Changing difficulty mid career?

Hello,

does anyone know if you can change the difficulty level in a season in career mode. It put me at medium and I'm crushing them every race. I can't seem to find anything.

Mike

Hello,

does anyone know if you can change the difficulty level in a season in career mode. It put me at medium and I'm crushing them every race. I can't seem to find anything.

Mike
Yes, You can.
There is one file name is savedsetting in My document/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config folder.

1. Open file with note pad.
2. Find difficulty
3. Change.
4. Save.

We can also change the car.
We cant choose the Ferrari 488gt3 in career mode as you know.
There is a file name is champstate(maybe).
This file has rosters and cars, skin ids and so on.
We find the car's informations and copy the lines.

Open the savedsetting file and paste line which is copied before.

We can drive the 488gt3 in career.

I think the champstate file is the file with which the championship, not career settings are stored. Difficulty settings of 88 are only available in the championship.
Yes, you are right.
Career's difficulty is in save settings file.
If you want to change the car for champhionship
, you need to edit for champstate.

Yes, You can.
There is one file name is savedsetting in My document/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config folder.

1. Open file with note pad.
2. Find difficulty
3. Change.
4. Save.
Options are (in case you don't remember :)):
- easy
- normal
- hard
- pro

I changed it to 'medium' (which isn't a thing) and had to restart my career (after A LOT of events completed)... :O_o:

Easy I was +5 seconds faster than the AI. Hard I can still be 1 second faster than 2nd place, so might give pro a shot tomorrow.

It's so annoying. Everyone in sim racing knows that the difference between smashing the entire field and being mid pack can be just a couple of percent on the AI difficulty slider, hell even codies brought in a slider in f1 for this reason.

For a dev like Kunos to forget that is just crazy, to lock you in to a career at one difficulty level is ridiculous.

Options are (in case you don't remember :)):
- easy
- normal
- hard
- pro

I changed it to 'medium' (which isn't a thing) and had to restart my career (after A LOT of events completed)... :O_o:

Easy I was +5 seconds faster than the AI. Hard I can still be 1 second faster than 2nd place, so might give pro a shot tomorrow.

You can also fine-tune the AI here:

Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\seasonEntity.json

Look for skillMultiplier and adjust it to suit

I've been running some events in my career now and amquite puzzled about AI difficulty.
Based on the test event on Monza I set the AI to "hard".
On the last two events at Misano and Hungaroring I was nearly 2 seconds faster than the AI and won all races, while on Brands Hatch I finished somewhere on 10th.

Is there a comparison table, where the difficulties are listed to the % settings in other game modes?
I would say that "hard" should be somewhere inbetween 92-94% AI.

Cheers

I too am struggling with this being new to the game. Based on the first events at Monza its putting me on medium, but that's too easy once going into race weekends. Still beating AI at hard level so tried Pro and I'm now about 3s off the pace! Seems really hard to get it right, shame there aren't more options for difficulties.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%