 2nd to pole-start and i was due to pit in on lap 7.

Lap 1-5 i'm doing alright holding my place. The guy on the radio starts chatting about weatherimprovement. So ill figure the team's gonna set me up with green interm. tires....but NO.

I get wet-tyres again!? And ill try to manage as good as I can. After 2 more laps of drifting around Austin dropping 5 places the guy on the radio says other teams are doing better laps with interm. tyres. The next lap they say, ok pit in so we can get you on intermediate. Sure thing, so i pit in.

What do i get!? Wet-friggin-tyres again?!

So i ended up at 18th....

How do i command the pitcrew what tyres i want in the next pit? And do the drivers really decide that much irl? When to pit and what tyres, to fuel up or not? I thought the team manager sorted that out, all the drivers had to think about was driving?

Kind regards,
Robert

This special feature (get what you're given), has been around for all 4 F1 20xx releases. ;)

You should always select your tyres from the quick menu (brake balance and fuel settings are there also). This ensures you get what you want.

Select them on your in-lap is best, even as you drive up the pit lane if you want (especially if you are at the far end). You are less busy at that point, but make it quick! :)

They kept giving you full wets because that was your strategy you'd set before the race. The "AI" isn't sophisticated enough to adjust to the weather conditions. As Graham said: you need to chose the compounds on our own.
The same goes for stops after an accident. If you get a drive through penalty AND you need to change your wing first, just chose a set of tyres (even the same compound). That tells the game you want to do a pit stop first instead of serving the penalty and then doing a another whole lap without a front wing...

I have look in your key mappings for the 4 QUICK MENU keys. I have mine remapped to the WSAD keys, the default maybe the arrow keys, or depending on your wheel/contoller the DPAD.

It's a multi-menu. Where you might switch the fuel to RICH by pressing DPAD UP 3 times, or DPAD Right, Up Up for Option tyres ( made these up, as I can't remember every menu move)

G27 and DFGT Pro have them default to the DPAD

The menus is only available on track but not in Time Trial

Wheel2_zps8dc108be.png

I finally found an image of the menu in use below (left centre), except this one is broken, it should have a fuel menu too, not just tyre and brakes :-

fJiMKDN.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 375 28.2%