Changing Qualy length

Msportdan

@Simberia
Before I used to just go to the RFM file, and change qualy duration. But doing the mini, I change to 20mins and it just reverts to 60mins. Is it steam doing this? I cant see how its reverting.

Dan

actually it does work its just one track I tried that keeps going to 60mins. that's floripina.

Last edited:
Not sure if there is a bug in the rfm, but if you add the line to the track gdb file I think it works ok, at least it did on a mod track I just edited for myself:

Try adding
QualifyDuration = 25
QualifyLaps = 10

oh I see now..

the tracks that have these values below override the setting in the rfm file..

Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 11:40
Practice1Duration = 40
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 15:20
Practice2Duration = 40
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 9:00
Practice3Duration = 40
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 11:20
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 20
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 11:10
RaceLaps = 35
RaceTime = 50

the whole section above is in the floripa gdb and aren't in other tracks.so maybe reiza should go through and delete the lines (gdb) so we can use just the rfm files.

Its easier imo to set the RFM files than having to go through all the gdbs.:) or have an external session length setting in game :)

Personally I do not want it removed from the gdb.
Yes it might be convenient, but it's no good for setting the correct details for each track, it's too generic. The length of a race, for example, Interlagos is 71 laps, Silverstone is 52. You can also put other settings, like formation speed, type of start, tyre wear, tyre compounds. I want to be able to set each track correctly, not have to change it every time in the rfm.

Yes that's a good point, the rfm could contain session lengths, type of start, and anything else relevant to that particular car/championship.
That may be how Reiza intend it to be in future - it would explain why they have removed the info from the gdbs (but perhaps overlooked Floripa).
And as long as we can still add things to the gdb as over-rides, then I think it gives maximum freedom to set the different parameters.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%