F1 2011 Changing setup before race

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Anybody else finding it annoying that you can change the car setup after qualifying? As far as I was aware pretty much all car settings are meant to be locked in after qually... whereas as it stands everything can be changed. I guess the most important one is gear ratios. Watch F1 pole laps and you'll see them bouncing off the limiter at the end of the long straights because the top gear is set for the race.

Not a major bug, just a bit odd... easy to avoid it by just not changing anything, however last race I quit after qually, and when I came back to do the race the setup wasn't correct (forgot to save it)... so I might have cheated that race :p.

I've noticed that and as such, isn't authentic. When a car is finished for qualifying and goes into Parc Ferme you can only do minor tweaks before the race like tyre pressure and front wing angle. This dissapoints me more than the 11/11 bug.

Yes, but you should plan ahead, see what the race weather is, and make a compromise on Q to have a better race, after all points are won in the race.

It is silly that you can change this given the rules in F1 say you cant.

I'm not sure, but I think when it's raining you are allowed to change your setup for safety reasons. Also, when you are not among the first 10 on the grid you can change your tires. Couldn't it be, that you are allowed to change your setup aswell? Tbh I'm really not sure about this. I do remember that if you managed to set a time in Q3 you are not allowed to change anything. I'll have to check this again, but I think I've had races where I wasn't allowed to change anything and others where I was. I just don't remember what position I gained during Qualifying. I do handle things though the way Wojciech Grabowski does. I just don't change anything unless it's raining. Some goes for the 11/11 bug which I just don't use, the white line at the pit exit which I just don't pass or the overtaking on the inside of the first two corners to gain 10 places after the start. Although the last one doesn't work as well anymore anyway ever since I installed some AI mods... :)

I'm not sure, but I think when it's raining you are allowed to change your setup for safety reasons. Also, when you are not among the first 10 on the grid you can change your tires. Couldn't it be, that you are allowed to change your setup aswell? Tbh I'm really not sure about this. I do remember that if you managed to set a time in Q3 you are not allowed to change anything. I'll have to check this again, but I think I've had races where I wasn't allowed to change anything and others where I was. I just don't remember what position I gained during Qualifying. I do handle things though the way Wojciech Grabowski does. I just don't change anything unless it's raining. Some goes for the 11/11 bug which I just don't use, the white line at the pit exit which I just don't pass or the overtaking on the inside of the first two corners to gain 10 places after the start. Although the last one doesn't work as well anymore anyway ever since I installed some AI mods... :)

Nope, when it's raining (in real life) the teams are allowed to make minor adjustments like tyre pressures, taping up the brake ducts, front wing angle. That's about it. You can make more changes if you're willing to start the race from the pit lane.
If you qualify outside the top 10, you can choose your tyres but you can't change anything else.
All cars are in parc ferme conditions once qualifying starts.

Nope, when it's raining (in real life) the teams are allowed to make minor adjustments like tyre pressures, taping up the brake ducts, front wing angle. That's about it. You can make more changes if you're willing to start the race from the pit lane.
If you qualify outside the top 10, you can choose your tyres but you can't change anything else.
All cars are in parc ferme conditions once qualifying starts.
Correct, they're in Parc Ferme conditions until the start of the race.

One interesting note is that the 2010 Korean GP was red-flagged in Lap 4.
Since Parc Ferme conditions no longer applied, Mercedes changed to a wet setup for both their cars, while most other teams hadn't realised this was possible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%