Changing the on screen information

T

tienzyee

• tienzyee

I called the on screen information as the information on top left of the screen as well as the countdown 3,2,1 (traffic light)

Is it possible for me to change the information shown on the top left of the screen into something like, number of accidents (when collide with other cars)

and adding information on the screen such as "You're going too fast", "You're leading 2 sec" or anything else as the game move on.

I can't find similar information on the documentation file.

please advice, thank you

• tienzyee

You can bring up all sorts of **** by pressing CTRL + 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / etcetera.

Yes, it provides additional information, but is there any way for me to change it or reprogram it to display other thing?

and what about adding information on the screen such as "You're going too fast", "You're leading 2 sec"

really, you guys who's been using this simulator for some time can't see any possibilities to it?

• Tiberius

really, you guys who's been using this simulator for some time can't see any possibilities to it?

Aha. Well when you've found a way, let us all know, would you? :smile:

You can do a certain amount with scripts, but as the stuff you can input or output is really limited, you're really stuck with making simple scripts which change the time or the weather or reset your car 2.5km away etc. The other way I had fun with was getting into Racer's memory and reading/writing stuff from there, if the addresses stayed constant you could make some really nice plugins that way, but alas the memory addresses change constantly and as most people take a pretty dim view of that sort of thing, there's not much info on it..

So unless we go over to the Netherlands and kidnap Ruud and hold him hostage until he codes us a nice scripting system, there's not really much we're able to do about it :tongue:

• Tiberius

I have looked at the ini, and there is not much there you can change. Using the unix "strings" on racer.exe might reveal something though.. just a suggestion..

Now you've lost me, how would unix strings reveal anything? :tongue:

The closest I've got is looking through the 050 source. I realize it's years old but from what I could see from memory calls and parts like the map file, some parts (at least the parts I'd be interested in - engine, drivetrain, suspension etc) still seem to be relatively similar to how they were then. Eventually I'd like to get a version of 050 compiled with some extra goodies, switchable dampers, auto shifting, forced induction etc. Just as proof of concept really :smile:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back