Changing from G27 to T300?

Hi,

I'm owning a G27 atm. But I want to get to a new wheel.
My brother is driving an old dfgt and want to take my G27.

I think on buying a T300 Ferrari Alcantara wheel cause it starts with T3pa pedals.

Is it worth to change?

Someone told me to buy csl elite pedals and later the fanatec base.
But it's a lot of money and my wife is not happy with it.

My rig is a Playseat Challenge. Two weeks old :)

Well I had a G27 and loved it. But I upgraded to the T500 and do not regret it. The ffb is stronger and more detailed. Also you do not get the rattle that is associated with the G27. The T500 is very quite. By all accounts The T300 is not as powerful as the T500,but the ffb is even more detailed, so the 300 will be you're best option.I would see how you get on with the pedals before buying the Fanatecs.

Upvote 0
Last year I got a T300 and a Playseat challenge: great to use them together!

The plan was to upgrade the pedals but I'm still using the basic ones that came with the wheel… I'm tempted by the CSL pedals but not 100% sure it would work with the seat. I think it would at least required to fix a board to the pedals support, and fix the pedals on this board (I have seen pictures of similar assembly for strong pedals with a Playseat Challenge). The strap from the seat would probably not be enough with a load cell...:)

Upvote 0
I'd upgrade if I were in an area where it's easy to RMA. From my location, it's not easy, as I had to find a way to send it back to Canada after my base had issues just after 2 months, and I had to wait several months before getting it back. Nonetheless, the upgrade is great.

OT: @nockel, how high is your screen from the ground? Been planning on the Challenge to replace my office chair, but I'm still quite skeptical as my triples are on a 30" high table. But this would be moot I guess if I proceed with a CV1.

Upvote 0
I'd upgrade if I were in an area where it's easy to RMA. From my location, it's not easy, as I had to find a way to send it back to Canada after my base had issues just after 2 months, and I had to wait several months before getting it back. Nonetheless, the upgrade is great.

OT: @nockel, how high is your screen from the ground? Been planning on the Challenge to replace my office chair, but I'm still quite skeptical as my triples are on a 30" high table. But this would be moot I guess if I proceed with a CV1.

My screen is on desk in about 80 cm high.
Maybe 10 cm lower will be great. But you can adjust the seat for lower settings to f1 positions.

I'm from Germany, so returning to Canada will be difficult for me too. There is no European sellers for break mod?

Upvote 0
My screen is on desk in about 80 cm high.
Maybe 10 cm lower will be great. But you can adjust the seat for lower settings to f1 positions.

I'm from Germany, so returning to Canada will be difficult for me too. There is no European sellers for break mod?
Aren't there resellers in Germany? How about sending to France?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back