Changing difficulty mid career?

mjmueller

10RPM
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Hello,

does anyone know if you can change the difficulty level in a season in career mode. It put me at medium and I'm crushing them every race. I can't seem to find anything.

Mike

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
I'm looking for the same answer. Surely kunos know that AI is hit and miss that AI strength is adjusted on a track by track basis. So frustrating not having it as an option.

mhhkg

50RPM
Jun 13, 2009
Hello,

does anyone know if you can change the difficulty level in a season in career mode. It put me at medium and I'm crushing them every race. I can't seem to find anything.

Mike
Yes, You can.
There is one file name is savedsetting in My document/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config folder.

1. Open file with note pad.
2. Find difficulty
3. Change.
4. Save.

mhhkg

50RPM
Jun 13, 2009
We can also change the car.
We cant choose the Ferrari 488gt3 in career mode as you know.
There is a file name is champstate(maybe).
This file has rosters and cars, skin ids and so on.
We find the car's informations and copy the lines.

Open the savedsetting file and paste line which is copied before.

We can drive the 488gt3 in career.

Walles

10RPM
Jun 26, 2017
I think the champstate file is the file with which the championship, not career settings are stored. Difficulty settings of 88 are only available in the championship.

mhhkg

50RPM
Jun 13, 2009
I think the champstate file is the file with which the championship, not career settings are stored. Difficulty settings of 88 are only available in the championship.
Yes, you are right.
Career's difficulty is in save settings file.
If you want to change the car for champhionship
, you need to edit for champstate.

thestig171

100RPM
Premium
Mar 16, 2019
Yes, You can.
There is one file name is savedsetting in My document/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config folder.

1. Open file with note pad.
2. Find difficulty
3. Change.
4. Save.
Options are (in case you don't remember :)):
- easy
- normal
- hard
- pro

I changed it to 'medium' (which isn't a thing) and had to restart my career (after A LOT of events completed)... :O_o:

Easy I was +5 seconds faster than the AI. Hard I can still be 1 second faster than 2nd place, so might give pro a shot tomorrow.

Craig Thomas

10RPM
Nov 4, 2011
I’d like to delete the career and start over. I have learned alot @ ACC since I started and would love to start over. Is there a way to do that?

thestig171

100RPM
Premium
Mar 16, 2019
I'd say either just start a new career in the career section of the game or add a new driver and start a career?

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
It's so annoying. Everyone in sim racing knows that the difference between smashing the entire field and being mid pack can be just a couple of percent on the AI difficulty slider, hell even codies brought in a slider in f1 for this reason.

For a dev like Kunos to forget that is just crazy, to lock you in to a career at one difficulty level is ridiculous.

Günthar Rowe

True2Life Racing
Premium
Feb 24, 2008
Options are (in case you don't remember :)):
- easy
- normal
- hard
- pro

I changed it to 'medium' (which isn't a thing) and had to restart my career (after A LOT of events completed)... :O_o:

Easy I was +5 seconds faster than the AI. Hard I can still be 1 second faster than 2nd place, so might give pro a shot tomorrow.
You can also fine-tune the AI here:

Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\seasonEntity.json

Look for skillMultiplier and adjust it to suit

DrRob

500RPM
Jan 7, 2017
I've been running some events in my career now and amquite puzzled about AI difficulty.
Based on the test event on Monza I set the AI to "hard".
On the last two events at Misano and Hungaroring I was nearly 2 seconds faster than the AI and won all races, while on Brands Hatch I finished somewhere on 10th.

Is there a comparison table, where the difficulties are listed to the % settings in other game modes?
I would say that "hard" should be somewhere inbetween 92-94% AI.

Cheers

mitchgixer6

50RPM
Nov 23, 2019
I too am struggling with this being new to the game. Based on the first events at Monza its putting me on medium, but that's too easy once going into race weekends. Still beating AI at hard level so tried Pro and I'm now about 3s off the pace! Seems really hard to get it right, shame there aren't more options for difficulties.

Reactions: DrRob

Tobus

1RPM
Dec 19, 2019
well it also seems to depend on the car and your style? I can drive rings around anything on hard/high settings in a Lexus. Not so in a Bentley.