Changing steering lock angle of the wheels

Is it possible to change the steering lock angle of the wheels not the steering ratio in assetto corsa? True some files or app?

You can search for "car tuner". Won't say more about that.
In general the files are encrypted and therefore you can't change them. There's also no setting from the game at all, sadly...

Be careful with modding content: you won't be able to connect to a server using that content! So make a copy, name it differently and then figure out how to mod it for your own enjoyment :)

Just out of interest: which car would you like to change and why?

Without knowing further details I can only add, that I have looked into this "issue" myself and found out, that it does not exist when wheel settings and AC settings are correct.

It does not matter (to me), if you have a 900 degree turning wheel with a 400 degree turning car as there is no need to turn the wheel further given that wheel and virtual wheel are in sync and FFB is fully applied all the way.

I do not need to feel a hardware lock from the wheel itself (in my case) - but at least for my previous wheel - it compressed FFB effects and made them less realistic and that can be an issue I do not want to have.

So if you experience wheel and virtual wheel being out of sync, then locking the wheel would be a cure for a problem, that can be solved quite elegantly.

I think it's about issues like some F1 cars not turning in far enough so you can't do some corners properly. So you'd need more tyre angle over the same wheel angle. Without touching the sync of wheel and virtual wheel.
You are right with what you say though and you can get the virtual wheel more and less twitchy with desyncing virtual and real wheel but you won't ever get more absolute steering angle from the car!

I think it's about issues like some F1 cars not turning in far enough so you can't do some corners properly. So you'd need more tyre angle over the same wheel angle. Without touching the sync of wheel and virtual wheel.
You are right with what you say though and you can get the virtual wheel more and less twitchy with desyncing virtual and real wheel but you won't ever get more absolute steering angle from the car!

Are you posting in reply to me? If so, we have a misunderstanding: I did not mean to say anything about more or less steering angle of a car. That is impossible as you are correctly saying.

I have all the F1 cars available for AC and they are all turning correctly according to their spec and Monaco is the only track where - i.e. with Kunos F2004 - you cannot make the hairpin down at the harbor. This is not a bug, Ferrari always brought a custom steering set to that specific track because the original car only makes 380 degrees. Kunos does not supply or support Monaco and there you go.

The ACFL F2004 makes the Monaco hairpin though as they tweaked the specs and most of the other F1 I have tried will do. For all the other tracks - no issues, not even in Baku.

Are you posting in reply to me? If so, we have a misunderstanding: I did not mean to say anything about more or less steering angle of a car. That is impossible as you are correctly saying.

I have all the F1 cars available for AC and they are all turning correctly according to their spec and Monaco is the only track where - i.e. with Kunos F2004 - you cannot make the hairpin down at the harbor. This is not a bug, Ferrari always brought a custom steering set to that specific track because the original car only makes 380 degrees. Kunos does not supply or support Monaco and there you go.

The ACFL F2004 makes the Monaco hairpin though as they tweaked the specs and most of the other F1 I have tried will do. For all the other tracks - no issues, not even in Baku.
It wasn't really replied to you, more a general information. I actually never ran into these problems so you have way more knowledge apparently!

Thanks for sharing this and completing this thread :)

Got it and thanks for the compliment ;-)

My observation is that most of the time people raise the steering lock issue because they actually have a wheel and virtual wheel out of sync issue....otherwise there is actually no reason to raise it at all, given wheel drivers, on wheel settings and AC do not mismatch and wheel drivers are up to date of course. Any manual change to this settings chain "leads into the forest" ;-))) as we Germans say...

Persistent issues beyond this major requirement of aligning all settings would sound like a hardware problem to me rather than a settings issue.

OK, let me clear something. For example Steering rotation (540) /2 /steering ratio 12:1=steering lock 22.5(angle at which the tires turns). Where can a see at what lock is my desired car?

Select "DRIVE" in the top, right of CM.
Then hover your mouse over the image of the car in the Box to the upper left.
Four icons pop up.
Select "Manage Car".
You'll see a list of the car's specifications.
Steering Ratio is one of them.

Sorry, don't have time to include a screenshot!

Well, as I said above I do know all cars steering degrees true data-files! Some ppl are mistaken steering degrees with steering lock or softlock. The formula is steering degrees (lock to lock) /2/steering ratio=steering lock(max angle of the wheel). So my question is:where i can see the steering lock or (the angle of the wheel) if I change steering ratio?

Well, as I said above I do know all cars steering degrees true data-files! Some ppl are mistaken steering degrees with steering lock or softlock. The formula is steering degrees (lock to lock) /2/steering ratio=steering lock(max angle of the wheel). So my question is:where i can see the steering lock or (the angle of the wheel) if I change steering ratio?
Code:
STEER_LOCK=485
STEER_RATIO=14.3
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=-0.003
STEER_LOCK -> how many degrees the steering wheel turns from center to lock (so half overall lock)
STEER_RATIO -> multiplier on the rate of turning - so for 14.3, you're going 485/14.3 = 33.9 degrees to one side
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO -> how far the tie rods move per turn on the steering rack (negative in this case because the steering rack is behind the axle so it moves the opposite direction of steering)

Preferred way to set it up is type accurate numbers into the first 2, then adjust the third until turning the wheel 90 degrees ingame gives you 6.3 degrees of angle on the outside tire in the suspension app (you'll need to zero out toe first).

Changing the steering ratio won't affect lock cause they're separate inputs.

AC also has no protection against over-centering, if you increase the ratio without decreasing the lock, you'll turn past where the suspension geometry can handle and the wheels will no longer point forward.

Stereo, doesn't adjusting the angle of the outside wheel until 6.3 reduce the steering ratio? I have notice that in suspension app?Or it doesn't matter in general. One more question, where should I look for the steering rod is it behind or in front of the axel? (suspension app?)

I've had this issue you speak of with a lot of Formula cars in AC, but then again I have a 180 rotation wheel (TSW), so it would be nice to be able to tweak it slightly for each car.
Most folks now have FFB wheels which have wayy more rotation. I am very tempted!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%