General Changing setup default settings

In setup.ini file I can set the max and min of a setting and the step as well. But there is no sign of the default value of the setting in this file. Where can I change it?

Yes, but which one? For example, in my case front wing has 36 possible values, they are defined in FW_AOA_CD file (for drag) and FW_AOA_CL file (for downforce), but none of them has the default value configured. I can't find where these default values are.

let me start this once again. Where are the default gear settings?
if I change the pos_x=2 into pos_x=1 in setup.ini for example, the defaults don't change
And what is set with the pos_y= setting?

Last edited:
drivetrain.ini, setups can be found in C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups
ignore the pos_x=2 etc they're for the box positions on the menus afaik.

Unless you change a setup on track the default gears are the ones in the drivetrain.ini, if you have optional gears they may show as ratios.rto, or 1st.rto, 2nd.rto etc files and optional final gear ratios in a final.rto file but the default gears are still the ones in the drivetrain.ini.

If you change (and save) the setup on track look in the setup folder for the car you used, then the track you were on and for the .ini file that matches the setup you saved (example: setups\ferrari_312t\riverside\test-gears.ini) in this file I have

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=5

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=8

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=9

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=10

Looking at [INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=5
In the data folder I have a file 1st2nd.rto file, if I open that up - the ratio at the top is counted as 0, if I go down to what would be number 5 - this should be the ratio (for 2nd gear) used when the setup is loaded.

Your wing/aero settings can also be found here
[WING_1]
VALUE=3

[WING_2]
VALUE=6 for example

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%