Changing the viewpoint in RSRBR - VR

Discussion in 'RBR Setups' started by DCSThor, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DCSThor

DCSThor

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everyone.
    I recently purchased Richard Burns Rally and managed to get everything working in VR. Needless to say the game is a blast even without the mods.
    Then I tried to get RSRBR to run in VR and it does flawlessly! But everytime i try to drive a mod-car the camera gets place in strange places. Sometimes i sit inside the roof sometimes my head is place directly at the exhaust (maybe RBR is trying to tell me something ;-P)

My question is: Is there any way to move the viewpoint inside the car, like there is in e.g assetto corsa.

Thanks for your help,
    Have a nice day!

Edit: Sorry I`m new in the forum - this is the wrong subsection! How can I move the thread?

2. porridge

porridge

Ratings:
    +36
    Sorry for this late reply. Your report seems very strange but maybe VR affects the cameras in a way I'll never know. Anyway, the best way to edit cameras is Pacenote Plugin by The Bee: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pacenote-plugin-support-download.62725/

RSRBR has a version of the plugin integrated but I doubt it's the latest one, so better reinstalling the whole thing. The current version has a VR-related feature to make something easier so check out the readme file too.

In case you have further questions, I recommend asking them in https://old.reddit.com/r/simrally/ or in RBR Zone Discord channel or anywhere else but here. This forum is dead, I'm the only one reading these posts, so if I have no clue or can't be arsed to spend 5 mins to reply, you're in trouble, my friend.

3. WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Ratings:
    +109
    Yes my friend, dead and buried.

Anyway, The Beast, a.k.a. Pacenote plugin should do the trick.
    I suppose the standard cameras of these cars are just crap. Don't think that VR actually changes anything related to the camera position and target vectors.

4. DCSThor

DCSThor

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply.
    I solved my problem with camhack - which is integrated in rsrbr! I also tried Pacenote, but that seemed to conflict with rbr-vr. So camhack is the solution for vr users in my opinion.
    Anyway thanks for the tip with the reddit group i will look over there for sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.