F1 2013 Changing from dry to wet tyres during race

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Ken Hughes

Technically, alcohol IS a solution.
Premium
I started a race on dry tyres. During the race it started to rain and a pit voice message said to change to inters.

I pitted, but they put the same type of drys on as I had before pitting.

I can't see anyway to specify which tyre you want fitting DURING the race itself.

Is there a way, (F1 2013 - PC version)?

Any help will be much appreciated.

As I don't know what controller you are using, check your key or button mappings in the game options.

When on track you use the same keys (in different combinations) as the fuel mix and brake bias settings.

In the options, the keys you are interested in are :-

Quick Menu Up
Quick Menu Down
Quick Menu Left
Quick Menu Right

Even if you have your pit strategy fully set up before the race, it is highly recommended that you still manually select your tyres for the next pit stop during your inlap . You have nothing to do when you enter the pit lane, so that's a good time to select your tyres also.

The quick menu will appear in the middle left of your screen when the first quick menu key/button is pressed

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply Graham.

I'm using the MC2 wheel and paddle set I had for F1 2012 on the XBox.

I just tried your suggestion,but the only options I had were Fuel and Brakes.

Ken

You must have the tyre sim switched off I guess.

I am trying to imagine the settings in my head, because I'm in bed on my tablet, so can't run the game.

Apart from changing the game level in general, like professional or legend. Individual settings can be changed, so you need to look for the fuel and tyre sim settings and change the tyre setting I think.

Have a good hunt around the game settings. If you can't find it, try a forum search, it might pop up somewhere, as I am about to switch off the lights and sleep :sleep: So I won't be around for a while.

Good luck :)

Please ignore my previous post - I'm an idiot.

I was in qualifying when I tried it and, of course, I can go into the garage and select my tyres. When I tried it during the race itself, it worked exactly as you said.

Thanks again.
Ken

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%