Changing the default sky in RBR

S

SPERGER

• SPERGER

Can anyone tell me how I can change the default sky that is used when i export my projects to RBR. Any help gratefully received.

carl

_.gif

There are a lot of fantastic skies in cgtextures. It is a really simple task to use them with the skydome object I created

http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=23740

1) Install GIMP.
2) File->Open and we select the sky image file
3) Filters->Distorsions->Polar coord
View attachment 19187
4) Click on OK
5) Image->Image autocrop
6) Image->Image scale. Select a new size for the image, power of 2, for example 1024x1024. Click OK
View attachment 19188
7) File->Save as

If we save the image in dds format, using the new texture is as easy as replacing one of the original sky textures from Cielos.zip with the new one (extract contents, replace, compress again).

I created 32 more skies from cgtextures' textures:
Cielos2 (16 new textures from cgtextures.com) http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzdx2iydzyb/Cielos2.zip
Cielos3 (16 new textures from cgtextures.com) http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnjwmjfn2j1/Cielos3.zip
Excellent work!!. just what I was looking for !. But, how do I install or change each of the skies, friend? It is only valid for BTB or can I also change the sky of the original sections?
I would appreciate if you could tell me how to change them.
Excuse my English.

In case of original tracks you have to edit TrackSettings.ini and weather settings there.
Parameter - CloudName.
Here is the list of available skies:

Us_clear
Us_clear02
Us_clouded
Us_clouded02
Us_partly_clouded
Us_partly_clouded02
Us_overcast
Us_overcast02
Us_precipitation
Us_precipitation02
Us_precipitation_pc
Us_precipitation02_pc

There are couple other parameters to play with. Send me an e-mail to trackbuilding(at)gmail.com and I can send you my notes about them. Weather settings in TrackSettings.ini are quite complex, but maybe you can get some picture how they work.

In case of original tracks you have to edit TrackSettings.ini and weather settings there.
Parameter - CloudName.
Here is the list of available skies:

Us_clear
Us_clear02
Us_clouded
Us_clouded02
Us_partly_clouded
Us_partly_clouded02
Us_overcast
Us_overcast02
Us_precipitation
Us_precipitation02
Us_precipitation_pc
Us_precipitation02_pc

There are couple other parameters to play with. Send me an e-mail to trackbuilding(at)gmail.com and I can send you my notes about them. Weather settings in TrackSettings.ini are quite complex, but maybe you can get some picture how they work.
HI!, Seend to mail. Check your mail! Tnk!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%